Cindy Cooper BSc. (Pharmacology & Physiology), Ph.D. (Neuropharmacology)
Director, Clinical Trials Research Unit/Professor of Health Services Research and Clinical Trials
Clinical Trials Research Unit, ScHARR
The University of Sheffield
30 Regent Street
Room: 2026, Regent Court
Tel: +44 (0)114 22 20743
Fax: +44 (0)114 22 20749
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Working pattern: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 8.30am to 4.30pm
Tel: +44 (0)114 2220867
Professor Cindy Cooper is Director of the University of Sheffield Clinical Trials Research Unit (CTRU) based at ScHARR. After graduating in Pharmacology and Physiology from the University of Manchester and completing a PhD in neuropharmacology at the University of Nottingham, she worked at Sheffield and West Yorkshire Health Authorities in clinical audit and health needs assessment. She joined ScHARR in 1996 to establish the North Trent Research Office, to provide support to local NHS organisations to develop research strategy and increase research income. She has been involved in health services research and clinical trials for over twenty years and has held the position of Professor of Health Services Research and Clinical Trials since January 2014.
Cindy established the CTRU in 2006. The focus of the CTRU is the design and implementation of clinical trials of complex health interventions including trials of investigational medicinal products and devices. The aim of the CTRU is to support and enhance academic health research in the University of Sheffield in collaboration with NHS investigators throughout South Yorkshire and to develop a portfolio of academic work and publications.
Cindy was Chair of the NIHR Yorkshire & Humber Regional Funding Committee for Research for Patient Benefit between 2009 and 2012 and is currently a member of the Programme Grant for Applied Research Committee. Her research interests include trials methodology (particularly relating to pilot trials and recruitment and retention), psycho-social aspects of long term conditions and evaluation of complex interventions particularly psychotherapeutic interventions.
- Trials methodology, particularly pilot (external and internal) and feasibility studies
- Psycho-social aspects of long term conditions
- Health technology evaluation
- Evaluation of psychotherapeutic interventions
- Public and patient involvement in research
Co-ordinator for the Randomised Controlled Trials in Health and Social Care module of the MSc in Clinical Research
My teaching interests lie in RCT methodology,and
Getting Funded for Research
I am interested in supervising research students in areas such as RCT methodology, evaluation of health technologies, particularly psychotherapeutic interventions and psychosocial aspects of chronic conditions.
- Director of the Clinical Trials Research Unit
- Chair of University Health Research Governance Committee 2011-
- Member of the NIHR CTU Directors Executive Group
- Trial Management Group member for Journeying through Dementia, CACTUS, ACUTE, ASPECT, I-Socialise and OPTION DM trials
- Member of the York Trials Unit Strategic Advisory Group
- Member of the Programme Grant for Applied Research Committee
- CACTUS (Clinical and cost effectiveness of aphasia computer therapy compared with usual stimulation or attention control long term post stroke. HTA 2013-2018. £1.7 million.
- Optimal Pathway for TreatIng neurOpathic paiN in Diabetes Mellitus (OPTION-DM) trial. HTA Project: 15/35/03. £2.9 million 01/06/2016 to: 31/08/2019 .
- The ACUTE (Ambulance CPAP: Use, Treatment effect and Economics) feasibility study: A pilot randomised controlled trial of prehospital CPAP for acute respiratory failure. HTA: 15/08/40, 2016-1019. £378,285
- ASPECT A non inferiority randomised controlled trial comparing the clinical and cost effectiveness of single session treatment with multi-session CBT in children with specific phobias. HTA 15/38/04 . 2016-2020.£1.4 million
- NIHR CTU Support Funding £350,000 per annum
- Journeying through Dementia is a large-scale research study that aims to find out whether attending a 12-week community programme has a positive impact on the quality of life for people who are living with the early stages of dementia.
- The COMMEND project (NIHR HTA 16/81/010) includes two phases. Phase 1 will adapt ACT for people with MND and test the acceptability and feasibility of the adapted ACT intervention and whether it is possible to conduct a larger study.
- High CALS
- MSS 3
Please click here for a full list of Cindy Cooper's publications.
