Mark Clowes BA (Hons) (Leeds), MSc (Sheffield), AHEA
The University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Sheffield, S1 4DA
Tel: (+44) (0)114 215 9125
Fax: (+44) (0)114 222 0749
I joined the information Resources Group, HEDS in April 2015 and my role is currently focused on information retrieval for systematic reviews.
After completing an MSc in Information Management at the University of Sheffield’s iSchool, I specialised as an academic liaison librarian supporting nursing and allied health; originally at the School of Nursing and Midwifery, before moving on to Sheffield Hallam University and the University of Leeds. In 2012 I completed a teaching qualification leading to accreditation as an Associate of the Higher Education Academy. I enjoy teaching and my role at ScHARR allows me to continue this alongside a greater involvement in research.
I am an advisor for JIBS and chair one of their enhancement groups working with Wolters Kluwer to develop their Ovid platform. I am also a member of the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals' Health Libraries Group.
Selected conference presentations
1. Clowes, Mark and Spoor, Pat (2012). Evolution of the health liaison librarian: from information literacy trainer to academic skills teacher [presentation]. 13th EAHIL Conference, Health Information Without Frontiers. Held on 4-6 July, Brussels, Belgium.
2. Clowes, Mark and Woods, Helen Buckley (2008). The INSIDE story: new solutions for current awareness [presentation] Health Libraries Group Conference, Impact and Influence: Evolving to Succeed. Held on 21-22 July, City Hall, Cardiff.
3. Clowes, Mark and Borg, Matthew (2008) Everyone’s a librarian now – the role of the information professional in the web 2.0 era. [presentation]. 16th BOBCATSSS symposium, Held on 28-30 January, Zadar, Croatia.
- Sutton A, Clowes M, Preston L & Booth A (2019) Meeting the review family: exploring review types and associated information retrieval requirements. Health Information & Libraries Journal, 36(3), 202-222.
- Black M, Barnes AJ, Baxter S, Beynon C, Clowes M, Dallat M, Davies A, Furber A, Goyder E, Jeffery C , Kritsotakis E et al (2019) Learning across the UK: A review of public health systems and policy approaches to early child development since political devolution. Journal of Public Health. View this article in WRRO
- Horner D, Pandor A, Goodacre S, Clowes M & Hunt BJ (2018) Individual risk factors predictive of venous thromboembolism in patients with temporary lower limb immobilisation due to injury: a systematic review.. Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis. View this article in WRRO
- Archer R, Hock E, Hamilton J, Stevens J, Essat M, Poku E, Clowes M, Pandor A & Stevenson M (2018) Assessing prognosis and prediction of treatment response in early rheumatoid arthritis: systematic reviews.. Health Technology Assessment, 22(66), 1-294. View this article in WRRO
- Campbell F, Lawton J, Rankin D, Clowes M, Coates E, Heller S, De Zoysa N, Elliott J & Breckenridge J (2018) Follow-Up Support for Effective type 1 Diabetes self-management (The FUSED Model): A systematic review and meta-ethnography of the barriers, facilitators and recommendations for sustaining self-management skills after attending a structured education programme. BMC Health Services Research, 18. View this article in WRRO
- Bermejo I, Stevenson M, Cooper K, Harnan S, Hamilton J, Clowes M, Carroll C, Harrison T & Saha S (2017) Mepolizumab for Treating Severe Eosinophilic Asthma: An Evidence Review Group Perspective of a NICE Single Technology Appraisal. Pharmacoeconomics. View this article in WRRO
- Tappenden P, Carroll C, Stevens JW, Rawdin A, Grimm S, Clowes M, Kaltenthaler E, Ingram JR, Collier F & Ghazavi M (2017) Adalimumab for Treating Moderate-to-Severe Hidradenitis Suppurativa: An Evidence Review Group Perspective of a NICE Single Technology Appraisal. PharmacoEconomics, 35(8), 805-815. View this article in WRRO
- Carroll C, Tappenden P, Rafia R, Hamilton J, Chambers D, Clowes M, Durrington P, Qureshi N & Wierzbicki AS (2017) Evolocumab for Treating Primary Hypercholesterolaemia and Mixed Dyslipidaemia: An Evidence Review Group Perspective of a NICE Single Technology Appraisal. PharmacoEconomics, 35(5), 537-547. View this article in WRRO
- Kearns B, Pandor A, Stevenson M, Hamilton J, Chambers D, Clowes M, Graham J & Kumar MS (2016) Cabazitaxel for Hormone-Relapsed Metastatic Prostate Cancer Previously Treated With a Docetaxel-Containing Regimen: An Evidence Review Group Perspective of a NICE Single Technology Appraisal. PharmacoEconomics, 35(4), 415-424. View this article in WRRO
- Baxter S, Clowes M, Muir D, Baird W, Broadway-Parkinson A & Bennett C (2016) Supporting public involvement in interview and other panels: a systematic review. Health Expectations. View this article in WRRO
- Campbell F, Biggs K, Aldiss SK, O'Neill PM, Clowes M, McDonagh J, While A & Gibson F (2016) Transition of care for adolescents from paediatric services to adult health services. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 2016(4). View this article in WRRO
- Jones GL, Vogt KS, Chambers D, Clowes M & Shrimpton A () What Is the Burden of Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Adult Patients With Primary Immunodeficiencies? A Systematic Review. Frontiers in Immunology, 9. View this article in WRRO