Most academic departments offer several masters courses, taught by expert academics and specialists in the department's field. Students build on their undergraduate knowledge and skills and enter great careers after graduation.
Features of our masters courses
- MSc and MRes degrees available across a range of disciplines, building on undergraduate studies to give students the knowledge and skills that employers are looking for
- Independent research project is a major component, alongside lectures that develop students' understanding of key concepts and practical training in research methods
- Courses can be completed within 12 months, though some masters degrees can be studied part-time or as distance learning courses over a number of years
- Students given access to state-of-the-art equipment and facilities, often leading to work being published in peer-reviewed journals
Our Science Communication course is based in the University of Sheffield's Faculty of Science and is taught in partnership with the Department of Journalism Studies.
This collaboration was created to give you expert insights into how scientists communicate their research, and how the media industry informs the public about the latest scientific developments.
Postgraduate taught scholarships
Explore scholarships for postgraduate taught courses starting in 2021, including:
- 100+ scholarships worth £10,000 each for home fee paying students
- 150 scholarships worth 25 per cent of the tuition fee for international students