- Hobson EV, Baird WO, Partridge R, Cooper CL, Mawson S, Quinn A, Shaw PJ, Walsh T, Wolstenholme D & Mcdermott CJ (2018) The TiM system: developing a novel telehealth service to improve access to specialist care in motor neurone disease using user-centered design. Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and Frontotemporal Degeneration, 19(5-6), 351-361. View this article in WRRO
- Cooper CL, Whitehead A, Pottrill E, Julious SA & Walters SJ (2018) Are pilot trials useful for predicting randomisation and attrition rates in definitive studies: A review of publicly funded trials. Clinical Trials, 15(2), 189-196. View this article in WRRO
- Ablard S, Coates E, Cooper C, Parry G & Mason SM (2017) Can more appropriate support and services be provided for people who attend the emergency department frequently? National Health Service staff views. Emergency Medicine Journal. View this article in WRRO
- Griffiths PD, Bradburn M, Campbell MJ, Connolly DJA, Cooper CL, Jarvis D, Kilby MD, Mason G, Mooney C, Robson SC & Wailoo A (2017) Change in diagnostic confidence brought about by using in utero MRI for fetal structural brain pathology: Analysis of the MERIDIAN cohort. Clinical Radiology. View this article in WRRO
- Griffiths PD, Bradburn M, Campbell MJ, Cooper CL, Graham R, Jarvis D, Kilby MD, Mason G, Mooney C, Robson SC & Wailoo A (2017) Use of MRI in the Diagnosis of Fetal Brain Abnormalities in Utero (MERIDIAN). Obstetrical & Gynecological Survey, 72(6), 323-325.
- Gilbody S, Brabyn S, Lovell K, Kessler D, Devlin T, Smith L, Araya R, Barkham M, Bower P, Cooper C, Knowles S, Littlewood E, Richards DA, Tallon D, White D, Worthy G & REEACT collaborative (2017) Telephone-supported computerised cognitive-behavioural therapy: REEACT-2 large-scale pragmatic randomised controlled trial.. The British Journal of Psychiatry. View this article in WRRO
- Heller S, White D, Lee E, Lawton J, Pollard D, Waugh N, Amiel S, Barnard K, Beckwith A, Brennan A, Campbell M, Cooper C, Dimairo M, Dixon S, Elliott J, Evans M, Green F, Hackney G, Hammond P, Hallowell N, Jaap A, Kennon B, Kirkham J, Lindsay R, Mansell P, Papaioannou D, Rankin D, Royle P, Smithson WH & Taylor C (2017) A cluster randomised trial, cost-effectiveness analysis and psychosocial evaluation of insulin pump therapy compared with multiple injections during flexible intensive insulin therapy for type 1 diabetes: the REPOSE Trial. Health Technology Assessment, 21(20), 1-278. View this article in WRRO
- Heller S, Amiel S, Campbell M, Choudhary P, Cooper C, Dimairo M, Elliott J, Hammond P, Lee E, Lindsay R, Waugh N & White D (2017) Relative effectiveness of insulin pump treatment over multiple daily injections and structured education during flexible intensive insulin treatment for type 1 diabetes: cluster randomised trial (REPOSE). BMJ, 356. View this article in WRRO
- Lawton J, White D, Rankin D, Elliott J, Taylor C, Cooper C, Heller S & Hallowell N (2017) Staff experiences of closing out a clinical trial involving withdrawal of treatment: qualitative study. Trials, 18. View this article in WRRO
- Avery KNL, Williamson PR, Gamble C, Francischetto EOC, Metcalfe C, Davidson P, Williams H, Blazeby JM, Blencowe N, Bugge C, Campbell M, Collinson M, Cooper C, Darbyshire J, Dimairo M, Doré C, Eldridge S, Farrin A, Foster N, Gilbody S, Goodacre S, Hampson L, Kolias AG, Lamb S, Lane A, Maguire L, Norrie J, Pickering R, Shorter G & Treweek S (2017) Informing efficient randomised controlled trials: Exploration of challenges in developing progression criteria for internal pilot studies. BMJ Open, 7(e013537). View this article in WRRO
- Julious SA, Horspool MJ, Davis S, Bradburn M, Norman P, Shephard N, Cooper CL, Smithson WH, Boote J, Elphick H, Loban A, Franklin M, Kua WS, May R, Campbell J, Williams R, Rex S & Bortolami O (2017) PLEASANT: Preventing and Lessening Exacerbations of Asthma in School-age children Associated with a New Term - a cluster randomised controlled trial and economic evaluation.. Health Technol Assess, 20(93), 1-154. View this article in WRRO
- Griffiths PD, Bradburn M, Campbell MJ, Cooper CL, Graham R, Jarvis D, Kilby MD, Mason G, Mooney C, Robson SC, Wailoo A & MERIDIAN collaborative group (2016) Use of MRI in the diagnosis of fetal brain abnormalities in utero (MERIDIAN): a multicentre, prospective cohort study. Lancet, 389(10068), 538-546. View this article in WRRO
