The University of Sheffield Calendar
The Calendar sets out the Charter, Statutes and Regulations of the University.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information given in these pages, but the University can accept no responsibilities for any errors or omissions.
University programmes of study are continually reviewed and revised and there may well be some changes between the date of publication and the time the student embarks on the programme of study.
The University will use all reasonable endeavours to deliver programmes in accordance with the description applied to it in the University’s prospectus for the academic year in which students begin their course. The University will be entitled to make reasonable changes to programmes of study where that will enable the University to deliver a better quality of educational experience to students registered on the Course.
The University will aim to keep any such changes to the minimum necessary to achieve the required quality of experience and will notify and use reasonable endeavours to consult with affected students in advance about any changes that are required. Full details can be found in section 5 of the University’s terms and conditions upon acceptance of an offer.
Students and others should enquire as to the up-to-date position when they need to know this.
The University of Sheffield Calendar 2020-21
Calendar 2020-21 (PDF)
- Individual documents
- Dates of semesters
- Historical note (PDF)
- Arms (PDF)
- Charter (PDF)
- Statutes (PDF)
- I: Responsibility for Creation and Amendment of Regulations (PDF)
- II: Regulations of the Council (PDF)
- III: Scheme of Delegation (PDF)
- XIV: General University Regulations (PDF)
- XV: General Regulations for First Degrees (PDF)
- XVI: General Regulations for Higher Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas and Postgraduate Certificates (PDF)
- XVII: Regulations for Higher Doctorates (PDF)
- XVIII: General Regulations relating to Examinations (PDF)
- XIX: General Regulations relating to the Progress of Students (PDF)
- XX: General Regulations relating to Academic Appeals (PDF)
- XXI: General Regulations relating to Student Fitness to Practise (PDF)
- XXII: Regulations relating to the Discipline of Students (PDF)
- XXIII: Regulations relating to Intellectual Property (PDF)
- XXIV: Regulations on the Use of IT Facilities (PDF)
- XXV: Regulations relating to the Library (PDF)
- XXVI: Regulations relating to Academic Costume (PDF)
- Code of Practice relating to Meetings and Other Activities on University Premises (PDF)
- Code of Practice relating to the Students' Union (PDF)
- The University Officers (PDF)
- The University Council (PDF)
- The University Senate (PDF)
- The Students' Union (PDF)
- Honorary Graduates (PDF)
- Ex-Officio Graduates (PDF)
A world top-100 university
We're a world top-100 university renowned for the excellence, impact and distinctiveness of our research-led learning and teaching.