Dr Anju Devianee Keetharuth BA, MA, MBA, PhD (Sheffield)
University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Sheffield, S1 4DA
Tel: (+44) (0)114 222 0884(+44) (0)114 222 0884
Fax: (+44) (0)114 222 0749
I joined HEDS as a health economist in November 2010. After my doctorate in development economics, I worked as a trade policy adviser at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and External Trade in Fiji (Overseas Development Institute Fellow). I then worked as an Economic Affairs Officer researching foreign direct investment at the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD). I have also been teaching economics at the University of Sheffield. Prior to joining HEDS, I was employed as an Economic Adviser at the Department of Health in the Choice Analysis and Patient Reported Outcomes Measures (PROMs) team.
I deliver lectures and tutorials on the MSc Health Economics and Decision Modelling. I am the module leader for HAR 694: Valuing the Benefits of Health Care. I also supervise MSc dissertation projects. I am the course director for the short courses in Psychometrics.
My research interests include outcome measurement, psychometrics, economic evaluation and current health policy analysis including PROMs. I am also interested in economic evaluation of mental health policies and community services.
Policy Research Unit in Economic Evaluation of Health and Care Interventions (EEPRU)
CI: John Brazier. (Funding body: DoH; 2011/18)
- Recovering Quality of Life (ReQoL): Development of a brief generic measure for use with mental health populations. Click here for more details.
Efficiency, cost and quality of mental healthcare provision (EMHeP)
CI: Rowena Jacobs, University of York Funding body: Health Foundation. For more details, click here
Placement Fellowship financed by ESRC/MRC/CLAHRC/NIHR. During this placement (February - August 2013), I was based at the Sheffield Health and Social Care Trust working on the use of PROMs in clinical and managerial decision-making. A copy of my end of award report can be found here.
- Grundy A, Keetharuth D, Barber R, Carlton J, Connell J, Taylor Buck E, Barkham M, Ricketts T, Robotham D, Rose D , Kay J et al (2019) Public Involvement in health outcomes research: lessons learnt from the development of the Recovering Quality of Life (ReQoL) measures.. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes, 17. View this article in WRRO
- Keetharuth D, Bjorner JB, Barkham M, Browne J, Croudace T & Brazier J (2018) Exploring the item sets of the Recovering Quality of Life (ReQoL) measures using factor analysis. Quality of Life Research. View this article in WRRO
- Keetharuth D, Taylor Buck E, Acquadro C, Conway K, Connell J, Barkham M, Carlton J, Ricketts TN, Barber R & Brazier JE (2018) Integrating Qualitative and Quantitative Data in the Development of Outcome Measures: The Case of the Recovering Quality of Life (ReQoL) Measures in Mental Health Populations. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 15(7), 1342-1342. View this article in WRRO
- Keetharuth D, Brazier J, Connell J, Bjorner J, Carlton J, Taylor Buck E, Ricketts T, McKendrick K, Browne J, Croudace T & Barkham M (2018) Recovering Quality of Life (ReQoL): a new generic self-reported outcome measure for use with people experiencing mental health difficulties. The British journal of psychiatry : the journal of mental science, 212(1), 42-49. View this article in WRRO
- Mukuria C, Young T, Keetharuth A, Borghs S & Brazier J (2017) Sensitivity and responsiveness of the EQ-5D-3L in patients with uncontrolled focal seizures: an analysis of Phase III trials of adjunctive brivaracetam. Quality of Life Research, 26(3), 749-759. View this article in WRRO
- Mountain G, Windle G, Hind D, Walters S, Keertharuth A, Chatters R, Sprange K, Craig C, Cook S, Lee E , Woods R et al (2017) A preventative lifestyle intervention for older adults (lifestyle matters): a randomised controlled trial. Age And Ageing, 46, 627-634. View this article in WRRO
- Duncan R, Essat M, Jones G, Booth A, Woods H, Poku E, Kaltenthaler E, Keetharuth D, Palfreyman S & Michaels J (2017) Systematic review and qualitative evidence synthesis of patient-reported outcome measures for abdominal aortic aneurysm. British Journal of Surgery, 104(4), 317-327. View this article in WRRO
- Poku E, Duncan R, Keetharuth A, Essat M, Phillips P, Woods HB, Palfreyman S, Jones G, Kaltenthaler E & Michaels J (2016) Patient-reported outcome measures in patients with peripheral arterial disease: a systematic review of psychometric properties.. Health Qual Life Outcomes, 14(1), 161-161. View this article in WRRO
- Rowen D, Brazier J, Mukuria C, Keetharuth A, Risa Hole A, Tsuchiya A, Whyte S & Shackley P (2016) Eliciting Societal Preferences for Weighting QALYs for Burden of Illness and End of Life. Medical Decision Making, 36(2), 210-222.
- Rowen D, Brazier J, Keetharuth A, Tsuchiya A & Mukuria C (2016) Comparison of Modes of Administration and Alternative Formats for Eliciting Societal Preferences for Burden of Illness. Applied Health Economics and Health Policy, 14(1), 89-104. View this article in WRRO
- Ara R, Basarir H, Keetharuth AD, Barbieri M, Weatherly HLA, Sculpher MJS, Ahmed H & Brown S (2014) Are policy decisions on surgical procedures informed by robust economic evidence? A systematic review. International Journal of Technology Assessment in Health Care, 30(4), 381-393. View this article in WRRO
- Longworth L, Yang Y, Young T, Mulhern B, Hernández Alava M, Mukuria C, Rowen D, Tosh J, Tsuchiya A, Evans P , Devianee Keetharuth A et al (2014) Use of generic and condition-specific measures of health-related quality of life in NICE decision-making: a systematic review, statistical modelling and survey.. Health Technology Assessment, 18(9), 1-224. View this article in WRRO
- Roberts J, Lenton P, Keetharuth D & Brazier JE (2014) Quality of life impact of mental health conditions in England: results from the adult psychiatric morbidity surveys. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes, 12(6). View this article in WRRO
- Sprange K, Mountain GA, Brazier J, Cook SP, Craig C, Hind D, Walters SJ, Windle G, Woods R, Keetharuth AD , Chater T et al (2013) Lifestyle Matters for maintenance of health and wellbeing in people aged 65 years and over: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. Trials, 14(1), 302. View this article in WRRO
Conference proceedings papers
- Brazier J, Keetharuth A, Connell J, Barkham M, Carlton J, Ricketts T & Taylor-Buck L (2016) PMH48 Constructing Classification System For A New Qaly Measure In Mental Health: Recovering Quality Of Life (Reqol). Value in Health, Vol. 19(3) (pp a190) View this article in WRRO
- Rowen D, Brazier JE, Keetharuth A, Tsuchiya A, Robinson A & Mukuria C (2014) Comparison of an online survey and face-to-face interviews for eliciting societal preferences. QUALITY OF LIFE RESEARCH, Vol. 23 (pp 49-49)
- Keetharuth A, Brazier J, Gibbons E, Ricketts T, Khan M, Connell J & Barkham M (2014) PROMs in Secondary Mental Health Services in the UK: a Feasibility Study and Lessons Learnt. JOURNAL OF MENTAL HEALTH POLICY AND ECONOMICS, Vol. 17 (pp S10-S10)