- Brabyn S, Araya R, Barkham M, Bower P, Cooper C, Duarte A, Kessler D, Knowles S, Lovell K, Littlewood E, Mattock R, Palmer S, Pervin J, Richards D, Tallon D, White D, Walker S, Worthy G & Gilbody S (2016) The second Randomised Evaluation of the Effectiveness, cost-effectiveness and Acceptability of Computerised Therapy (REEACT-2) trial: does the provision of telephone support enhance the effectiveness of computer-delivered cognitive behaviour therapy? A randomised controlled trial.. Health Technol Assess, 20(89), 1-64. View this article in WRRO
- Peasgood T, Bhardwaj A, Biggs K, Brazier JE, Coghill D, Cooper CL, Daley D, De Silva C, Harpin V, Hodgkins P, Nadkarni A, Setyawan J & Sonuga-Barke EJS (2016) The impact of ADHD on the health and well-being of ADHD children and their siblings. European Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 25(11), 1217-1231. View this article in WRRO
- Thomas SA, Coates E, das Nair R, Lincoln NB, Cooper C, Palmer R, Walters SJ, Latimer NR, England TJ, Mandefield L, Chater T, Callaghan P & Drummond AER (2016) Behavioural Activation Therapy for Depression after Stroke (BEADS): a study protocol for a feasibility randomised controlled pilot trial of a psychological intervention for post-stroke depression. Pilot and Feasibility Studies, 2(1). View this article in WRRO
- Hind D, Kaklamanou D, Beever DA, Webster R, Lee E, Barkham M & Cooper C (2016) The assessment of depression in people with multiple sclerosis: a systematic review of psychometric validation studies. BMC Psychiatry, 16. View this article in WRRO
- McDermott CJ, Bradburn MJ, Maguire C, Cooper CL, Baird WO, Baxter SK, Cohen J, Cantrill H, Dixon S, Ackroyd R, Baudouin S, Bentley A, Berrisford R, Bianchi S, Bourke SC, Darlison R, Ealing J, Elliott M, Fitzgerald P, Galloway S, Hamdalla H, Hanemann CO, Hughes P, Imam I, Karat D, Leek R, Maynard N, Orrell RW, Sarela A, Stradling J, Talbot K, Taylor L, Turner M, Simonds AK, Williams T, Wedzicha W, Young C & Shaw PJ (2016) DiPALS: Diaphragm Pacing in patients with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis - a randomised controlled trial.. Health Technol Assess, 20(45), 1-186. View this article in WRRO
- Whitehead AL, Julious SA, Cooper CL & Campbell MJ (2016) Estimating the sample size for a pilot randomised trial to minimise the overall trial sample size for the external pilot and main trial for a continuous outcome variable. Statistical Methods in Medical Research, 25(3), 1057-1073. View this article in WRRO
- Hobson EV, baird W, cooper C, mawson S, shaw P & mcdermott C (2016) Using technology to improve access to specialist care in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: A systematic review. Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and Frontotemporal Degeneration, 17(5-6), 313-324. View this article in WRRO
- Lawton J, Kirkham J, Rankin D, White DA, Elliott J, Jaap A, Smithson WH, Heller S, Gianfrancesco C, Gordon V, Greaves L, Hudson S, Naylor V, Nisbet C, Taylor C, Towse K, Baillie J, Brown H, Callaby K, Davenport K, Donald S, Evans M, Faghahati L, Hartnell S, Housden A, Pabla KK, Ward C, Croxon N, Green F, Macdonald S, Mohammed M, Steel V, Valentine K, Young P, Boal A, Clerkin P, Doran L, Flynn J, Gibb E, Kennon B, Lindsay R, Peddie H, Quinn B, Shepherd J, Carling J, Collins A, Dinning L, Hammond P, Hare C, Lodge J, Ray S, Brown D, Farmer J, Amiel S, Beckwith A, Cox A, Cheyette C, Choudhary P, East L, Ellul J, Hunt K, Rogers H, Shaw K, Stothard B, Diamond L, Aniello L, Anderson D, Cockerell K, Heaney V, Hutchison A, Zammitt N, Gayna B, Bird G, Evans J, Gazis T, Maude N, Mansell P, Nunnick K, Spick D, Fenn L, Basarir H, Bradburn M, Brennan A, Campbell M, Carr L, Chater T, Cooper C, Dimairo M, Dixon S, Hackney G, Lee E, Papaioannou D, Pemberton K, Pollard D, Thokala P, Whatley E, Barnard K, Royle P, Waugh N & Thompson G (2016) Who gains clinical benefit from using insulin pump therapy? A qualitative study of the perceptions and views of health professionals involved in the Relative Effectiveness of Pumps over MDI and Structured Education (REPOSE) trial. Diabetic Medicine, 33(2), 243-251.
