If you haven't found the information you're looking for on this website, or if you have any further questions, please contact us in one of the following ways.
Tel: +44 114 222 1800
Postgraduate taught admissions enquiries
Postgraduate research admissions enquiries
Department of Computer Science
The University of Sheffield
Browse our frequently asked questions to get the answers you need.
Questions and answers for prospective students
Getting to the Department
On foot or public transport:
- Take Supertram or a 120 bus from the Railway Station and Bus Station.
- Ask for the West Street stop on Supertram and the West Street/Mappin Street stop on the bus.
- Cross West Street then turn into Mappin Street (with Subway Sandwiches on the corner), then left into Portobello, and left again into Regent Court. Computer Science occupies the left hand side of the building.
- Our reception is located on the first floor.
- On your way back to the Railway or Bus Stations, make sure you take the blue tram going to Halfway
- Use the University route finder to get directions to the department (see right).
- The nearest you can get to the department by car is Mappin Street, the nearest council pay and display car parks can be found on Broad Lane. These are just a few hundred yards walk away.
- To reach the department on foot from Broad Lane, turn onto Mappin Street (between St. George's Church and the Sir Fredrick Mappin building). Take the first right onto Portobello (pedestrianised) and the department is approximately 100 yards on your left. Turn into Regent Court and you will find Computer Science on your left.
- Additional parking is available in the Q Park Car Parks on Durham Road and Solly Street