International Engineering Ambassadors (IEAs)
What is an International Engineering Ambassador?
Our IEAs are international students who want to encourage other overseas students to study engineering at Sheffield and help them make the most of their time here.
They share information about life as an engineering student at the University and required to represent the Faculty of Engineering in a professional, enthusiastic manner and are expected to attend regular meetings throughout the year to share ideas and update the group on various activities.
If you want to know more about the scheme please download the job description.
What do IEAs do?
- Write a blog about their experiences
- Support at Open Days and with outreach activities
- Meet delegations and visitors from other international universities
- Visit schools and make presentations in their home countries
- Create videos
Why become an IEA?
- Get paid to work at events
- Learn new skills such as video editing
- Boost your CV
- Become part of a close network of friends and colleagues
- Help other students like you
How do I become an IEA?
Applications for our new intake of International Engineering Ambassadors for 2019/20 are now open and can be applied for here.
Deadline for all applications is 7th November.
Successful applicants will be invited to interviews which will take place from Monday 11th November to Wednesday 13th November.
To find our more please email IEA Co-ordinator Natalka Shackley.