14th Medical School Annual Research Meeting - Instructions for presenters
Abstracts will be judged by the Medical School's Departmental Executive Committees who will make recommendations for oral presentations to the Research Meeting Working Group (RMWG). The RMWG will then select 16 abstracts for oral presentation. All abstracts will be published in the abstract book unless exclusion is requested at the point of abstract submission.
Oral Presentation Guidelines:
- Oral presentations should be 8 minutes in length with an additional 2 minutes for questions (10 minutes in total). Presenters should include an informative introduction to the area of their research due to the mixed background of the audience.
- Presentations take place in the Student Auditorium (Students Union Building) which is equipped as a lecture theatre with a screen, projector, lectern, computer & microphone.
- You will be asked to send a copy of your presentation to the Administrator in advance of the meeting.
- Only invited speakers may give an oral presentation. If a speaker is unable to attend, the oral presentation slot will be offered to a different speaker appointed by the RMWG.
- Junior staff/students who wish to seek independent coaching for their presentation can do so by approaching the RMWG. Please make contact at least two weeks prior to the meeting.