Innovation Hubs for Gene Therapies Bursaries
The Innovation Hubs for Gene Therapies Network is offering a pair of bursaries worth £6,125 each for home fee-paying students starting an MSc in Advanced Cell and Gene Therapies in 2022. The Innovation Hubs for Gene Therapies are funded by the Medical Research Council (MRC) and LifeArc.
The MRC is offering these Innovation Hubs for Gene Therapies Bursaries as part of their ongoing work with the Gene Therapies Innovation and Manufacturing Centre (GTIMC): a national network of partners, facilities and training programmes working to advance the clinical development of new genetic treatments.
These bursaries are for students who meet at least one of our widening participation criteria and/or students who achieve a first in their undergraduate degree.
If your application is successful you can use the bursary towards fees or living expenses – the choice is yours.
You can apply for a bursary if you meet all of the following four criteria:
- You'll be studying on the MSc Advanced Cell and Gene Therapies course.
- You're paying the 'home' rate of fees.
- You're not already qualified at masters level or higher.
- You're self-funded.
You must also meet one or both of the following criteria:
- You're from a group that is evidentially under-represented among the institution's taught masters population - see the widening participation criteria for postgraduate scholarships.
- You've already achieved or currently predicted a first-class undergraduate degree - see the academic merit criteria for postgraduate scholarships.
Students can apply for the bursary by clicking on the link below and completing the Google Form.
The deadline to apply is 1.00pm on 24 July 2022.
Shortlisted candidates will be informed no later than 5 August 2022 and invited to interview later in the month.
When reviewing your application we'll look at personal circumstances and widening participation criteria, and take into account academic achievements. All applications are anonymised and the decision is discretionary and final.
When assessing your application, we will give regard to whether you
- have provided a clear rationale and strong motivation for applying for the MSc in Advanced Cell and Gene Therapies at the University of Sheffield
- have identified clearly how the bursary will be beneficial to their student experience
- have clearly articulated future ambitions; these goals relate to the postgraduate degree he/she has applied for, and they involve appropriate and credible contributions from which others will benefit.
Please note that the bursary application is separate from applying for a course. Being awarded a bursary does not guarantee you will be made an academic offer.
You are not required to apply for your course prior to submitting your bursary application.
For specific questions about fees, bursaries, bursaries and financial support, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Weekly online events
Attend an online event when it suits you, all year round, as an alternative to an open day.
Every Wednesday, Sheffield Live sessions cover different aspects of University life. You can also meet your department and learn more about studying your subject.