- Littlewood E, Duarte A, Hewitt C, Knowles S, Palmer S, Walker S, Andersen P, Araya R, Barkham M, Bower P, Brabyn S, Brierley G, Cooper C, Gask L, Kessler D, Lester H, Lovell K, Muhammad U, Parry G, Richards DA, Richardson R, Tallon D, Tharmanathan P, White D & Gilbody S (2015) A randomised controlled trial of computerised cognitive behaviour therapy for the treatment of depression in primary care: the Randomised Evaluation of the Effectiveness and Acceptability of Computerised Therapy (REEACT) trial. Health Technology Assessment, 19(101), 1-174. View this article in WRRO
- Everard ML, Hind D, Ugonna K, Freeman J, Bradburn M, Dixon S, Maguire C, Cantrill H, Alexander J, Lenney W, McNamara P, Elphick H, Chetcuti PA, Moya EF, Powell C, Garside JP, Chadha LK, Kurian M, Lehal RS, MacFarlane PI, Cooper CL & Cross E (2015) Saline in Acute Bronchiolitis RCT and Economic evaluation: hypertonic saline in acute bronchiolitis – randomised controlled trial and systematic review. Health Technology Assessment, 19(66), 1-130. View this article in WRRO
- Cooper CL, Hind D, Duncan R, Walters S, Lartey A, Lee E & Bradburn M (2015) A rapid review indicated higher recruitment rates in treatment trials than in prevention trials. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, 68(3), 347-354. View this article in WRRO
- Palmer R, Cooper C, Enderby P, Brady M, Julious S, Bowen A & Latimer N (2015) Clinical and cost effectiveness of computer treatment for aphasia post stroke (Big CACTUS): study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. Trials, 16(1). View this article in WRRO
- Stevely A, Dimairo M, Todd S, Julious SA, Nicholl J, Hind D & Cooper CL (2015) An Investigation of the Shortcomings of the CONSORT 2010 Statement for the Reporting of Group Sequential Randomised Controlled Trials: A Methodological Systematic Review. PLOS ONE, 10(11), e0141104-e0141104. View this article in WRRO
- (2015) Safety and efficacy of diaphragm pacing in patients with respiratory insufficiency due to amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (DiPALS): a multicentre, open-label, randomised controlled trial. The Lancet Neurology, 14(9), 883-892. View this article in WRRO
- Green MA, Subramanian SV, Strong M, Cooper CL, Loban A & Bissell P (2015) ‘Fish out of water’: a cross-sectional study on the interaction between social and neighbourhood effects on weight management behaviours. International Journal of Obesity, 39, 535-541. View this article in WRRO
- Wu M, Brazier JE, Kearns B, Relton C, Smith C & Cooper CL (2015) Examining the impact of 11 long-standing health conditions on health-related quality of life using the EQ-5D in a general population sample. European Journal of Health Economics, 16(2), 141-151. View this article in WRRO
- Everard ML, Hind D, Ugonna K, Freeman J, Bradburn M, Cooper CL, Cross E, Maguire C, Cantrill H, Alexander J & McNamara PS (2014) SABRE: a multicentre randomised control trial of nebulised hypertonic saline in infants hospitalised with acute bronchiolitis. Thorax, 69(12), 1105-1112. View this article in WRRO
- Hind D, Cotter J, Thake A, Bradburn M, Cooper C, Isaac C & House A (2014) Cognitive behavioural therapy for the treatment of depression in people with multiple sclerosis: a systematic review and meta-analysis.. BMC Psychiatry, 14, 5. View this article in WRRO
- Lawton J, Kirkham J, Rankin D, Barnard K, Cooper CL, Taylor C, Heller S & Elliott J (2014) Perceptions and experiences of using automated bolus advisors amongst people with type 1 diabetes: A longitudinal qualitative investigation. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice, 106(3), 443-450. View this article in WRRO
- Goodacre S, Bradburn M, Cohen J, Gray A, Benger J & Coats T (2014) Prediction of unsuccessful treatment in patients with severe acute asthma. Emergency Medicine Journal, 31(e1), e40-e45.
