A selection of Sir Harry Kroto's recorded lectures on a variety of topics.
A set of general science lectures for undergraduates. Presented in a dual window video or powerpoint-data format. This set of lectures was presented at Florida State University on 'Science in the 21st century'.
- molecular spectroscopy
- my ABC, overview of molecular spectroscopy (plus downloadable sheet teaching material)
- art and science
- nanoscience and nanotechnology
Many of the recordings are preceded by a discussion of the previous lesson or the homework problem.
Second and third row analogues of first row systems. (eg CH2=S … CH2=O phosphaalkenes and phosphaalkynes)
Rotational spectroscopy. Harry Kroto's general ABC and method of spectroscopy.
General discussion on science. Symmetry dynamics, vibrations and climate change.
DNA I. X Ray analysis.
Astrophysical chemistry. The sound on this recording does not work.
A lecture for general students who may not have a strong mathematics background using this ABC… System to understand rotational spectra of simple linear molecules.
- Harold Kroto calls for a Lindau Alumni Initiative, 2015.
- Harold Kroto's other Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting lectures and panels.
- Seven lectures as part of Opening Minds, 2013.
- Eight astrophysical chemistry video lectures.
- C60, the celestial sphere that fell to Earth, 1995.
- Science, a round peg in a square world, Faraday Award lecture.
- Architects of the microcosmos, Reflections on science.
- Art and science I: drawing Buckyballs (PDF, 349KB)
- Creativity in education, the key to an enlightened global community - transcript (PDF, 3.71MB)
Lindau lecture feedback! (PDF, 327KB)
A world-class university – a unique student experience
Sheffield is a research university with a global reputation for excellence. We're a member of the Russell Group: one of the 24 leading UK universities for research and teaching.