What can we offer you?
As a graduate of the University of Sheffield, you can continue to use many of our services for as long as you need us* including access to online resources, vacancies, events and appointments.
Whether you're at the beginning of your journey and aren't sure where to start, or would like assistance with job applications, online assessment tests or interviews, we're here to help.
Sign up to Career Connect to view vacancies and access further support. See our quick guide to help you get set up.
* Please note: if you’ve registered on a course or research programme at another UK Higher Education institution after leaving the University of Sheffield, you will need to use the services available at that institution instead.
You can find contact details for other Career Services on the AGCAS (Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services) website.
Support for graduates
Our support for graduates includes:
- An online chat function or by calling 0114 222 0910 (available 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri)
- Employer events, workshops and webinars on a variety of career-related topics, some of which are specifically tailored for graduates
- In-person support at the Careers & Skills Hub within the Students’ Union on Level 3 (opposite Proper Pasty) (open 10am-4.30pm, Mon-Fri)
- By submitting an email enquiry or booking a careers appointment via Career Connect
There is additional support available should you have complex personal circumstances which are impacting your career planning, applications or interviews. Speak to us to find out more.
Need further support? We can help
Read the FAQ resources, press submit and access a one-to-one appointment with an adviser. Looking at our resources will help you to make the most of your time in an appointment.
- Exploring my options / making decisions about my future
- How to find vacancies for jobs or work experience
- Online assessments/aptitude tests - Improving my performance
- Writing applications; personal statements; CVs & cover letters
- Improving my interview or assessment centre technique
Graduates LinkedIn group
Join our “Graduate Careers Support Network” on LinkedIn to see regular updates from the Career Service, including job vacancies and information about graduate events.
Use this group to:
- See regular updates from the Career Service, including job vacancies and information about graduate events
- Start a conversation and connect with a supportive community of graduates
Keep up to date with the latest Careers Service news on our social media channels.
Stay connected with your University
Experience all the benefits and services that come from being a Sheffield graduate.