Diana Papaioannou [BChD, MSc]
CTRU Assistant Director
Clinical Trials Research Unit
The University of Sheffield
30 Regent Street
Room: 2028, Regent Court
Telephone: +44 (0) 114 222 0766
Fax: +44 (0) 114 222 0870
I joined the CTRU in May 2011 as the Trial Co-ordinator for a multi-centre randomised controlled trial, REPOSE (The Relative Effectiveness of Pumps over MDI and Structured Education for Type-1 diabetes).
I currently assist investigators in the design and costing of the research process and oversee the CTRU’s input into funded studies. I also have oversight of the Quality Assurance activities for the Unit.
Prior to joining CTRU, I worked with ScHARR Technology Assessment Group from July 2006, where I worked as an Information Specialist and Systematic Reviewer undertaking health technology assessments for the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) and the NIHR Evaluation, Trials and Studies Coordinating Centre (NETSCC).
My research interests are in the following areas:
- Clinical trial design
- Systematic reviews
- Controlled clinical trials
- Adverse event recording
- Clinical trials of Investigational Medicinal Products
- NIHR HTA-16/80/08- The MAGIC trial: Melatonin for Anxiety prior to General anaesthesia In Children (MAGIC)
- NIHR EME- 16/126/26- STAR-MS: Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation versus Alemtuzumab in Relapsing Remitting MS
- NIHR EME- 15/178/09- ASTIClite: Autologous Stem cell Transplantation In refractory Crohn’s disease – Low Intensity Therapy Evaluation
Please click here to view a full list of Diana Papaioannou's publications
I am based in the Design, Trials & Statistics Section
- Booth A, Papaioannou D & Sutton A (2012) Systematic Approaches to a Successful Literature Review. Sage Publications Limited. View this article in WRRO
- Papaioannou D, Brazier J & Paisley S (2013) Systematic searching and selection of health state utility values from the literature. Value in Health, 16(4), 686-695.
- Papaioannou D, Brazier J & Parry G (2013) How to measure quality of life for cost-effectiveness analyses of personality disorders: a systematic review.. J Pers Disord, 27(3), 383-401.
- Papaioannou D, Rafia R, Rathbone J, Stevenson M, Buckley Woods H & Stevens J (2012) Rituximab for the first-line treatment of stage III-IV follicular lymphoma (review of Technology Appraisal No. 110): a systematic review and economic evaluation.. Health Technol Assess, 16(37), 1-iv.
- Kaltenthaler E, Papaioannou D, Boland A & Dickson R (2011) The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence Single Technology Appraisal process: lessons from the first 4 years.. Value Health, 14(8), 1158-1165.
- Papaioannou D, Brazier J & Parry G (2011) How valid and responsive are generic health status measures, such as EQ-5D and SF-36, in schizophrenia? A systematic review.. Value Health, 14(6), 907-920.
- Papaioannou D, Rafia R, Stevenson MD, Stevens JW & Evans P (2011) Trabectedin for the treatment of relapsed ovarian cancer.. Health Technol Assess, 15 Suppl 1, 69-75.
- Carroll C, Papaioannou D, Rees A & Kaltenthaler E (2011) The clinical effectiveness and safety of prophylactic retinal interventions to reduce the risk of retinal detachment and subsequent vision loss in adults and children with Stickler syndrome: a systematic review.. Health Technol Assess, 15(16), iii-62.
- Papaioannou D, Cooper KL, Carroll C, Hind D, Squires H, Tappenden P & Logan RF (2011) Antioxidants in the chemoprevention of colorectal cancer and colorectal adenomas in the general population: a systematic review and meta-analysis.. Colorectal Dis, 13(10), 1085-1099.
- Papaioannou D, Sutton A, Carroll C, Booth A & Wong R (2010) Literature searching for social science systematic reviews: consideration of a range of search techniques. HEALTH INFO LIBR J, 27(2), 114-122.
- Cooper K, Squires H, Carroll C, Papaioannou D, Booth A, Logan RF, Maguire C, Hind D & Tappenden P (2010) Chemoprevention of colorectal cancer: systematic review and economic evaluation.. Health Technol Assess, 14(32), 1-206.
- Wilkinson A, Papaioannou D, Keen C & Booth A (2009) The role of the information specialist in supporting knowledge transfer: a public health information case study.. Health Info Libr J, 26(2), 118-125.
- Brazier J, Papaioannou D, Cantrell A, Paisley S & Herrmann K (2010) Identifying and reviewing health state utility values for populating decision models In Shemilt I, Mugford M, Vale L, Donaldson C & Marsh K (Ed.), Evidence-Based Decisions and Economics: Health Care, Social Welfare, Education and Criminal Justice (pp. 93-105). Wiley-Blackwell
Conference proceedings papers
- Papaioannou D, Peasgood T, Brazier J & Parry G (2011) THE VALIDITY OF THE EQ-5D, SF-6D, SF-36 AND SF-12 IN MENTAL HEALTH CONDITIONS: A SYSTEMATIC REVIEW. VALUE IN HEALTH, Vol. 14(7) (pp A239-A239)