The University of Sheffield Careers Service aims to provide a high quality integrated guidance information and vacancy service to current students and recent graduates of the University.
When advertising a tutoring role, in order to make sure the role is suitable, please ensure it meets the following criteria:
- If the role is self-employed you agree to inform tutors of the process of registering as self-employed. Please also note that students from outside the UK who are here on a student visa are not allowed to work on a self-employed basis.
- If the role is self-employed you have added the wording ‘Self-employed’ into the job title on this vacancy proforma.
- If the role involves working from home that you follow the Health and Safety Executive guidance for Home workers.
- If the student tutor requires a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) you agree to state this in the vacancy advert and provide information about who will cover the cost.
- You will provide Tutors with access to your policies surrounding safeguarding and Health and Safety.
When adding tutoring vacancies to Career Connect, you will be asked to confirm that you agree to these terms. If you have any questions, please contact us to discuss your role.
Advertisements submitted to the University of Sheffield Careers Service must comply with all current employment legislation. By advertising with the Careers Service you are expected to adhere to our Terms and Conditions of Advertising.