Dr Emma Simpson BSc, PhD
University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Sheffield, S1 4DA
Tel: (+44) (0)114 222 0708
Fax: (+44) (0)114 222 0749
I am a member of ScHARR-TAG. I have a PhD in psychology, and a background in health services research.
Research interests include mental health, arthritis, cardiovascular disease and oncology. I specialise in systematic reviews of clinical effectiveness, with an interest in systematic reviewing methodology.
I have recently worked on a number of projects for the Health Technology Assessment Programme, and for the National Institute of Health and Care Excellence. Topics include rheumatoid arthritis, cardiovascular disease and oncology.
- Stevenson M, Archer R, Tosh J, Simpson E, Everson-Hock E, Stevens J, Hernandez-Alava M, Paisley S, Dickinson K, Scott D, Young A & Wailoo A (2016) Adalimumab, etanercept, infliximab, certolizumab pegol, golimumab, tocilizumab and abatacept for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis not previously treated with disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs and after the failure of conventional disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs only: systematic review and economic evaluation. Health Technology Assessment, 20(35), 1-610. View this article in WRRO
- Simpson EL, Davis S, Thokala P, Breeze PR, Bryden P & Wong R (2015) Sipuleucel-T for the Treatment of Metastatic Hormone-Relapsed Prostate Cancer: A NICE Single Technology Appraisal; An Evidence Review Group Perspective. PharmacoEconomics, 33(11), 1187-1194. View this article in WRRO
- Simpson EL, Kearns B, Stevenson MD, Cantrell AJ, Littlewood C & Michaels JA (2014) Enhancements to angioplasty for peripheral arterial occlusive disease: systematic review, cost-effectiveness assessment and expected value of information analysis.. Health Technol Assess, 18(10), 1-252.
- Simpson E, Stevenson M, Scope A, Poku E, Minton J & Evans P (2013) Echocardiography in newly diagnosed atrial fibrillation patients: a systematic review and economic evaluation.. Health Technol Assess, 17(36), 1-vi.
- Simpson EL, Michaels JA, Thomas SM & Cantrell AJ (2013) Systematic review and meta-analysis of additional technologies to enhance angioplasty for infrainguinal peripheral arterial occlusive disease.. Br J Surg, 100(9), 1128-1137.
- Simpson EL, Fitzgerald P, Evans P, Tappenden P, Kalita N, Reckless JPD & Bakhai A (2013) Bivalirudin for the treatment of ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: a NICE single technology appraisal.. Pharmacoeconomics, 31(4), 269-275.