Dr Olayiwola Oladiran
Department of Urban Studies and Planning
Lecturer in Real Estate
+44 114 222 6903
Full contact details
Department of Urban Studies and Planning
Geography and Planning Building
Olayiwola holds a PhD in Real Estate Economics from the Henley Business School, University of Reading, MSc in International Real Estate Investment and Finance from Nottingham Trent University, and BTech in Estate Management from the Federal University of Technology, Minna, Nigeria. Previously, he worked as a Lecturer in Real Estate and Property Management at Leeds Beckett University and a Teaching Fellow at the Henley Business School, University of Reading. Prior to joining the academia, he built his career in international real estate professional practice in private and public sectors.
Olayiwola specialises in real estate economics with core interests in real estate digital applications (PropTech), operational real estate, residential real estate and urban markets. His research output has been presented in several international conferences in France, Italy, China, the United States of America, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom. He is currently a reviewer for international peer-reviewed journals within his areas of interest. Over the years, he has led and collaborated on several research projects. He is currently the Lead Investigator on the PropTech Education Integration Framework development following the award of the University College of Estate Management Harold Samuel Research Prize in 2020. Ola is enthusiastic about developing and promoting innovation in real estate operations and practice.
PhD Real Estate Economics, University of Reading.
MSc International Real Estate Investment and Finance Nottingham Trent University, UK
B-Tech Estate Management, Federal University of Technology, Minna, Nigeria
- Research interests
My current and planned research/projects are centred on analysing real estate market dynamics and developing tools and strategies for enhanced real estate operations. I am particularly interested in digital/IT applications to various real estate sectors and practice areas to enhance economic, environmental, social and physical efficiency and effectiveness. I am also interested in housing and urban markets, particularly the mechanism through which migration influences housing and urban markets.
Developing a PropTech Education Integration Framework (Lead Investigator)- UCEM Harold Samuel Research Prize 2020
- The Covid-19 pandemic and office space demand dynamics. International Journal of Strategic Property Management, 27(1), 35-49.
- What property attributes are important to UK university students in their online accommodation search?. Journal of European Real Estate Research. View this article in WRRO
- Examining regional asymmetries in drivers of international migration flows. The Manchester School. View this article in WRRO
- Why do natives and non-natives have different housing outcomes? Evidence from Britain. International Journal of Housing Markets and Analysis, 12(2), 298-329. View this article in WRRO
- Implementation of Lean for Small and Medium-sized Construction Organisational Improvement. Smart and Sustainable Built Environment.
Conference proceedings papers
- An Analysis of the Relationship between the COVID-19-induced Remote Working and Future Office Space Demand. The Future of the African Real Estate Sector: What Next? The 20th Annual AfRES Conference
- What Property Attributes are Important to UK University Students in their Online Accommodation Search?. 28th Annual European Real Estate Society Conference
- Developing an Integration Framework for Property Technology (PropTech) and Innovation in Real Estate Education. 28th Annual European Real Estate Society Conference
- Does Migration Policy affect the Residential Pattern of Immigrants? evidence from UK quasi-experimental research. 26th Annual European Real Estate Society Conference
- View this article in WRRO PropTech Education Integration Framework (PEIF)
- Teaching activities
I currently teach on the following modules:
TRP464/TRP624-International Real Estate Markets
TRP 6417- Real Estate Development
TRP 625- Applied Real Estate Valuation
TRP 109- Urban Analytics