The Science and Engineering Foundation Year provides students with a useful and dedicated platform to grow and develop into talented engineers and scientists of the future.
Science and Engineering Foundation Year graduates have gone on to work in industry and academia, in world-renowned companies and in lucrative careers.
Career destinations of our graduates
- William Cook Cast Product
- Champtron Creative Labs
- Ricardo Energy & Environment
- Waterman Group
- BAE Systems Ltd
- Infotec Ltd
Job titles and positions of our graduates
- Microwave Development Engineer
- Forensic Electrical Engineer
- XWB Transient Performance Team Leader
- Pre Integration Engineer
- Graduate Systems Engineer
- Operations Manager
- Frontend Engineer
- Graduate Structural Engineer
- Analyst Consultant
- PCB Technician
- PhD Student, University of Cambridge
A global reputation
Sheffield is a research university with a global reputation for excellence. We're a member of the Russell Group: one of the 24 leading UK universities for research and teaching.