Clinical Trials Research Unit, ScHARR
University of Sheffield
30 Regent Street
Office: Room 3.10, Innovation Centre
Tel: +44 (0) 114 22 25450
Fax: +44 (0) 114 22 20870
Email : email@example.com
I joined the CTRU as a Medical Statistician in July 2017 after working for NWORTH (Bangor University's Clinical Trial Unit) as a Trial Statistician. I have a BSc in Mathematics and an MSc in Statistics and Management Science, both from the University of the West of England, Bristol. I currently work on a number of clinical trials, as well as methodology projects and as a statistical advisor for the Research Design Service.
I am currently involved with the following projects:
•CFHealthHub Data Observatory - A Quality Improvement project and Trials within Cohort platform for Cystic Fibrosis
•MAGIC – Melatonin for Anxiety prior to General anaesthesia In Children): A Randomised Controlled Trial of Melatonin Versus Midazolam in the Premedication of Anxious Children Attending for Elective Dental and ENT Surgery Under General Anaesthesia
•DAFNEplus - Developing and trialling the DAFNEplus (Dose Adjustment for Normal Eating) intervention. A lifelong approach to promote effective self-management in adults with type 1 diabetes.
•BRAINS - Benefit-Risk Assessment to Inform Non-Inferiority and Superiority study design: Guidance on the optimal design within different-in-kind of comparisons
•PoPSTER - Patient preferences and current Practice for adults with STERoid resistant ulcerative colitis.
My areas of research interests are: the design of pilot and feasibility studies, sample size calculations for ANCOVA models and multi-arm studies and the designing studies using a benefit-risk trade-off.
Nikki is part of Design, Trials and Statistics
- Ngu WS, Bevan R, Tsiamoulos ZP, Bassett P, Hoare Z, Rutter MD, Clifford G, Totton N, Lee TJ, Ramadas A , Silcock JG et al (2019) Improved adenoma detection with Endocuff Vision: the ADENOMA randomised controlled trial. Gut, 68(2), 280-288.
- Roberts JL, Pritchard AW, Williams M, Totton N, Morrison V, DIn NU & Williams NH (2018) Mixed methods process evaluation of an enhanced community-based rehabilitation intervention for elderly patients with hip fracture. BMJ Open, 8(8). View this article in WRRO
- Williams NH, Mawdesley K, Roberts JL, Din NU, Totton N, Charles JM, Hoare Z & Edwards RT (2018) Hip fracture in the elderly multidisciplinary rehabilitation (FEMuR) feasibility study: Testing the use of routinely collected data for future health economic evaluations. Pilot and Feasibility Studies, 4(1). View this article in WRRO
- Morrison V, Spencer LH, Totton N, Pye K, Yeo ST, Butterworth C, Hall L, Whitaker R, Edwards RT, Timmis LJ , Hoare Z et al (2018) Trial of Optimal Personalised Care After Treatment - Gynaecological Cancer (TOPCAT-G): A randomized feasibility trial. International Journal of Gynecological Cancer, 28(2), 401-411. View this article in WRRO
- Pye K, Totton N, Stuart N, Whitaker R, Morrison V, Edwards RT, Yeo ST, Timmis LJ, Butterworth C, Hall L , Rai T et al (2016) Trial of Optimal Personalised Care After Treatment for Gynaecological cancer (TOPCAT-G): a study protocol for a randomised feasibility trial. Pilot and Feasibility Studies, 2(1). View this article in WRRO
- Williams NH, Roberts JL, Din NU, Totton N, Charles JM, Hawkes CA, Morrison V, Hoare Z, Williams M, Pritchard AW , Alexander S et al (2016) Fracture in the Elderly Multidisciplinary Rehabilitation (FEMuR): a phase II randomised feasibility study of a multidisciplinary rehabilitation package following hip fracture. BMJ Open, 6(10). View this article in WRRO
- Brand A (2017) An online tool for exploring recruitment achievability for a feasibility and pilot studies in the UK. 4th International Clinical Trials Methodology Conference (ICTM) and 38th Annual Meeting of the Socie.