BA Hons, MPH
School of Health and Related Research
+44 114 222 0762
Full contact details
School of Health and Related Research
The Innovation Centre
I am a study manager on an NIHR RCT - STOP-OHSS – a multi-centre trial evaluating an intervention for women who develop ovarian hyperstimulation as a result of fertility treatment.
Previously within ScHARR I was a research associate working on;
- Scottish Minimum Unit Pricing for Alcohol study (SARG) – an evaluation of the MUP for alcohol policy in Scotland.
- TIME study – A take-home naloxone intervention multicentre emergency setting feasibility trial.
- NIHR funded - The Design, Development, Commissioning and Evaluation of Patient Focused Vascular Services study - (HEDS).
- Cancer, Fertility and Me study - developing and evaluating a decision aid for women diagnosed with cancer considering fertility preservation (HEDS).
Before joining ScHARR I was a Clinical Data Manager at the Sheffield University Cancer Clinical Trials Unit – working on a variety of cancer drug clinical trials. I gained an MPH at ScHARR in 2012.
- Research interests
Recruitment to clinical trials/research trials.
This person does not have any publications available.
- PP39 Emergency service provider perspectives of feasibility and acceptability of emergency services distribution of take home naloxone. Emergency Medicine Journal, 39(9), e5.33-e5.33.
- EP12 Emergency services provision of take home naloxone to people at risk of opiate overdose: perspectives of potential recipients – a qualitative study. Emergency Medicine Journal, 39(9), e5.4-e5.4.
- It’s long-term, well it’s for life basically: Understanding and exploring the burden of immunoglobulin treatment in patients with primary immunodeficiency disorders. Qualitative Research in Medicine and Healthcare, 4(3), 117-131. View this article in WRRO
- Protocol for Take-home naloxone In Multicentre Emergency (TIME) settings: feasibility study. Pilot and Feasibility Studies, 6(1). View this article in WRRO
- Electronic personal assessment questionnaire for vascular patients (ePAQ-VAS) development and validity. British Journal of Surgery. View this article in WRRO
- Strength of public preferences for endovascular or open aortic aneurysm repair. British Journal of Surgery, 106(13), 1775-1783. View this article in WRRO
- Are publicly available internet resources enabling women to make informed fertility preservation decisions before starting cancer treatment: An environmental scan? 11 Medical and Health Sciences 1117 Public Health and Health Services. BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making, 18(1). View this article in WRRO
- Preserving fertility in women with cancer (PreFer): Decision‐making and patient‐reported outcomes in women offered egg and embryo freezing prior to cancer treatment. Psycho-Oncology.
- What factors hinder the decision-making process for women with cancer and contemplating fertility preservation treatment?. Human Reproduction Update, 23(4), 433-457.
- Observational study of the development and evaluation of a fertility preservation patient decision aid for teenage and adult women diagnosed with cancer: the Cancer, Fertility and Me research protocol. BMJ Open, 7(3). View this article in WRRO
- The impact of surgery for vulval cancer upon health-related quality of life and pelvic floor outcomes during the first year of treatment: a longitudinal, mixed methods study. Psycho-Oncology, 25(6), 656-662. View this article in WRRO
- 141. Factors influencing risk management choices (risk reducing surgery or screening) in women at high familial breast cancer risk. European Journal of Surgical Oncology, 38(9), 778-779.
- Psychosocial and physical outcomes for women at high familial breast cancer risk. European Journal of Surgical Oncology (EJSO), 36(11), 1107-1107.
- Cancer, Fertility and Me: Developing and Testing a Novel Fertility Preservation Patient Decision Aid to Support Women at Risk of Losing Their Fertility Because of Cancer Treatment. Frontiers in Oncology, 12.
Conference proceedings papers
- Experience of developing and evaluating a fertility preservation patient decision aid for teenage and adult women with cancer for use in oncology settings, UK (The Cancer, Fertility and Me study). PSYCHO-ONCOLOGY, Vol. 27 (pp 45-45)
- Experiences of women and partners of women at increased familial breast cancer risk: A qualitative study of the impact upon partnerships. European Journal of Surgical Oncology, Vol. 44(6) (pp 904-905)
- Views and experiences of MRI breast screening in women at increased familial breast cancer risk. European Journal of Surgical Oncology, Vol. 44(6) (pp 905-906), 18 June 2018 - 19 June 2018. View this article in WRRO
- What factors influence the decision-making process for women with cancer contemplating fertility preservation? A systematic review. BJOG-AN INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF OBSTETRICS AND GYNAECOLOGY, Vol. 123 (pp 70-71)
- Author response to: Comment on: Strength of public preferences for endovascular or open aortic aneurysm repair. British Journal of Surgery, 107(5), 613-614.