Lena (Olena) Mandrik, MSc Maastricht (the Netherlands), PhD Rotterdam (the Netherlands)
The University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Tel: +44 (0) 114 222 6392
I joined ScHARR (HEDS) as a Research Fellow (modelling) in October 2018 after two-year post-doctoral fellowship in the International Agency for Research on Cancer of the World Health Organization (2016-2018). Prior to this I was employed by the Erasmus University Rotterdam, School of Health Policy and Management, were earlier (2015) I defended my PhD.
My path to science was long, and I have a seven-year experience in pharmaceutical business organizations. Starting from Manager in Pharmacoeconomics and growing to the Head of the Market Access Department, I was employed by such global companies as Janssen-Cilag, Merck, and Sanofi.
• Implementation research (assessment of national programs);
• Global research, in particular for low- and middle-income countries;
• Cancer prevention and early detection (breast, colorectal cancers);
• Preferences of population and their consideration in cost-effectiveness models;
• Methods for assessment and synthesis of published economic evidence
• I currently work on a microsimulation model for colorectal cancer
1. Mandrik O, Ekwunife OI, Zielonke N, Meheus F, Severens JL, Lhachimi SK, Murillo R. What determines the effects and costs of breast cancer screening? A protocol of a systematic review of reviews. Syst Rev. 2017 Jun 28;6(1):122. doi: 10.1186/s13643-017-0510-y.
2. Mandrik O, Corro Ramos I, Knies S, Al M, Severens JL. Cost-effectiveness of adding rituximab to fludarabine and cyclophosphamide for treatment of chronic lymphocytic leukemia in Ukraine. Cancer Manag Res. 2015 Aug 25;7:279-89.
3. Mandrik O, Knies S, Severens JL. Economic value of in vitro fertilization in Ukraine, Belarus, and Kazakhstan. Clinicoecon Outcomes Res. 2015 Jun 12;7:347-56.
4. Mandrik O, Knies S, Kalo Z, Severens JL. Impact of hypoglycemia on daily life of type 2 diabetes patients in Ukraine. J Multidiscip Healthc. 2013 Jul 9;6:249-57.
5. Mandrik O, Severens JL, Doroshenko O, et al. Reviewing transferability in economic evaluations originating from eastern Europe. Int J Technol Assess Health Care. 2015;31(6):434-41
- Mandrik O, Zielonke N, Meheus F, Severens H, Guha N, Herrero R & Murillo R (2019) Systematic reviews as a “lens of evidence”: determinants of benefits and harms of breast cancer screening. International Journal of Cancer, 145(4), 994-1006. View this article in WRRO
- Lin L, Severens JL & Mandrik O (2019) Disutility associated with cancer screening programs : a systematic review. PLoS ONE, 14(7). View this article in WRRO
- Mandrik O, Ekwunife OI, Zielonke N, Meheus F, Severens JL, Lhachimi SK & Murillo R (2017) What determines the effects and costs of breast cancer screening? A protocol of a systematic review of reviews. Systematic Reviews, 6(1).
- Mandrik O, Knies S, Golubovska О, Duda O, Dudar L, Fedorchenko S, Zaliska О & Severens JLH (2015) Cost comparison of treating chronic hepatitis C genotype one with pegylated interferons in Ukraine. Open Medicine, 10(1).
- Mandrik O, Knies S, Kalo Z & Severens JL (2015) REVIEWING TRANSFERABILITY IN ECONOMIC EVALUATIONS ORIGINATING FROM EASTERN EUROPE. International Journal of Technology Assessment in Health Care, 31(6), 434-441.
- Mandrik O, Knies S, Kaló Z & Severens JL (2014) Transferability of Economic Evaluations To Central and Eastern Euroepan and Former Soviet Countries. Value in Health, 17(7), A443-A444.
- Mandrik O, Corro Ramos I, Zalis’ka O, Gaisenko A & Severens JL (2013) Cost for Treatment of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia in Specialized Institutions of Ukraine. Value in Health Regional Issues, 2(2), 205-209.
- Zalis'ka O & Mandrik O (2010) PSS14 PHARMACOECONOMICS OF INNOVATIVE MEDICINES FOR TREATMENT OF PSORIASIS IN UKRAINE. Value in Health, 13(7), A400-A400.
- Mandrik O, Corro Ramos I, Knies S, Al M & Severens JH () Cost-effectiveness of adding rituximab to fludarabine and cyclophosphamide for treatment of chronic lymphocytic leukemia in Ukraine. Cancer Management and Research, 279-279.
- Mandrik O, Knies S & Severens JH () Economic value of in vitro fertilization in Ukraine, Belarus, and Kazakhstan. ClinicoEconomics and Outcomes Research, 347-347.
- Mandrik O, Mankovsky B, Doroshenko O, Pan'kiv V, Kravchun N, Vlasenko M, Hulchiy M, Baljuk M, Komisarenko Y, Martsynik E , Sokolova L et al () Impact of hypoglycemia on daily life of type 2 diabetes patients in Ukraine. Journal of Multidisciplinary Healthcare, 249-249.
- Mandrik O, Ekwunife O, Meheus F, Severens JL, Lhachimi S, Uyl-de Groot CA & Murillo R () Systematic reviews as a “lens of evidence”: determinants of cost-effectiveness of breast cancer screening. Cancer Medicine. View this article in WRRO
Conference proceedings papers
- Mandrik O, Zalis'ka O & Severens J (2012) PCN103 How Much Price Component is Accounted for in State Drugs Purchase Decisions in Ukrainian Oncology?. Value in Health, Vol. 15(7) (pp A428-A428)
- Mandrik O, Zalis'ka O & Severens JL (2012) PCN77 Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of Rituximab Use in Treatment of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia in Ukraine. Value in Health, Vol. 15(4) (pp A221-A221)
- Pariy V, Stepanenko A, Mandrik O & Zalis'ka O (2012) PHP106 Priority Setting for Health Technology Assessment in Ukraine. Value in Health, Vol. 15(4) (pp A32-A32)
- Mandrik O, Severens JL, Zalis'ka O, Doroshenko O, Maynych Y & Tolubaiev V (2012) PHP86 Analysis of Factors Influencing Drugs Prescription Decision Making in Ukraine. Value in Health, Vol. 15(4) (pp A28-A28)
- Mandrik O, Zalis'ka O & Severens JL (2011) PCN57 Cost of Treatment of Multiple Myeloma in Ukraine. Value in Health, Vol. 14(7) (pp A444-A444)
- Mandrik O & Zalis'ka O (2011) PCN49 THE RELATIONSHIP OF AGE AND SEX WITH COST OF TREATMENT FOR CHRONIC LYMPHOCYTIC LEUKEMIA IN UKRAINE. Value in Health, Vol. 14(3) (pp A163-A163)