Visa Letters

All immigration advice in the UK is regulated including that provided by the Students’ Union and the University.  The Events Team cannot give advice on immigration matters.

The University has trained immigration advisors who can offer you support and advice. Please see for more details.

Certificate of Student Status

If you are coming from overseas and will require a visa to enter the UK, you can request a 'Certificate of Student Status' to use when you apply for entry clearance. You can find further information on this service and request the letter via the SSiD web page.

Bringing your family to the UK

If your family normally require visas to come to the UK, you will need to prepare in advance to help them get a visa in time to attend your ceremony.

An information leaflet is available from the Student Advice Centre in the Union Building and is also available on the following web page:

Further Advice

Further information for international students can be found at: