Faculty Financial Support and Advice
The Department of Finance has a number of specialist teams; each supports a specific area of the financial activities of the University. These pages are provided to help University colleagues find the correct team, and team member, to help with their enquiry. Named contacts for each Faculty are shown below.
The teams who deal with the majority of financial enquiries from departments are:
- Faculty finance teams – a Faculty Finance Manager and an Assistant Finance Manager support Faculties with enquiries relating to departmental expenditure and budgets, including reporting. They are also responsible for enquiries about income associated with Services Rendered, Short Courses, Conferences and other non-research project accounts.
- Payments team – support each Faculty by processing supplier invoices and credit notes, issuing duplicate remittance advices and advising on ad hoc invoicing queries. Purchases made through a University purchasing card, and queries relating to these, are supported by any member of the purchasing card team. You might also find information and advice on new, existing or blocked vendors useful.
- Payroll team – a member of the payroll team supports each Faculty with any staff salary queries, including permanent and temporary changes to pay, Occupational Sick Pay (OSP), Statutory Sick Pay (SSP), Occupational Maternity Pay (OMP) and Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP). The team also process all fee payments to non-University staff (atypical workers, visitors, students) and handle any queries your Department has on these topics. Staff expenses claims are processed separately by the expenses team who will also answer any queries you may have.
- Procurement Office team - provide general and specialist advice and guidance on procurement procedures, including tendering, EU procurement and funding councils. If you have a general procurement enquiry, including new vendor requests, please contact the Procurement Office helpdesk. If you have a procurement enquiry relating to a specific product or contract area, please contact the named individual responsible for the type of item you wish to purchase, or take a look at the Supplier Information Database. If you require advice at Faculty or Departmental level, please contact the team member shown for your Faculty.
- Research finance teams – provide support and guidance on financial aspects of externally funded research grants and contracts, including reporting. If you have a sponsor specific enquiry then Faculty Finance (Research) who look after grants awarded by your sponsor will be able to help. If you have a general research finance query, or you require advice at Faculty or Departmental level, contact the named section leader within research finance shown for your Faculty .
Additional advice for Faculties is also provided by the Capital Projects and Tax teams within the Department of Finance, and other Professional Services colleagues in Human Resources and Planning and Governance Services.
A E M S
Academic Departments not aligned to a Faculty
A K S W
||White Rose University Consortium