We aim to answer the majority of student enquiries from a single location.
Based in the Students' Union and dealing with over 100,000 enquiries from students a year, SSiD is a 'One-Stop-Shop' for general student-related enquiries. We aim to answer the majority of student enquiries from a single location.
Friendly and professional staff
Our friendly, professional and knowledgeable staff can answer a wide range of student-related questions. And where we can't answer your question, we pride ourselves on knowing or finding out who can help.
Every step of the way
We can help with each stage of your student experience, from making you feel settled in the early days, providing documents for you to prove your student status, helping you prepare for exams, getting access to your results and providing official documents for after graduation.
Services for students include:
- General enquiries
- Proof of student status
- Council tax exemption certificates
- Bank letters
- Exam equipment approval
- Form signing to prove student status
- Tuition fee summary
- Schengen visa support letters
- Student status document requests
- Summary of results
- UCard replacement
Services for graduates include:
- Certified copies of degree certificates
- Letters confirming past attendance
- Replacement degree certificates
- Transcripts of qualifications
Information for current students
Our website contains a wealth of useful information about many important student issues:
- SSiD on the Student hub (University login required)
Still got questions?
Find what you're looking for on Student Answers, our FAQ knowledgebase.