International Engineering Ambassadors (IEAs)
Our IEAs are international students who want to encourage other overseas students to study engineering at Sheffield and help them make the most of their time here.
What do IEAs do?
- Write a blog about their experiences
- Support at Open Days and with outreach activities
- Meet delegations and visitors from other international universities
- Visit schools and make presentations in their home countries
- Create videos
Why become an IEA?
- Get paid to work at events
- Learn new skills such as video editing
- Boost your CV
- Become part of a close network of friends and colleagues
- Help other students like you
How do I become an IEA?
Applications for our new intake of International Engineering Ambassadors for 2016/17 have now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied. The application process will reopen in October 2018.
If you are interested in finding out more information about the IEA programme, please email Natalka Shackley.