- White D, Waugh N, Elliott J, Lawton J, Barnard K, Campbell MJ, Dixon S & Heller S (2014) The Relative Effectiveness of Pumps Over MDI and Structured Education (REPOSE): study protocol for a cluster randomised controlled trial. BMJ Open, 4(9), e006204-e006204. View this article in WRRO
- Cooper C, O'Cathain A, Hind D, Adamson J, Lawton J & Baird W (2014) Conducting qualitative research within Clinical Trials Units: avoiding potential pitfalls.. Contemp Clin Trials, 38(2), 338-343. View this article in WRRO
- Mountain GA, Hind D, Gossage-Worrall R, Walters SJ, Duncan R, Newbould L, Rex S, Jones C, Bowling A, Cattan M, Cairns A, Cooper C, Edwards RT & Goyder EC (2014) 'Putting Life in Years' (PLINY) telephone friendship groups research study: pilot randomised controlled trial.. Trials, 15, 141. View this article in WRRO
- Goyder E, Hind D, Breckon J, Dimairo M, Minton J, Everson-Hock E, Read S, Copeland R, Crank H, Horspool K, Humphreys L, Hutchison A, Kesterton S, Latimer N, Scott E, Swaile P, Walters SJ, Wood R, Collins K & Cooper C (2014) A randomised controlled trial and cost-effectiveness evaluation of 'booster' interventions to sustain increases in physical activity in middle-aged adults in deprived urban neighbourhoods.. Health Technol Assess, 18(13), 1-210.
- Thompson J, Bissell P, Cooper CL, Armitage CJ & Barber R (2014) Exploring the impact of patient and public involvement in a cancer research setting.. Qual Health Res, 24(1), 46-54. View this article in WRRO
- Sprange K, Mountain GA, Brazier J, Cook SP, Craig C, Hind D, Walters SJ, Windle G, Woods R, Keetharuth AD, Chater T & Horner K (2013) Lifestyle Matters for maintenance of health and wellbeing in people aged 65 years and over: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial.. Trials, 14, 302. View this article in WRRO
- Horspool MJ, Julious SA, Boote J, Bradburn MJ, Cooper CL, Davis S, Elphick H, Norman P, Smithson WH & vanStaa T (2013) Preventing and lessening exacerbations of asthma in school-age children associated with a new term (PLEASANT): Study protocol for a cluster randomised control trial. Trials, 14(1). View this article in WRRO
- Thompson J, Bissell P, Cooper C, Armitage CJ & Barber R (2012) Credibility and the 'professionalized' lay expert: reflections on the dilemmas and opportunities of public involvement in health research.. Health (London), 16(6), 602-618. View this article in WRRO
- Palmer R, Enderby P, Cooper C, Latimer N, Julious S, Paterson G, Dimairo M, Dixon S, Mortley J, Hilton R, Delaney A & Hughes H (2012) Computer therapy compared with usual care for people with long-standing aphasia poststroke: a pilot randomized controlled trial.. Stroke, 43(7), 1904-1911.
- Croot E, Grant G, Mathers N & Cooper C (2012) Coping strategies used by Pakistani parents living in the United Kingdom and caring for a severely disabled child.. Disabil Rehabil, 34(18), 1540-1549.
