Anna Cantrell BA, MA, MCLIP
Information Resources Group, HEDS, ScHARR
The University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Sheffield S1 4DA
Tel: (+44) (0)114 222 0894
Fax: (+44) (0)114 222 0749
I joined the School of Health and Related Research in August 2005 as an Information Officer for Systematic Reviews and Knowledge Transfer projects becoming a research associate in 2015.
My key research interests are around systematic literature searching; rapid reviews, evidence synthesis and knowledge transfer.
I am the module leader for HAR656 Evidence Based Practice and Healthcare Information on the MsC Health Informatics (Distance Learning) Course.
Anna Cantrell is based in Health Economics and Decision Science (HEDS)
Health Economics and Decision Science
- Archer R, Tappenden P, Ren S, Martyn-St James M, Harvey R, Basarir H, Stevens J, Carroll C, Cantrell A, Lobo A & Hoque S (2016) Infliximab, adalimumab and golimumab for treating moderately to severely active ulcerative colitis after the failure of conventional therapy (including a review of TA140 and TA262): clinical effectiveness systematic review and economic model. Health Technology Assessment, 20(39), 1-326. View this article in WRRO
- Morrell CJ, Sutcliffe P, Booth A, Stevens J, Scope A, Stevenson M, Harvey R, Bessey A, Cantrell A, Dennis C-L, Ren S, Ragonesi M, Barkham M, Churchill D, Henshaw C, Newstead J, Slade P, Spiby H & Stewart-Brown S (2016) A systematic review, evidence synthesis and meta-analysis of quantitative and qualitative studies evaluating the clinical effectiveness, the cost-effectiveness, safety and acceptability of interventions to prevent postnatal depression. Health Technology Assessment, 20(37), 1-414. View this article in WRRO
- Baxter S, Johnson M, Blank L, Cantrell A, Brumfitt S, Enderby P & Goyder E (2016) Non-pharmacological treatments for stuttering in children and adults: a systematic review and evaluation of clinical effectiveness, and exploration of barriers to successful outcomes. Health Technology Assessment, 20(2), 1-302. View this article in WRRO
- Booth A, Cantrell A, Preston L, Chambers D & Goyder E (2015) What is the evidence for the effectiveness, appropriateness and feasibility of group clinics for patients with chronic conditions? A systematic review. Health Services and Delivery Research, 3(46). View this article in WRRO
- Turner J, Coster J, Chambers D, Cantrell A, Phung V-H, Knowles E, Bradbury D & Goyder E (2015) What evidence is there on the effectiveness of different models of delivering urgent care? A rapid review. Health Services and Delivery Research, 3(43).
- Cooper K, Martyn-St James M, Kaltenthaler E, Dickinson K & Cantrell A (2015) Interventions to treat premature ejaculation: a systematic review short report. Health Technology Assessment, 19(21), 1-180. View this article in WRRO
- Leaviss J, Sullivan W, Ren S, Everson-Hock E, Stevenson M, Stevens JW, Strong M & Cantrell A (2014) What is the clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of cytisine compared with varenicline for smoking cessation? A systematic review and economic evaluation.. Health Technol Assess, 18(33), 1-120.
- Morrell CJ, Cantrell A, Evans K & Carrick-Sen DM (2013) A review of instruments to measure health-related quality of life and well-being among pregnant women. Journal of Reproductive and Infant Psychology, 31(5), 512-530.
- Tattersall A, Beecroft C & Cantrell A (2011) Using web 2.0 tools to create customized research portals. Journal of Electronic Resources in Medical Libraries, 8(4), 367-381. View this article in WRRO
- Wilkinson A, Papaioannou D, Keen C & Booth A (2009) The role of the information specialist in supporting knowledge transfer: a public health information case study.. Health Info Libr J, 26(2), 118-125.