Medical School Research Meeting 2019
The keynote lecture "Cancer evolution, immune evasion and metastatic progression - insights from TRACERx” was delivered by Professor Charles Swanton FRS FmedSci FRCP (Cancer Evolution and Genome Instability Laboratory, The Francis Crick Institute). Professor Swanton also participated in judging the presentations. The following winners were selected:
Best Oral Presentations:
- Tobias Moll (Neuroscience) Mutations in the glycosyltransferase domain of GLT8D1 cause familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
- Samir Morsli (Infection, Immunity & Cardiovascular Disease) Establishing a model of stress-induced senescence in zebrafish larva.
- Katie Adamson (Neuroscience) Developing zebrafish models to investigate the role of TCP1 in a rare neurological disease.
Best Poster Presentations:
- Philipa Carr (Infection, Immunity & Cardiovascular Disease) Validating the Zebrafish Aortic Arch development as a model to study the molecular mechanisms underlying Idiopathic Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension.
- Dr Claudia Tulotta (Oncology and Metabolism) The Interplay between Tumour- and Microenvironment derived IL-1B in breast cancer.
Events at the University
Browse upcoming public lectures, exhibitions, family events, concerts, shows and festivals across the University.