- McDermott CJ, Maguire C, Cooper CL, Ackroyd R, Baird WO, Baudouin S, Bentley A, Bianchi S, Bourke S, Bradburn MJ, Dixon S, Ealing J, Galloway S, Karat D, Maynard N, Morrison K, Mustfa N, Stradling J, Talbot K, Williams T & Shaw PJ (2012) Protocol for diaphragm pacing in patients with respiratory muscle weakness due to motor neurone disease (DiPALS): a randomised controlled trial.. BMC Neurol, 12, 74. View this article in WRRO
- Parry GD, Cooper CL, Moore JM, Yadegarfar G, Campbell MJ, Esmonde L, Morice AH & Hutchcroft BJ (2012) Cognitive behavioural intervention for adults with anxiety complications of asthma: prospective randomised trial.. Respir Med, 106(6), 802-810.
- Collinson P, Goodacre S, Gaze D, Gray A & RATPAC Research Team (2012) Very early diagnosis of chest pain by point-of-care testing: comparison of the diagnostic efficiency of a panel of cardiac biomarkers compared with troponin measurement alone in the RATPAC trial.. Heart, 98(4), 312-318.
- Bradburn M, Goodacre SW, Fitzgerald P, Coats T, Gray A, Hassan T, Humphrey J, Kendall J, Smith J, Collinson P & RATPAC Research Team (2012) Interhospital variation in the RATPAC trial (Randomised Assessment of Treatment using Panel Assay of Cardiac markers).. Emerg Med J, 29(3), 233-238.
- Cooper CL, Hind D, Parry GD, Isaac CL, Dimairo M, O'Cathain A, Rose A, Freeman JV, Martin L, Kaltenthaler EC, Thake A & Sharrack B (2011) Computerised cognitive behavioural therapy for the treatment of depression in people with multiple sclerosis: external pilot trial.. Trials, 12, 259. View this article in WRRO
- Parker SG, Oliver P, Pennington M, Bond J, Jagger C, Enderby P, Curless R, Vanoli A, Fryer K, Julious S, John A, Chater T, Cooper C & Dyer C (2011) Rehabilitation of older patients: day hospital compared with rehabilitation at home. Clinical outcomes. AGE AGEING, 40(5), 557-562.
- Fitzgerald P, Goodacre SW, Cross E & Dixon S (2011) Cost-effectiveness of point-of-care biomarker assessment for suspected myocardial infarction: the randomized assessment of treatment using panel Assay of cardiac markers (RATPAC) trial.. Acad Emerg Med, 18(5), 488-495.
- Scott EJ, Dimairo M, Hind D, Goyder E, Copeland RJ, Breckon JD, Crank H, Walters SJ, Loban A & Cooper CL (2011) "Booster" interventions to sustain increases in physical activity in middle-aged adults in deprived urban neighbourhoods: internal pilot and feasibility study.. BMC Public Health, 11, 129. View this article in WRRO
- Relton C, Bissell P, Smith C, Blackburn J, Cooper CL, Nicholl J, Tod A, Copeland R, Loban A, Chater T, Thomas K, Young T, Weir C, Harrison G, Millbourn A & Manners R (2011) South Yorkshire Cohort: a 'cohort trials facility' study of health and weight - protocol for the recruitment phase.. BMC Public Health, 11, 640. View this article in WRRO
- Barber R, Boote J, Parry G, Cooper C, Yeeles P & Cook S (2011) Can the impact of public involvement on research be evaluated? A mixed methods study. Health Expectations.
- Goodacre SW, Bradburn M, Cross E, Collinson P, Gray A, Hall AS & RATPAC Research Team (2011) The Randomised Assessment of Treatment using Panel Assay of Cardiac Markers (RATPAC) trial: a randomised controlled trial of point-of-care cardiac markers in the emergency department.. Heart, 97(3), 190-196.
- Ward PR, Thompson J, Barber R, Armitage CJ, Boote JD, Cooper CL & Jones GL (2010) Critical perspectives on 'consumer involvement' in health research Epistemological dissonance and the know-do gap. J SOCIOL, 46(1), 63-82. View this article in WRRO
- Menon D, McCabe CJ, Stafinski T, Edlin R & Behalf Signatories Consensus State (2010) Principles of Design of Access with Evidence Development Approaches A Consensus Statement from the Banff Summit. PHARMACOECONOMICS, 28(2), 109-111.
