We offer a range of mathematics and statistics degrees. They include opportunities to study abroad, complete a year-long work placement or combine your maths degree with another subject – from finance to philosophy to French.
MMath or BSc?
MMath options come with a final year of research training, where you'll work with a professional mathematician on an unanswered question in mathematics. They're the best route for students who are thinking about a career in mathematics research.
All of our course cover topics across pure mathematics, applied mathematics, probability and statistics – knowledge that every mathematician needs for a successful career. Some courses have more compulsory modules, so you can develop specialist knowledge.
But there’s always flexibility to choose from a wide range of optional modules too, so you can tailor your degree to your interests, your career goals and the problems you want to help solve.
Our specialist Mathematics and Statistics courses are accredited by the Royal Statistical Society, so you'll cover all the statistical tools and concepts you need for a career as a professional statistician.
- Mathematics BSc G100
- Mathematics MMath G103
- Mathematics with Placement Year BSc GG11
- Mathematics with Placement Year MMath GG12
- Mathematics and Statistics BSc G112
- Mathematics and Statistics MMath G110
- Mathematics and Statistics with Placement Year BSc GG13
- Mathematics and Statistics with Placement Year MMath GG14
- Mathematics with French MMath G1R1
- Mathematics with German MMath G1R2
- Mathematics with Spanish MMath G1R4
If you're starting your degree in 2023, you can apply to spend a year studying abroad once you've started.
Discover what sets Sheffield apart at our undergraduate open days on the Saturday 21 October or Saturday 18 November.