Clinical Trials Research Unit, ScHARR
University of Sheffield
30 Regent Street
Office: Room 3.10, Innovation Centre
Tel: +44 (0) 114 22 25450
Fax: +44 (0) 114 22 20870
Email : email@example.com
I joined the CTRU as a Medical Statistician in July 2017 after working for NWORTH (Bangor University's Clinical Trial Unit) as a Trial Statistician. I have a BSc in Mathematics and an MSc in Statistics and Management Science, both from the University of the West of England, Bristol.
I am currently involved with the following projects:
- CFHealthHub Data Observatory - A Quality Improvement project and Trials within Cohort platform for Cystic Fibrosis
- IDEA – The Invasive Dentistry – Endocarditis Association Study
- COMMEND – A feasibility study and randomised controlled trial of acceptance and COMmitment therapy for people with Motor nEuron Disease
- MAGIC – Melatonin for Anxiety prior to General anaesthesia In Children): A Randomised Controlled Trial of Melatonin Versus Midazolam in the Premedication of Anxious Children Attending for Elective Dental and ENT Surgery Under General Anaesthesia
My areas of research interests are: clinical trial methodology, pilot and feasibility studies and trials for complex interventions.
Nikki is part of Design, Trials and Statistics
- Roberts JL, Pritchard AW, Williams M, Totton N, Morrison V, DIn NU & Williams NH (2018) Mixed methods process evaluation of an enhanced community-based rehabilitation intervention for elderly patients with hip fracture. BMJ Open, 8(8). View this article in WRRO
- Williams NH, Mawdesley K, Roberts JL, Din NU, Totton N, Charles JM, Hoare Z & Edwards RT (2018) Hip fracture in the elderly multidisciplinary rehabilitation (FEMuR) feasibility study: Testing the use of routinely collected data for future health economic evaluations. Pilot and Feasibility Studies, 4(1). View this article in WRRO
- Morrison V, Spencer LH, Totton N, Pye K, Yeo ST, Butterworth C, Hall L, Whitaker R, Edwards RT, Timmis LJ, Hoare Z, Neal RD, Wilkinson C & Leeson S (2018) Trial of Optimal Personalised Care After Treatment - Gynaecological Cancer (TOPCAT-G): A randomized feasibility trial. International Journal of Gynecological Cancer, 28(2), 401-411. View this article in WRRO
- Ngu WS, Bevan R, Tsiamoulos ZP, Bassett P, Hoare Z, Rutter MD, Clifford G, Totton N, Lee TJ, Ramadas A, Silcock JG, Painter J, Neilson LJ, Saunders BP & Rees CJ (2018) Improved adenoma detection with Endocuff Vision: The ADENOMA randomised controlled trial. Gut.
- Williams NH, Roberts JL, Din NU, Charles JM, Totton N, Williams M, Mawdesley K, Hawkes CA, Morrison V, Lemmey A, Edwards RT, Hoare Z, Pritchard AW, Woods RT, Alexander S, Sackley C, Logan P, Wilkinson C & Rycroft-Malone J (2017) Developing a multidisciplinary rehabilitation package following hip fracture and testing in a randomised feasibility study: Fracture in the Elderly Multidisciplinary Rehabilitation (FEMuR). Health Technology Assessment, 21(44), 1-528. View this article in WRRO
- Pye K, Totton N, Stuart N, Whitaker R, Morrison V, Edwards RT, Yeo ST, Timmis LJ, Butterworth C, Hall L, Rai T, Hoare Z, Neal RD, Wilkinson C & Leeson S (2016) Trial of Optimal Personalised Care After Treatment for Gynaecological cancer (TOPCAT-G): a study protocol for a randomised feasibility trial. Pilot and Feasibility Studies, 2(1). View this article in WRRO
- Williams NH, Roberts JL, Din NU, Totton N, Charles JM, Hawkes CA, Morrison V, Hoare Z, Williams M, Pritchard AW, Alexander S, Lemmey A, Woods RT, Sackley C, Logan P, Edwards RT & Wilkinson C (2016) Fracture in the Elderly Multidisciplinary Rehabilitation (FEMuR): a phase II randomised feasibility study of a multidisciplinary rehabilitation package following hip fracture. BMJ Open, 6(10). View this article in WRRO
- Brand A (2017) An online tool for exploring recruitment achievability for a feasibility and pilot studies in the UK. 4th International Clinical Trials Methodology Conference (ICTM) and 38th Annual Meeting of the Socie.