Mark Clowes BA (Hons) (Leeds), MSc (Sheffield), AHEA
The University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Sheffield, S1 4DA
Tel: (+44) (0)114 215 9125
Fax: (+44) (0)114 222 0749
I joined the information Resources Group, HEDS in April 2015 and my role is currently focused on information retrieval for systematic reviews.
After completing an MSc in Information Management at the University of Sheffield’s iSchool, I specialised as an academic liaison librarian supporting nursing and allied health; originally at the School of Nursing and Midwifery, before moving on to Sheffield Hallam University and the University of Leeds. In 2012 I completed a teaching qualification leading to accreditation as an Associate of the Higher Education Academy. I enjoy teaching and my role at ScHARR allows me to continue this alongside a greater involvement in research.
I am an advisor for JIBS and chair one of their enhancement groups working with Wolters Kluwer to develop their Ovid platform. I am also a member of the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals' Health Libraries Group.
Selected conference presentations
1. Clowes, Mark and Spoor, Pat (2012). Evolution of the health liaison librarian: from information literacy trainer to academic skills teacher [presentation]. 13th EAHIL Conference, Health Information Without Frontiers. Held on 4-6 July, Brussels, Belgium.
2. Clowes, Mark and Woods, Helen Buckley (2008). The INSIDE story: new solutions for current awareness [presentation] Health Libraries Group Conference, Impact and Influence: Evolving to Succeed. Held on 21-22 July, City Hall, Cardiff.
3. Clowes, Mark and Borg, Matthew (2008) Everyone’s a librarian now – the role of the information professional in the web 2.0 era. [presentation]. 16th BOBCATSSS symposium, Held on 28-30 January, Zadar, Croatia.
- Kearns B, Pandor A, Stevenson M, Hamilton J, Chambers D, Clowes M, Graham J & Kumar MS (2016) Cabazitaxel for Hormone-Relapsed Metastatic Prostate Cancer Previously Treated With a Docetaxel-Containing Regimen: An Evidence Review Group Perspective of a NICE Single Technology Appraisal.. Pharmacoeconomics. View this article in WRRO
- Baxter S, Clowes M, Muir D, Baird W, Broadway-Parkinson A & Bennett C (2016) Supporting public involvement in interview and other panels: a systematic review. Health Expectations. View this article in WRRO
- Campbell F, Biggs C, Aldiss SK, O'Neill PM, Clowes M, McDonagh J, While A & Gibson F (2016) Interventions to improve the care of adolescents with long term health conditions as they transfer from child to adult health services. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. View this article in WRRO
- Carroll C, Tappenden P, Rafia R, Hamilton J, Chambers D, Clowes M, Durrington P, Qureshi N & Wierzbicki AS (2016) Evolocumab for Treating Primary Hypercholesterolaemia and Mixed Dyslipidaemia: An Evidence Review Group Perspective of a NICE Single Technology Appraisal. PharmacoEconomics, 35(5), 537-547.
- Campbell F, Biggs K, Aldiss SK, O'Neill PM, Clowes M, Mcdonagh J, While A & Gibson F (2016) Transition of care for adolescents from paediatric services to adult health services. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 2016(4). View this article in WRRO