Rebecca Simpson [B.S.c., M.Sc]
Research Associate in Medical Statistics
Design, Trials and Statistics (DTS)
School of Health and Related Research
30 Regent Street
Office: Room 3018 Regent Court
Tel: +44 (0) 114 2224390
I joined DTS in ScHARR as a Research Associate in June 2017. Prior to this post I was funded by the University of Sheffield as a PhD student, which was also in DTS. My thesis is titled ‘An Investigation into the Factors which Influence Children with Asthma having Unscheduled Medical Contacts at the Start of the New School Year’ and is a mixed methods study. This is done under the supervision of Prof. Steven Julious and Prof. Wendy Baird. I started my PhD in Oct 2014.
Before joining the University of Sheffield, I completed an M.Sc. in Statistics (2013-2014) and a B.Sc. in Mathematics with Statistics (2010-2013) both at Lancaster University.
• Emergency Care
• Asthma Epidemiology
• Mixed Methods
I am currently a tutor for the ScHARR module HAR6036: Statistics for the Health and Medical Sciences.
• Member of MDH Faculty Student Committee 2015 - 2016
• ScHARR PGR Student Representative 2015 - 2016
• Royal Statistics Society (RSS) member
• Society of Clinical Trials (SCT) member
Rebecca is part of Design, Trials and Statistics
- Bunn JG, Croft S, O'Keeffe C, Jacques R, Simpson RM, Stone T, Conroy SP & Mason S (2018) Urgent care axis for the older adult: where is best to target interventions?. Emergency medicine journal. View this article in WRRO
- Julious SA, Horspool MJ, Davis S, Franklin M, Smithson WH, Norman P, Simpson RM, Elphick H, Bortolami O & Cooper C (2018) Open-label, cluster randomised controlled trial and economic evaluation of a brief letter from a GP on unscheduled medical contacts associated with the start of the school year: the PLEASANT trial. BMJ Open, 8(4), e017367. View this article in WRRO