- Timetables are provisional as classes are offered subject to viability of student numbers and availability of staff. Contact time may also vary according to the size of the group.
- Class times will be confirmed when enrolling but may be scheduled at alternative times by arrangements between the module tutor and the group.
- If you need to change the group(s) you are enrolled on, please apply online.
|Teaching and assessment dates
Unless otherwise stated in the Timetable information pages, MLTC courses run during the periods below. Please note:
- There is no 'Reading Week', either in the Autumn or the Spring.
- Classes originally scheduled during a bank holiday Monday will be re-scheduled or alternative arrangements will be made if this is not possible.
- Examinations can take place at any time and on any day (Monday-Saturday) during the examination period. The exact date of individual exams is usually published here one month before the start of the examination period by Exam Services. Examinations cannot be re-scheduled.
- The Supplementary (Re-assessment) Period is for credited students only.
- Autumn Semester:
- Teaching: Monday 2 October 2017 to Friday 15 December 2017 (11 weeks).
- Examination period: Monday 15 January 2018 - Saturday 3 February 2018
- Spring Semester:
- Teaching: Monday 5 February 2018 to Friday 23 March 2018 (Weeks 1 to 7) AND Monday 16 April 2018 to Friday 18 May 2018 (12 weeks in total)
The following modules run for 11 weeks only and start in Week 2 (i.e. week commencing 12th February):
- MLT109B Arabic Beginner 1 (SPR)
- MLT101B French Beginner 1 (SPR)
- MLT103B Spanish Beginner 1 (SPR)
- MLT105B German Beginner 1 (SPR)
- MLT107B Italian Beginner 1 (SPR)
- Examination period: Monday 21 May - Saturday 9 June 2018
- Supplementary (Resit) Period: Monday 6 - Friday 24 August 2018
|Choosing your class, lab and groups
Some courses include a class AND a lab hour every week. Attending both is essential, and a requirement for module validation.
When there are several groups, the class group and the lab group are chosen independently from one another (e.g. you can choose Group 2 for the class and Group 4 for the lab).
Work done in the lab is intended as consolidation of the work done in class. Therefore, the lab you choose must run AFTER the class, i.e. either later the same day or later in the week. You cannot, for instance, choose a class on Thursdays and a lab on Wednesdays.