The Facility provides Single Cell profiling, Nanopore sequencing (long read whole genome, RNA seq, plasmid) & Nanostring multiplex, amplification-free analysis of up to 800 RNA, DNA, or protein targets. We also offer RNA integrity, DNA fragment and sequencing library analysis using our Bioanalyser.
Initially set up as an Affymetrix-accredited laboratory to run an Affymetrix Gene Chip Microarray system, the facility has a range of equipment and expertise to assist you with your genomic research. We provide the following services:
10x Genomics Chromium Controller
- Uses advanced microfluidics to perform single-cell partitioning and barcoding in a matter of minutes by using Next GEM technology
- Enables integrated analysis of single cells at a massive scale.
- Single Cell Gene Expression profiling, Immune Profiling, ATAC sequencing or Multi-omic profiling.
Long-read Sequencing: Oxford Nanopore GridION Technology
- Ultra-long read whole genome sequencing
- RNA (both direct and cDNA) sequencing
- plasmid/viral vector sequencing
- Real-time analysis
Nanostring nCounter SPRINT Profiler
- Amplification-free gene expression analysis and CNV analysis
- Analyse expression of up to 800 mRNAs, miRNAs, DNA regions, or proteins
- Choose from predesigned mRNA or miRNA panels or design your own.
Sample Preparation and Quality Control
- Agilent 2100 Bioanalyser for analysis of RNA integrity, DNA fragment length and sequencing library quality control.
- Nanodrop spectrophotometer and Qubit for quantification of RNA / DNA samples.
We would recommend that if you are considering a Single Cell, Nanopore or Nanostring experiment you contact Lydia Castelli at the address below to discuss your requirements and for further information including details on pricing.
If you require Bioinformatics analysis, please let us know so that a representative of the Sheffield Bioinformatics Core can be present at the initial meeting.
For more information about any of our equipment, contact Lydia Castelli at:
Sheffield Institute for Translational Neuroscience
University of Sheffield
385a Glossop Road
Telephone: +44 114 21 59110
The University’s four flagship institutes bring together our key strengths to tackle global issues, turning interdisciplinary and translational research into real-world solutions.