Mike Bradburn MSc
Senior Medical Statistician
Clinical Trials Research Unit
University of Sheffield
30 Regent Street
Tel: +44 (0)114 22 20706
Fax: +44 (0)114 22 20870
email : email@example.com
I joined the CTRU in 2007, having previously worked as a statistician at Cancer Research UK and PAREXEL International. My role is to provide statistical/generalist input to the CTRU portfolio of clinical trials.
Mr primary interest is the implementation of Good Clinical Practice into NHS/academic funded clinical trials. My main areas of methodological interest are meta-analysis and survival analysis.
- Reviewer for various journals and funding bodies;
- Trial Steering Committee member for five studies, Data Monitoring & Ethics Committee member for a further three.
Ongoing and recent projects
I am currently involved in the following projects:
- ACUTE -- Ambulance CPAP: Use, Treatment effect and Economics
- ASTIClite -- Autologous Stem cell Transplantation in refractory Crohn's disease
- COMMEND -- COMmitment therapy for people with Motor nEuroN Disease
- MERIDIAN -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging to Enhance the Diagnosis of Fetal Developmental Brain Abnormalities in Utero
- OPTION-DM -- Optimal Pathway for Treating neuropathic paiN in Diabetes Mellitus
- Loban A, Mandefield L, Hind D & Bradburn M (2017) A randomized trial found online questionnaires supplemented by postal reminders generated a cost-effective and generalizable sample but don't forget the reminders. JOURNAL OF CLINICAL EPIDEMIOLOGY, 92, 116-125. View this article in WRRO
- Griffiths PD, Bradburn M, Campbell MJ, Cooper CL, Graham R, Jarvis D, Kilby MD, Mason G, Mooney C, Robson SC , Wailoo A et al (2016) Use of MRI in the diagnosis of fetal brain abnormalities in utero (MERIDIAN): a multicentre, prospective cohort study. Lancet, 389(10068), 538-546. View this article in WRRO
- Brown SR, Tiernan JP, Watson AJM, Biggs K, Shephard N, Wailoo AJ, Bradburn M, Alshreef A & Hind D (2016) Haemorrhoidal artery ligation versus rubber band ligation for the management of symptomatic second-degree and third-degree haemorrhoids (HubBLe): a multicentre, open-label, randomised controlled trial. The Lancet, 388(10042), 356-364. View this article in WRRO
- (2015) Safety and efficacy of diaphragm pacing in patients with respiratory insufficiency due to amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (DiPALS): a multicentre, open-label, randomised controlled trial. The Lancet Neurology, 14(9), 883-892. View this article in WRRO
- Goodacre S, Cohen J, Bradburn M, Gray A, Benger J & Coats T (2013) Intravenous or nebulised magnesium sulphate versus standard therapy for severe acute asthma (3Mg trial): A double-blind, randomised controlled trial. The Lancet Respiratory Medicine, 1(4), 293-300.
- Bradburn MJ, Deeks JJ, Berlin JA & Russell Localio A (2007) Much ado about nothing: a comparison of the performance of meta-analytical methods with rare events.. Stat Med, 26(1), 53-77.