Dr Emma Simpson BSc, PhD
University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Sheffield, S1 4DA
Tel: (+44) (0)114 222 0708
Fax: (+44) (0)114 222 0749
I am a member of ScHARR-TAG. I have a PhD in psychology, and a background in health services research.
Research interests include mental health, arthritis, cardiovascular disease and oncology. I specialise in systematic reviews of clinical effectiveness, with an interest in systematic reviewing methodology.
I have recently worked on a number of projects for the Health Technology Assessment Programme, and for the National Institute of Health and Care Excellence. Topics include rheumatoid arthritis, cardiovascular disease and oncology.
- Adalimumab, etanercept, infliximab, certolizumab pegol, golimumab, tocilizumab and abatacept for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis not previously treated with disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs and after the failure of conventional disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs only: systematic review and economic evaluation. Health Technology Assessment, 20(35), 1-610. View this article in WRRO
- Sipuleucel-T for the Treatment of Metastatic Hormone-Relapsed Prostate Cancer: A NICE Single Technology Appraisal; An Evidence Review Group Perspective. PharmacoEconomics, 33(11), 1187-1194. View this article in WRRO
- Enhancements to angioplasty for peripheral arterial occlusive disease: systematic review, cost-effectiveness assessment and expected value of information analysis.. Health Technol Assess, 18(10), 1-252.
- Echocardiography in newly diagnosed atrial fibrillation patients: a systematic review and economic evaluation.. Health Technol Assess, 17(36), 1-vi.
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of additional technologies to enhance angioplasty for infrainguinal peripheral arterial occlusive disease.. Br J Surg, 100(9), 1128-1137.
- Bivalirudin for the treatment of ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: a NICE single technology appraisal.. Pharmacoeconomics, 31(4), 269-275.