We are keen to attract outstanding early career researchers through postdoctoral fellowships and grants. With its reputation for research excellence in the social sciences, and its renowned early career development opportunities, the University of Sheffield can offer an excellent environment for you to establish your research career.
If you are interested in conducting postdoctoral research in the Department of Geography, please contact Simon Beecroft in the first instance, with the following information:
- Curriculum Vitae (max. 2 pages)
- Outline research proposal (max. 2 pages) - including aims, research questions, methods and outputs
The University runs internal competitions for most major postdoctoral schemes in order to select the strongest applicants. With this in mind, you are advised to contact us as early as possible so that we can work with you to develop a competitive application.
Links to some of the key postdoctoral funding schemes are provided below:
- ESRC Postdoctoral Fellowships - internal deadline for Expressions of Interest: 09 January 2019
- Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellowships - internal deadline for Expressions of Interest: 23 January 2019
- Newton Fellowships- next deadline TBC
- Marie Curie Individual Fellowships - likely deadline September 2019
- British Academy Post-doctoral Fellowships - likely deadline October 2019
- ESRC New Investigators Scheme - open call
- UKRI Future Leaders Fellowships - multiple calls planned in coming years