MSc Maastricht (the Netherlands), PhD Rotterdam (the Netherlands)
School of Health and Related Research
+44 114 222 6392
Full contact details
School of Health and Related Research
Regent Court (ScHARR)
30 Regent Street
I joined HEDS as a modeller in October 2018 after two-year post-doctoral fellowship in the International Agency for Research on Cancer of the World Health Organization. Prior to this I was employed by the Erasmus University Rotterdam, School of Health Policy and Management, were earlier (2015) I defended my PhD. My path to science was long, and I have a seven-year experience in pharmaceutical business organizations. Starting from Manager in Pharmacoeconomics and growing to the Head of the Market Access Department, I was employed by such global companies as Janssen-Cilag, Merck, and Sanofi. Within HEDS I specialise in public health-related modelling projects, focussing particularly upon modelling of cancer prevention and early detection.
- Research interests
- Cancer prevention and early detection
- Calibration of cancer natural history disease models
- Implementation research
- Global research
- I currently work on a microsimulation model for colorectal cancer
Show: Featured publications All publications
This person does not have any publications available.
- Perspective on oral cancer screening: time for implementation research and beyond. Journal of Cancer Policy, 35.
- IARC perspective on oral cancer prevention. New England Journal of Medicine.
- Effectiveness of screening for oral cancer and oral potentially malignant disorders (OPMD): a systematic review. Preventive Medicine Reports, 30, 101987-101987.
- Cost-effectiveness of BRCA 1/2 genetic test and preventive strategies : using real-world data from an upper-middle income country. Frontiers in Oncology, 12.
- Modelling cost-effective strategies for minimising socioeconomic inequalities in colorectal cancer screening outcomes in England. Preventive Medicine. View this article in WRRO
- The Cost-Effectiveness of Belimumab and Voclosporin for Patients with Lupus Nephritis in the United States. Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, 17(3), 385-394.
- The effectiveness and value of belimumab and voclosporin for lupus nephritis.. Journal of Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy, 27(10), 1495-1499.
- Quo Vadis HTA for Medical Devices in Central and Eastern Europe? Recommendations to Address Methodological Challenges. Frontiers in Public Health.
- Cognitions and behaviours of general practitioners in France regarding HPV vaccination : a theory-based systematic review. Preventive Medicine.
- Effects of nutritional supplements on the re-infection rate of soil-transmitted helminths in school-age children : a systematic review and meta-analysis. PLoS ONE, 15(8). View this article in WRRO
- Systematic reviews as a “lens of evidence”: determinants of participation in breast cancer screening. Journal of Medical Screening. View this article in WRRO
- Population preferences for breast cancer screening policies : discrete choice experiment in Belarus. PLoS ONE, 1. View this article in WRRO
- Systematic reviews as a “lens of evidence”: determinants of cost-effectiveness of breast cancer screening. Cancer Medicine. View this article in WRRO
- Systematic reviews as a “lens of evidence”: determinants of benefits and harms of breast cancer screening. International Journal of Cancer, 145(4), 994-1006. View this article in WRRO
- Disutility associated with cancer screening programs : a systematic review. PLoS ONE, 14(7). View this article in WRRO
- What determines the effects and costs of breast cancer screening? A protocol of a systematic review of reviews. Systematic Reviews, 6(1).
- Cost comparison of treating chronic hepatitis C genotype one with pegylated interferons in Ukraine. Open Medicine, 10(1).
- REVIEWING TRANSFERABILITY IN ECONOMIC EVALUATIONS ORIGINATING FROM EASTERN EUROPE. International Journal of Technology Assessment in Health Care, 31(6), 434-441.
- Transferability of Economic Evaluations To Central and Eastern Euroepan and Former Soviet Countries. Value in Health, 17(7), A443-A444.
- Cost for Treatment of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia in Specialized Institutions of Ukraine. Value in Health Regional Issues, 2(2), 205-209.
- PSS14 PHARMACOECONOMICS OF INNOVATIVE MEDICINES FOR TREATMENT OF PSORIASIS IN UKRAINE. Value in Health, 13(7), A400-A400.
- Critical Appraisal of Decision Models Used for the Economic Evaluation of Bladder Cancer Screening and Diagnosis: A Systematic Review. PharmacoEconomics.
- Diagnosis, treatment and survival from bladder, upper urinary tract and urethral cancers: Real world findings from
NHSEngland between 2013 and 2019. BJU International.
- Modelling the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on bowel cancer screening outcomes in England: a decision analysis to prepare for future screening disruption. Preventive Medicine.
- Should colorectal cancer screening start at different ages for men and women? Cost-effectiveness analysis for a resource constrained service. Cancer Reports.
- Cost-effectiveness of adding rituximab to fludarabine and cyclophosphamide for treatment of chronic lymphocytic leukemia in Ukraine. Cancer Management and Research, 279-279.
- Economic value of in vitro fertilization in Ukraine, Belarus, and Kazakhstan. ClinicoEconomics and Outcomes Research, 347-347.
- Impact of hypoglycemia on daily life of type 2 diabetes patients in Ukraine. Journal of Multidisciplinary Healthcare, 249-249.
- Critical Appraisal of Systematic Reviews with Costs and Cost-effectiveness Outcomes: an ISPOR Good Practices Task Force Report. Value in Health.
- The costs and benefits of risk-stratification for colorectal cancer screening based on phenotypic and genetic risk: a health economic analysis. Cancer Prevention Research, canprevres.0620.2020-canprevres.0620.2020.
- CALIBRATING NATURAL HISTORY OF CANCER MODELS IN THE PRESENCE OF DATA INCOMPATIBILITY; PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS. PharmacoEconomics.
Conference proceedings papers
- PCN103 How Much Price Component is Accounted for in State Drugs Purchase Decisions in Ukrainian Oncology?. Value in Health, Vol. 15(7) (pp A428-A428)
- PCN77 Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of Rituximab Use in Treatment of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia in Ukraine. Value in Health, Vol. 15(4) (pp A221-A221)
- PHP106 Priority Setting for Health Technology Assessment in Ukraine. Value in Health, Vol. 15(4) (pp A32-A32)
- PHP86 Analysis of Factors Influencing Drugs Prescription Decision Making in Ukraine. Value in Health, Vol. 15(4) (pp A28-A28)
- PCN57 Cost of Treatment of Multiple Myeloma in Ukraine. Value in Health, Vol. 14(7) (pp A444-A444)
- PCN49 THE RELATIONSHIP OF AGE AND SEX WITH COST OF TREATMENT FOR CHRONIC LYMPHOCYTIC LEUKEMIA IN UKRAINE. Value in Health, Vol. 14(3) (pp A163-A163)
- View this article in WRRO Calibration and Validation of the Microsimulation Model in Cancer of the Bowel (MiMiC-Bowel), an Individual Patient Simulation Model for Investigation of the Cost-effectiveness of Personalised Screening and Surveillance Strategies..