Access your digital HEAR/transcript
How to access your Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR) and official digital transcript through the new Gradintelligence system (previously ShARe).
Gradintelligence is the official document issuing service we use to provide students with official certification of their results and achievements.
We use Gradintelligence to issue:
- Digital transcripts to Postgraduate Taught and Visiting Students at the end of their period of study.
- Higher Education Achievement Reports (HEARs) to Undergraduate Students after every examination period, to provide evidence of their latest results and achievements.
We no longer provide certification to students via the Sheffield Authorised Records (ShARe) system. All documents previously issued via ShARe have been regenerated in the Gradintelligence system.
What Gradintelligence offers
You can access Gradintelligence documents securely online at any time, in any location, and share them (e.g. with employers) to evidence your University of Sheffield achievements.
In Gradintelligence, you can also build your own personal profile and be matched to opportunities for jobs, further studies courses and events based on the information recorded in your digital documents and your profile. This is optional and you can opt-out of these at any time.
When you’re due to receive your first Gradintelligence document, we’ll register you with the Gradintelligence service.
Please don't register with Gradintelligence yourself. We can only issue documents into accounts that have been created by the University
Once we've registered you with the service and created your account, you’ll receive an email from email@example.com explaining how to activate your account. This process will enable you to create your own username and password.
Once you've activated your account, you’ll be able to log in and access your document(s).
Please don't register with Gradintelligence independently, as this will affect our ability to issue a document to you.
We’ll issue you with a Higher Education Achievement Report (which contains your digital transcript) at the following times of year:
- Mid-March, following the release of Autumn Semester results
- Mid-July, following the release of Spring Semester results
- Late September, following the release of resit results
You'll receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org once your HEAR has been issued.
We’ll issue you with a digital transcript following the official release of your results. This normally takes place in late November/early December.
You don’t need to take any action in order to receive a transcript.
If you don’t already have a Gradintelligence account set up by us, we’ll create one for you. You’ll receive a notification email from email@example.com once your document is available. If this is your first Gradintelligence document, you’ll need to activate your account and create a username and password in order to access your transcript.
We’ll issue you with a digital transcript at the end of your studies. You don’t need to take any action in order to receive a transcript.
If you’re due to complete your studies at the end of:
- Semester 1, transcripts will be provided in early March
- Semester 2 or the full academic year, transcripts will be provided in early July
- Postgraduate academic year, transcripts will be provided by early December
When a document has been issued to you, you’ll receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll need to activate your account and create a username and password in order to access your transcript.
You must remember to share your transcript with your home university via the Gradintelligence system.
Activating your account
Your registration with Gradintelligence is undertaken by the University of Sheffield on your behalf and will be completed before we issue you with your first document. Once we’ve done this, you’ll receive an account activation email from email@example.com. You’ll have 30 days to activate your account.
When you activate your account you can create your own Gradintelligence username and password. You can continue to use these to log in to Gradintelligence after you’ve left the University.
You must have completed account activation to access any documents we’ve issued to you.
By activating your account, you’re also consenting to benefit from some additional, optional services offered by Gradintelligence. These allow you to build your own personal profile and be matched to opportunities for jobs, further study courses and events based on the information recorded in your digital documents and your profile.
You can manage this in your Communication Settings by:
- opting out of these
- tailoring the types of opportunities you wish to be matched with
- confirming how you’d prefer to be contacted
Before you leave the University
Before you leave the University, you’ll need to change the email associated with your Gradintelligence account to a non-University of Sheffield address. Gradintelligence will prompt you to do this when you’re issued with the final version of your HEAR/digital transcript.
If you graduated between 2015 and 2022
You can access your digital transcript/HEAR in Gradintelligence if you:
- started your undergraduate studies in September 2012 or later
- started your postgraduate studies in September 2014 or later
If you’ve graduated from the University and need to access replacement documents for documents issued to you via our previous ShARe system, you’ll need to activate your new Gradintelligence account via the Account Recovery page, and verify your identity.
To activate your account you'll be asked for your student ID, which is your University Registration Number. You can find this on your UCard.
- Contact us via Live Chat. Please be ready to send us a form of photo ID (Expired UCard, Passport, or Driving licence).
- Complete the webform below.
Please include details of an email address you can access, and we’ll link your Gradintelligence account to this address so we can send an account activation email.
If you graduated between 2003 and 2014
You can request an official Academic Transcript from the Student Services Information Desk (SSiD) if you:
- started your undergraduate studies before September 2012
- started your postgraduate studies before September 2014
For further information please visit:
If you need to share your digital transcript/HEAR with a third party via a secure platform, you can do this directly from the Gradintelligence system.
To do this:
- Enter your login details at www.gradintel.com
- Select ‘My Documents’
- Click on ‘Share’ next to your transcript
- Enter the email of your third party
The person you’ve shared your document with will then receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org explaining how to view your document.
If you’re a Visiting Student, you must share your transcript with your home university via the Gradintelligence system.
Many third-party organisations worldwide accept Gradintelligence documents, including the World Education Services.
Gradintelligence allows you to share official evidence of your University results and achievements quickly and easily.
If you’re asked to share evidence of your University achievements electronically, you should ask if they accept documents issued via Gradintelligence.
HEAR recognition for Student Ambassadors
If you've been a faculty or departmental Student Ambassador, you can add this to your HEAR by filling out the relevant form on the page below.
Gradintelligence is a globally established service, with over a thousand universities and many thousands of employers, embassies, credential check agencies and ministries of education using it to verify student achievements. In addition to this:
- All documents held within and shared via the Gradintelligence system are original versions issued by University officials.
- They bear the signature of the University Secretary and University Stamp.
- Documents issued via Gradintelligence are digitally signed with an electronic seal (University of Sheffield advanced electronic signature (AdES) with a qualified electronic certificated (QES)).
- These digital credentials are compliant with international standards and are legally valid, tamper-proof documents that students can freely share with anyone they choose, as verification of their University achievements.
- Account activation and document update emails will be sent from email@example.com.
- Document shares created by students via Gradintelligence will trigger notification emails to be sent to third parties from firstname.lastname@example.org.
We don’t issue hard copies of HEARs unless you can demonstrate a specific need for one.
You can download and print a PDF copy of your Gradintelligence documents using standard internet browser functionality, but your documents are only considered valid and verified when accessed online via Gradintelligence (external site).
Please note: it is not possible for us to produce a hardcopy version of digital transcripts issued via the Gradintelligence system. If you require a hardcopy version of an academic transcript, please visit:
By activating your account, you’re also consenting to benefit from a number of additional, optional services offered by Gradintelligence. These allow you to build your own personal profile and be matched to opportunities for jobs, further studies courses and events based on the information recorded in your digital documents and within your profile. You can opt-out of these at any time via your Communication Settings in Gradintelligence.
For more information about how Gradintelligence stores, processes and secures your data, visit:
For questions about any aspects of the Gradintelligence service or accessing your account, please contact Gradintelligence Customer Services:
If you have any questions about the content of your document, please contact the Student Administration Service.
If you’re a former student and would like to be issued with a digital transcript to evidence your achievements, please contact our Student Services Information Desk.
If you have any questions about the Gradintelligence service or about accessing documents that our students have shared with you, please contact Gradintelligence Customer Services: