Social Sciences International Scholarship 2018
We are pleased to offer Social Sciences International Scholarship to international undergraduate students starting their studies in the Faculty of Social Sciences in September 2018.
The Social Sciences International Scholarship 2018 is worth £2,000 per year, subject to the following eligibility and award criteria:
Eligibility and award criteria
To be eligible for the scholarships, applicants must be a national of or permanently domiciled in one of the following:
|Singapore||South Africa||Sri Lanka|
- You must commence your studies of an undergraduate degree or foundation degree in September 2018 in one of the following departments at the University of Sheffield:
School of Architecture, School of East Asian Studies, Department of Economics, School of Education, Department of Geography, Department of Journalism Studies, Department of Landscape, Department of Politics, Sheffield Methods Institute, Department of Sociological Studies, Department of Urban Studies and Planning.
- The scholarship will be awarded automatically – no application is required in the first or any subsequent years.
- Subject to meeting the eligibility and award criteria the scholarships will be guaranteed in the first year of study. The award is applicable to each subsequent academic year of study, subject to achieving 60% or above and achieving a minimum of 120 credits in the previous academic year. This excludes any years in industry or study abroad periods.
- The scholarship can be awarded in-conjunction with any other University of Sheffield scholarship, discount or reward as long you do not become fully funded, for tuition fee purposes, as a result of the sum of these awards and all other eligibility and award criteria are met.
- The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.You must be self-funded and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- You must not be a sponsored student*.
- The scholarship cannot be awarded in-conjunction with any funding (full or partial) from an external sponsor**, excluding a loan, which has to be paid back in full.
- The scholarships are for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying online or via distance learning are not eligible for a scholarship.
- Part-time students will receive the full value of a one year of scholarship split pro-rata over the duration of an equivalent single full-time academic year.
- The Social Sciences International Scholarship 2018 cannot be awarded in-conjunction with an NCUK automatic award. The NCUK award will take precedence over the Social Sciences International Scholarship 2018.
- For scholarship purposes all MArch programmes are considered as postgraduate taught programmes and are not eligible for undergraduate scholarships.
* A sponsored student is defined as being an individual in receipt of a total sum of funds from either the University or an external organisation** that matches or exceeds the original tuition fee required by the University.
** Government or governmental organisation – international, national or regional; research council; charity; private enterprise; or any similar organisation.
Page updated: 29 November 2017