Our internationally recognised laboratories and research teams allow research to be conducted from the molecular scale to the catchment scale, enabling cutting edge research to be explored and validated against current industry practice.
Our unique facilities include:
- 600m temperature-controlled drinking water quality pipe facility
- 150m–long hydraulic transients pipe facility with leakage section
- 1/6th scale urban drainage/flood facility
- Syphonic roof drainage facility
- Range of open channel flumes, including tilting and flooding facilities
- Temperature-controlled in-sewer processes annular flume and waste water facility
World-class analytical testing facilities include a wide range of engineering, chemical, environmental and microbiological laboratories equipped with specialist testing equipment.
Research groups here are leaders in imaging and analysis techniques, operating some of the world’s most powerful microscopes and high-capacity data modelling and computational systems
A world top-100 university
We're a world top-100 university renowned for the excellence, impact and distinctiveness of our research-led learning and teaching.