It is vital that we take a holistic approach to race equality if we are to effect transformational change.
Our strategy specifically targets issues of under-representation, progression and attainment, and aims to create a University community which is diverse and inclusive.
To achieve this, we have identified five key objectives to be delivered via an action plan, covering all aspects of University life:
- Reduce the attainment gap between Black, Asian and Other Minority Ethnic (BAME) and White students to zero.
- Widen access to students from BAME backgrounds and support these students to succeed once at the University of Sheffield.
- Improve graduate outcomes and progression to postgraduate education for BAME students.
- Increase the diversity of the staff body and support the career progression of BAME staff.
- Create an inclusive campus culture that facilitates belonging and promotes respect for BAME students and staff, and the wider BAME community.