Anna Cantrell BA, MA, MCLIP
Information Resources Group, HEDS, ScHARR
The University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Sheffield S1 4DA
Tel: (+44) (0)114 222 0894
Fax: (+44) (0)114 222 0749
I joined the School of Health and Related Research in August 2005 as an Information Officer for Systematic Reviews and Knowledge Transfer projects becoming a research associate in 2015.
My key research interests are around systematic literature searching; rapid reviews, evidence synthesis and knowledge transfer.
I am the module leader for HAR656 Evidence Based Practice and Healthcare Information on the MsC Health Informatics (Distance Learning) Course.
Anna Cantrell is based in Health Economics and Decision Science (HEDS)
Health Economics and Decision Science
- Chambers D, Cantrell AJ, Johnson M, Preston L, Baxter SK, Booth A & Turner J (2019) Digital and online symptom checkers and health assessment/triage services for urgent health problems: systematic review. BMJ Open, 9(8), e027743-e027743. View this article in WRRO
- Preston LR, Chambers D, Campbell F, Cantrell A, Turner J & Goyder EC (2018) What evidence is there for the identification and management of frail older people in the emergency department? A systematic mapping review. Health Services and Delivery Research, 6(16). View this article in WRRO
- Coster JE, Turner JK, Bradbury D & Cantrell A (2017) Why Do People Choose Emergency and Urgent Care Services? A Rapid Review Utilizing a Systematic Literature Search and Narrative Synthesis. Academic Emergency Medicine, 24(9), 1137-1149. View this article in WRRO
- Morrell CJ, Sutcliffe P, Booth A, Stevens J, Scope A, Stevenson M, Harvey R, Bessey A, Cantrell A, Dennis C-L , Ren S et al (2016) A systematic review, evidence synthesis and meta-analysis of quantitative and qualitative studies evaluating the clinical effectiveness, the cost-effectiveness, safety and acceptability of interventions to prevent postnatal depression. Health Technology Assessment, 20(37), 1-414. View this article in WRRO
- Archer R, Tappenden P, Ren S, Martyn-St James M, Harvey R, Basarir H, Stevens J, Carroll C, Cantrell A, Lobo A & Hoque S (2016) Infliximab, adalimumab and golimumab for treating moderately to severely active ulcerative colitis after the failure of conventional therapy (including a review of TA140 and TA262): clinical effectiveness systematic review and economic model. Health Technology Assessment, 20(39), 1-326. View this article in WRRO
- Martyn-St James M, Cooper K, Ren K, Kaltenthaler E, Dickinson K, Cantrell A, Wylie K, Frodsham L & Hood C (2016) Topical anaesthetics for premature ejaculation: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Sexual Health, 13(2), 114-114. View this article in WRRO
- Booth A, Cantrell A, Preston L, Chambers D & Goyder E (2015) What is the evidence for the effectiveness, appropriateness and feasibility of group clinics for patients with chronic conditions? A systematic review. Health Services and Delivery Research, 3(46). View this article in WRRO
- Turner J, Coster J, Chambers D, Cantrell A, Phung V-H, Knowles E, Bradbury D & Goyder E (2015) What evidence is there on the effectiveness of different models of delivering urgent care? A rapid review. Health Services and Delivery Research, 3(43).
- Tattersall A, Beecroft C & Cantrell A (2011) Using web 2.0 tools to create customized research portals. Journal of Electronic Resources in Medical Libraries, 8(4), 367-381. View this article in WRRO
- Wilkinson A, Papaioannou D, Keen C & Booth A (2009) The role of the information specialist in supporting knowledge transfer: a public health information case study.. Health Info Libr J, 26(2), 118-125.
- Baxter S, Johnson M, Blank L, Cantrell A, Brumfitt S, Enderby P & Goyder E () Non-pharmacological treatments for stuttering in children and adults: a systematic review and evaluation of clinical effectiveness, and exploration of barriers to successful outcomes. Health Technology Assessment, 20(2), 1-302. View this article in WRRO
- Cooper K, Martyn-St James M, Kaltenthaler E, Dickinson K & Cantrell A () Interventions to treat premature ejaculation: a systematic review short report. Health Technology Assessment, 19(21), 1-180. View this article in WRRO
- Chambers D, Cantrell A, Preston L, Peasgood T, Paisley S & Clowes M (2018) Systematic review of the evidence on housing interventions for ‘housing-vulnerable’ adults and its relationship to wellbeing View this article in WRRO