How to Organise a Reunion
How we can help
The Development, Alumni Relations & Events office can help you with your reunion in a variety of ways – from offering advice on the type of event and venues, to publicising the event and putting you in touch with old friends.
We can search our database and provide a list of names of alumni. This will enable you to utilise social media to track people down. We can provide a list of names:
- by year of graduation
- by subject of study
- by country/location
- by group/society (e.g. football, chess club)
We can forward on invitations, via email, as long as:
- we can accurately determine the alumni you wish to contact
- we have valid email addresses
For further details on organising your own reunion and contacting friends, please read the step-by-step reunion guide in the downloads section or email us for more information.
Accommodation and venue ideas
We can provide information on:
- places to stay – both local accommodation and Halls of Residence
- places to eat
- places to visit
- access to the Students’ Union and access to other University buildings
Organisation and promotion
- liaise with your department regarding tours or visits to the department (where possible)
- advertise your reunion on our website
- advertise your reunion on our social media pages
- promote your event on in the quarterly e-bulletin
- provide general advice and support
How you can help us
In order for us to keep in contact with our alumni, it is essential we have up-to-date contact details. When organising a reunion, it is possible you will find new contact information for some of your old friends. All we ask is that you encourage them to get in touch with us to update their details. Assisting us in this way helps to keep our database as up-to-date as possible.
After the event has taken place, please remember to send in a write-up and photos of your reunion, together with a list of all those who attended. Then, where possible we will include it on our website and it may even feature in our annual alumni publication, Your University.
For more detailed advice and a step-by-step guide, please download our Reunion help guide from the right hand side.
Should you wish to speak to the Alumni Team, please contact Helen Meadows on +44 (0)114 222 1079 or Hayley Chalmers on +44 (0)114 222 1039. Alternatively email the team at email@example.com