Abdullah Pandor BSc Hons. (Oxford Brookes), MSc (Aberdeen)
Senior Research Fellow
University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Sheffield, S1 4DA
Tel: (+44) (0)114 222 0778
Fax: (+44) (0)114 222 0749
I am a Senior Research Fellow in systematic reviewing at ScHARR, University of Sheffield. I have undertaken numerous evaluations on the clinical effectiveness of a wide range healthcare technologies for the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Health Technology Assessment Programme and other research funding bodies for over 15 years. I have also been involved with the NICE Decision Support Unit.
In 2017, I was appointed as the Director of ScHARR-TAG Reviews, an academic group that is involved in the production of evidence reports to support health policy decision making by NICE and other national bodies. In addition, I am currently the Head for the systematic reviewers in the Health Economics Decision Science section in ScHARR.
My research interests are:
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of evidence for clinical effectiveness
- Selecting rapid review methods
- Application and development of methods for the systematic review and synthesis of diagnostic and prognostic evaluations
- Review techniques for individual patient data and mixed treatment comparisons
My teaching interests include systematic reviews and meta-analysis methods and critical appraisal techniques.
I am currently a Deputy module coordinator (module leader between 2011-2015) for the Study Design and Systematic Review Methods module on the MSc Health Economics and Decision Modelling course. I supervise Master's level dissertation students on a range of systematic review topics and teach on ScHARR’s short and bespoke training courses on systematic reviewing.
- Member of the NICE Medical Technologies Advisory Committee (MTAC)
- Member of the NIHR Systematic Review Fellowships - Review Panel
- Member of the Equality Challenge Unit Athena Swan Panel
I am currently working on the following projects:
- Pre-hospital Major Trauma Triage in the Elderly - A Systematic Review (part of the Major Trauma Triage Tool Study funded by the National Institute for Health Research Health Technology Assessment Programme)
- Thromboprophylaxis for lower limb immobilisation (TiLLI): Systematic review and economic evaluation (funded by the National Institute for Health Research Health Technology Assessment Programme)
- Davis S, Goodacre S, Pandor A, Horner D, Stevens JW, Wit K & Hunt BJ (2019) Decision‐analysis modelling of the effects of thromboprophylaxis for people with lower limb immobilisation for injury. British Journal of Haematology, 186(1), 166-168. View this article in WRRO
- Horner D, Pandor A, Goodacre S, Clowes M & Hunt BJ (2018) Individual risk factors predictive of venous thromboembolism in patients with temporary lower limb immobilisation due to injury: a systematic review.. Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis. View this article in WRRO
- Scope A, Essat M, Pandor A, Rafia R, Ward S, Wyld L, Cross S & Woods H (2017) Gene expression profiling and expanded immunohistochemistry tests to guide selection of chemotherapy regimens in breast cancer management: a systematic review.. International Journal of Technology Assessment in Health Care, 33(1), 32-45. View this article in WRRO
- Kaltenthaler E, Cooper K, Pandor A, Martyn-St James M, Chatters R & Wong R (2016) The use of rapid review methods in health technology assessments: 3 case studies. BMC Medical Research Methodology, 16(1). View this article in WRRO
- Stevenson M, Pandor A, Martyn-St James M, Rafia R, Uttley L, Stevens J, Sanderson J, Wong R, Perkins GD, McMullan R & Dark P (2016) Sepsis: the LightCycler SeptiFast Test MGRADE®, SepsiTest™ and IRIDICA BAC BSI assay for rapidly identifying bloodstream bacteria and fungi - a systematic review and economic evaluation.. Health Technol Assess, 20(46), 1-246. View this article in WRRO
- Pandor A, Kaltenthaler E, Higgins A, Lorimer K, Smith S, Wylie K & Wong R (2015) Sexual health risk reduction interventions for people with severe mental illness: a systematic review. BMC Public Health, 15(1).
- Pandor A, Gomersall T, Stevens JW, Wang J, Al-Mohammad A, Bakhai A, Cleland JGF, Cowie MR & Wong R (2013) Remote monitoring after recent hospital discharge in patients with heart failure: A systematic review and network meta-analysis. Heart, 99(23), 1717-1726.
- Pandor A, Harnan S, Goodacre S, Pickering A, Fitzgerald P & Rees A (2012) Diagnostic accuracy of clinical characteristics for identifying CT abnormality after minor brain injury: a systematic review and meta-analysis.. J Neurotrauma, 29(5), 707-718.
- Pandor A, Goodacre S, Harnan S, Holmes M, Pickering A, Fitzgerald P, Rees A & Stevenson M (2011) Diagnostic management strategies for adults and children with minor head injury: a systematic review and an economic evaluation.. Health Technol Assess, 15(27), 1-202.
- Ward S, Lloyd Jones M, Pandor A, Holmes M, Ara R, Ryan A, Yeo W & Payne N (2007) A systematic review and economic evaluation of statins for the prevention of coronary events.. Health Technol Assess, 11(14), 1-iv.
- Pandor A, Eastham J, Beverley C, Chilcott J & Paisley S (2004) Clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of neonatal screening for inborn errors of metabolism using tandem mass spectrometry: a systematic review. HEALTH TECHNOL ASSES, 8(12), 1-+.
- Pandor A, Thokala P, Goodacre S, Poku E, Stevens JW, Ren S, Cantrell A, Perkins GD, Ward M & Penn-Ashman J () Pre-hospital non-invasive ventilation for acute respiratory failure: a systematic review and cost-effectiveness evaluation. Health Technology Assessment, 19(42), 1-102. View this article in WRRO