- McCabe CJ, Stafinski T, Edlin R, Menon D & Banff AED Summit (2010) Access with evidence development schemes: a framework for description and evaluation.. Pharmacoeconomics, 28(2), 143-152.
- McCabe C, Chilcott J, Claxton K, Tappenden P, Cooper C, Roberts J, Cooper N & Abrams K (2010) Continuing the multiple sclerosis risk sharing scheme is unjustified.. BMJ, 340, c1786.
- Hind D, Scott EJ, Copeland R, Breckon JD, Crank H, Walters SJ, Brazier JE, Nicholl J, Cooper C & Goyder E (2010) A randomised controlled trial and cost-effectiveness evaluation of "booster" interventions to sustain increases in physical activity in middle-aged adults in deprived urban neighbourhoods.. BMC Public Health, 10, 3. View this article in WRRO
- Arain M, Campbell MJ, Cooper CL & Lancaster GA (2010) What is a pilot or feasibility study? A review of current practice and editorial policy.. BMC Med Res Methodol, 10, 67. View this article in WRRO
- Hind D, O'Cathain A, Cooper CL, Parry GD, Isaac CL, Rose A, Martin L & Sharrack B (2010) The acceptability of computerised cognitive behavioural therapy for the treatment of depression in people with chronic physical disease: a qualitative study of people with multiple sclerosis.. Psychol Health, 25(6), 699-712.
- Peters J, Parry GD, Van Cleemput P, Moore J, Cooper CL & Walters SJ (2009) Health and use of health services: a comparison between Gypsies and Travellers and other ethnic groups.. Ethn Health, 14(4), 359-377.
- Thompson J, Barber R, Ward PR, Boote JD, Cooper CL, Armitage CJ & Jones G (2009) Health researchers' attitudes towards public involvement in health research.. Health Expect, 12(2), 209-220. View this article in WRRO
- Parker SG, Oliver P, Pennington M, Bond J, Jagger C, Enderby PM, Curless R, Chater T, Vanoli A, Fryer K, Cooper C, Julious S, Donaldson C, Dyer C, Wynn T, John A & Ross D (2009) Rehabilitation of older patients: day hospital compared with rehabilitation at home. A randomised controlled trial.. Health Technol Assess, 13(39), 1-iv.
- Pickin M, Cooper CL, Chater T, O'Hagan A, Abrams KR, Cooper NJ, Boggild M, Palace J, Ebers G, Chilcott JB, Tappenden P & Nicholl J (2009) The Multiple Sclerosis Risk Sharing Scheme Monitoring Study--early results and lessons for the future.. BMC Neurol, 9, 1. View this article in WRRO
- Croot EJ, Grant G, Cooper CL & Mathers N (2008) Perceptions of the causes of childhood disability among Pakistani families living in the UK.. Health Soc Care Community, 16(6), 606-613.
- Barber R, Boote JD & Cooper CL (2007) Involving consumers successfully in NHS research: a national survey.. Health Expect, 10(4), 380-391. View this article in WRRO
- Rashid S, Cooper C, Roberts J & Boggild M (2007) Multiple sclerosis and retention of employment: Experience within the risk sharing scheme. JOURNAL OF NEUROLOGY NEUROSURGERY AND PSYCHIATRY, 78(9), 1033-1033.
- Van Cleemput P, Parry G, Thomas K, Peters J & Cooper C (2007) Health-related beliefs and experiences of Gypsies and Travellers: a qualitative study.. J Epidemiol Community Health, 61(3), 205-210.
- Parry G, Van Cleemput P, Peters J, Walters S, Thomas K & Cooper C (2007) Health status of Gypsies and Travellers in England.. J Epidemiol Community Health, 61(3), 198-204.
- Cooper CL, Parry GD, Saul C, Morice AH, Hutchcroft BJ, Moore J & Esmonde L (2007) Anxiety and panic fear in adults with asthma: prevalence in primary care.. BMC Fam Pract, 8, 62. View this article in WRRO
- Boote J, Barber R & Cooper C (2006) Principles and indicators of successful consumer involvement in NHS research: results of a Delphi study and subgroup analysis.. Health Policy, 75(3), 280-297. View this article in WRRO
- Peters J, Parry G, Moore J, Van Cleemput P & Cooper C (2004) The health status of gypsy travellers in England. EUR J PUBLIC HEALTH, 14(4), 13-13.
