International Merit Undergraduate Scholarships 2017
Our Merit Undergraduate Scholarships are worth 50% of the annual undergraduate tuition fee.
- A link to the online scholarship application will be sent by email to all eligible students from January onwards.
- Applicants must have received an offer by 16 June 2017.
- The deadline for scholarship applications is Friday 23 June 2017.
- Scholarship results will be announced Friday 28 July 2017.
Eligibility and award criteria
To be eligible for the scholarships, applicants must be a national of or permanently domiciled in one of the following:
|Latin America: Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Mexico, Paraguay, Panama, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela|
- Applicants must have applied for and been offered a study place before Friday 16 June 2017 at the University of Sheffield to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The scholarship will not be available to applicants who have made the University of Sheffield their insurance choice.
- The scholarship application is a separate online process to applying for a course. A link to the online scholarship application will be sent by email to all eligible students from January onwards.
- The scholarship will be awarded on the the basis of academic merit and the supporting statement. The final decision will be made by an academic panel.
- The scholarship is guaranteed in the first year of study and you can also receive this in each subsequent year of study, subject to achieving 60% or above in the previous academic year. This excludes any years in industry or study abroad periods. This applies to all undergraduate programmes except Medicine and Dentistry. Students of Medicine or Dentistry will only receive the scholarship for the non-clinical years (Medicine years 1 & 2 and Dentistry year 1)
- The scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with other University of Sheffield scholarships as long as the individual does not become fully funded, for tuition fee purposes, as a result of the sum of these awards.
- The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
- You must be self-funding and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- The scholarship will not be awarded where funding is applicable from an external body* and there is an agreement already in place between the external body and the University of Sheffield to offer a tuition fee discount to the student.
- The scholarships are for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying online or via distance learning are not eligible for the scholarships.
- Part-time students will receive the full value of a one year of scholarship split pro rata over the duration of an equivalent single full-time academic year.
* Government or governmental organisation – international, national or regional; research council; charity; private enterprise; or any similar organisation.