Dr Amanda Loban
School of Health and Related Research
Head of Data Management
+44 114 222 2995
Full contact details
School of Health and Related Research
1.09b, 1st Floor
The Innovation Centre
I joined the CTRU in 2009 as a Data Manager. I graduated in Biomedical Science from the University of Central Lancashire and completed my PhD in Nutritional Biochemistry at the University of Sheffield. After my PhD I worked for 11 years at PAREXEL International, progressing to lead Data Manager on a wide variety of clinical trials. These trials were across a variety of phases and indications and included large multi-centre, international drugs trials which involved Europe, the US and Japan. During this time I also completed a post graduate certificate in Clinical Research at the University of Cardiff. I have over 20 years of experience managing the data management aspects of MHRA regulated drugs trials. As Head of Data Management within the CTRU I am responsible for the management of the data management group and oversight of data management on CTRU studies. I have been the Information Governance manager for ScHARR since 2016, responsible for the day-to-day operational management of research information governance activities within the School (ScHARR Information Governance Committee | ScHARR | The University of Sheffield).
Amanda Loban is based in the Design, Trials & Statistics
This person does not have any publications available.
- An intervention to promote self-management, independence and self-efficacy in people with early-stage dementia: the Journeying through Dementia RCT.. Health Technol Assess, 26(24), 1-152.
- The Journeying through Dementia psychosocial intervention versus usual care study: a single-blind, parallel group, phase 3 trial. The Lancet Healthy Longevity, 3(4), e276-e285.
- Post-exertion oxygen saturation as a prognostic factor for adverse outcome in patients attending the emergency department with suspected COVID-19: a substudy of the PRIEST observational cohort study. Emergency Medicine Journal. View this article in WRRO
- Characterisation of 22445 patients attending UK emergency departments with suspected COVID-19 infection : observational cohort study. PLoS ONE, 15(11). View this article in WRRO
- Study protocol for a randomised controlled trial assessing the clinical and cost-effectiveness of the Journeying through Dementia (JtD) intervention compared to usual care. BMJ Open, 9(9). View this article in WRRO
- Multicentre, double-blind, crossover trial to identify the Optimal Pathway for TreatIng neurOpathic paiN in Diabetes Mellitus (OPTION-DM): study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. Trials, 19(1), 578-578. View this article in WRRO
- The association between long-term conditions and uptake of population-based screening for colorectal cancer: results from two English cohort studies. Cancer Management and Research, 10, 637-645. View this article in WRRO
- A randomized trial found online questionnaires supplemented by postal reminders generated a cost-effective and generalizable sample but don’t forget the reminders. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, 92, 116-125. View this article in WRRO
- PLEASANT: Preventing and Lessening Exacerbations of Asthma in School-age children Associated with a New Term - a cluster randomised controlled trial and economic evaluation.. Health Technology Assessment, 20(93), 1-154. View this article in WRRO
- Cohort Profile: The Yorkshire Health Study.. Int J Epidemiol, 45(3), 707-712. View this article in WRRO
- ‘Fish out of water’: a cross-sectional study on the interaction between social and neighbourhood effects on weight management behaviours. International Journal of Obesity, 39(3), 535-541. View this article in WRRO
- "Booster" interventions to sustain increases in physical activity in middle-aged adults in deprived urban neighbourhoods: internal pilot and feasibility study. BMC Public Health, 11(1). View this article in WRRO
- South Yorkshire Cohort: a 'cohort trials facility' study of health and weight - protocol for the recruitment phase.. BMC Public Health, 11, 640. View this article in WRRO
- Iron-Binding Antioxidant Potential of Plasma Albumin. Clinical Science, 93(5), 445-451.
- Vitamin C at Concentrations Observed in Premature Babies Inhibits the Ferroxidase Activity of Caeruloplasmin. Free Radical Research, 22(1), 57-65.
- Enhancing Social-Emotional Outcomes in Early Years (E-SEE): Randomized Pilot Study of Incredible Years Infant and Toddler Programs. Journal of Child and Family Studies.
- Prognostic accuracy of emergency department triage tools for adults with suspected COVID-19: the PRIEST observational cohort study. Emergency Medicine Journal.
- Derivation and validation of a clinical severity score for acutely ill adults with suspected COVID-19: The PRIEST observational cohort study. PLOS ONE, 16(1), e0245840-e0245840.
- Characterisation of 22446 patients attending UK emergency departments with suspected COVID-19 infection: Observational cohort study. View this article in WRRO
Conference proceedings papers
- LATE-BREAKING ABSTRACT: PLEASANT: Preventing and lessening exacerbations of asthma in school-age children associated with a new term. 1.6 General Practice and Primary Care