- Telford R, Boote JD & Cooper CL (2004) What does it mean to involve consumers successfully in NHS research? A consensus study.. Health Expect, 7(3), 209-220. View this article in WRRO
- Boote J, Telford R & Cooper C (2002) Consumer involvement in health research: a review and research agenda.. Health Policy, 61(2), 213-236. View this article in WRRO
- Jiwa M, Walters S & Cooper C (2002) Quality of referrals to gynaecologists: Towards consensus. Journal of Clinical Governance, 10(4), 177-181.
- Telford R, Beverley CA, Cooper CL & Boote JD (2002) Consumer involvement in health research: Fact or fiction?. British Journal of Clinical Governance, 7(2), 92-103. View this article in WRRO
- Cooper CL, Marsden CA & Bennett GW (1987) Measurement of catecholamines, indoleamines, thyrotrophin releasing hormone and substance P in rat and human spinal cord using a common extraction method.. J Neurosci Methods, 22(1), 31-39.
- Gilbody S, Littlewood E, Hewitt C, Brierley G, Tharmanathan P, Araya R, Barkham M, Bower P, Cooper C, Gask L, Kessler D, Lester H, Lovell K, Parry G, Richards DA, Andersen P, Brabyn S, Knowles S, Shepherd C, Tallon D & White D () Computerised cognitive behaviour therapy (cCBT) as treatment for depression in primary care (REEACT trial): large scale pragmatic randomised controlled trial. BMJ, h5627-h5627. View this article in WRRO
Conference proceedings papers
- Harrison M, Palmer R & Cooper C (2017) Identifying barriers and enablers of adherence to self-directed aphasia computer therapy: a patient and carer perspective. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF STROKE, Vol. 12 (pp 23-23)
- Thomas SA, Drummond A, Lincoln NB, Palmer R, dasnair R, Latimer N, Hackney G, Hatton R, Walters S, Mandefield L, Cooper C, Chater T, Callaghan P, England TJ, Coates L, Sutherland K & Eshtan S (2017) Behavioural activation therapy for depression after stroke (BEADS): a feasibility randomised controlled pilot trial of a psychological intervention for post-stroke depression. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF STROKE, Vol. 12 (pp 15-15)
- Dimairo M, Stevely A, Todd S, Julious S, Nicholl J, Hind D & Cooper C (2015) Investigation of the shortcomings of the consort 2010 statement for the reporting of group sequential randomised controlled trials. 3rd International Clinical Trials Methodology Conference, Vol. 16(Supp 2) (pp 71-71). Glasgow, UK, 16 November 2015 - 17 November 2015. View this article in WRRO
- Dimairo M, Stevely A, Julious S, Todd S, Cooper C, Hind D & Nicholl J (2015) Differential reporting of group sequential RCTs: shortcomings ofthe CONSORT 2010 statement. CPS 11: Group Sequential Methods and Interim Analysis. ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA, USA, 17 May 2015 - 20 May 2015.
- Hind D, Roberts C, Sprange K, Gossage-Worrall R, Cooper C & Walters S (2013) Methodological, planning and implementation challenges for rcts evaluating group interventions. 2nd Clinical Trials Methodology Conference: Methodology Matters, Vol. 14. Edinburgh, UK, 18 November 2013 - 19 November 2013.
- Rose A, Cooper CL, Hind D, O'Cathain A, Parry GD, Martin L, Issac CL & Sharrack B (2008) How appropriate is cognitive behavioural therapy computer software for the treatment of depression in people with multiple sclerosis?. MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS JOURNAL, Vol. 14 (pp S263-S264)
- Cooper CL, Hind D, O'Cathain A, Parry GD, Isaac CL, Rose A & Sharrack B (2008) The acceptability of cognitive behavioural therapy software for the treatment of depression in people with multiple sclerosis. J EPIDEMIOL COMMUN H, Vol. 62 (pp A12-A13)
- Cooper C, Palace J, Pickin M, Boggild M, Nichol J & Monitoring Study Consortium (2004) The multiple sclerosis monitoring study: Progress to date. JOURNAL OF NEUROLOGY NEUROSURGERY AND PSYCHIATRY, Vol. 75(8) (pp 1214-1214)