Medical School Graduation 2020
Welcome to the University of Sheffield’s first ever virtual graduation ceremony to celebrate the achievements of our Medical School Class of 2020.
We are immensely proud of our medical students, who are graduating early to support the NHS during the coronavirus pandemic.
You can now rewatch the livestream of our first ever virtual graduation ceremony.
During the ceremony, we invited graduates to join Professor Deborah Murdoch-Eaton while she read the modern Hippocratic Oath. We have encouraged graduates to record themselves reading the Oath and to share their videos for everyone to see at https://flipgrid.com/tuosmed.
A huge thank you to Pete McKee who has produced this special artwork for us to share as part of our Medical School Graduation as we celebrate Sheffield's new doctors.
Thank you also to Sheffield alumnus and Reverend and the Makers frontman Jon McClure who sent us special video message and acoustic performance for the Medical School Class of 2020.
How to upload your oath video to Flipgrid
Laptop or PC
The easiest way to upload a video of your Oath is via web browser on your computer or laptop.
To do this you need to:
- Click the green and white plus icon on https://flipgrid.com/tuosmed
- Login/authenticate Flipgrid using your University gmail account
- This will trigger the video recorder (you may need to allow permissions to access your camera and microphone)
- Hit the red record button to film yourself taking the Oath
- When you are done hit the record button again to stop filming and then press ‘Next’
- If you are happy with your video hit next again
- Now it will ask you for a quick selfie to go along with your video
- When you’ve done that, simply add your name to the ‘display name’ field and hit ‘Submit video’
iPhone or Android
It is also possible to record and submit your video straight from your smartphone.
To do this you need to:
- First, install the Flipgrid app from either the App Store (iOS) or Play Store (Android)
- Go to https://flipgrid.com/tuosmed and click the green and white plus icon
- You will need to give Flipgrid permissions to access your camera and media
- Press and hold the red record button to film yourself taking the oath
- When you are done recording hit the white play button in the bottom right
- If you are happy with your clip then press the green arrow ‘next’ button
- It will ask you to take a quick selfie to go with your video - so do this and then hit next
- Add your name and then press submit video.