Andrew Rawdin BSc (Sheffield Hallam), MRes (York)
University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Sheffield, S1 4DA
Tel: +44 (0)114 2220823
Fax: +44 (0)114 2220749
I joined ScHARR in 2006 after gaining a BSc in Mathematics at Sheffield Hallam University and an MRes in Mathematics and Ecology at the University of York.
My research interests are:
- Discrete event simulation modelling
- Health economic modelling
- Development of a formal framework for the validation of computer simulation models in health economics
- Economic modelling of Public Health interventions
- Population dynamics modelling in epidemic disease transmission
- Investigation of relationships between long term degenerative diseases and exposure to industrial pollutants.
My teaching interests are:
- Supervising MSc dissertation projects
I am a member of the ScHARR Marketing Committee
I am currently working on the following projects:
- Economic effectiveness of pharmaceutical interventions for hepatocellular carcinoma
- The comparative economics effectiveness of different treatment methodologies for renal failure
- Uttley L, Stevenson M, Scope A, Rawdin A & Sutton A (2015) The clinical and cost effectiveness of group art therapy for people with non-psychotic mental health disorders: a systematic review and cost-effectiveness analysis. BMC Psychiatry, 15. View this article in WRRO
- Stevenson M, Pandor A, Stevens JW, Rawdin A, Rice P, Thompson J & Morgan MY (2015) Nalmefene for Reducing Alcohol Consumption in People with Alcohol Dependence: An Evidence Review Group Perspective of a NICE Single Technology Appraisal. PharmacoEconomics, 33(8), 833-847. View this article in WRRO
- Uttley L, Stevenson M, Scope A, Rawdin A & Sutton A (2015) Erratum to: The clinical and cost effectiveness of group art therapy for people with non-psychotic mental health disorders: a systematic review and cost-effectiveness analysis. BMC Psychiatry, 15(1), 212. View this article in WRRO
- Stevenson M, Gomersall T, Lloyd Jones M, Rawdin A, Hernández M, Dias S, Wilson D & Rees A (2014) Percutaneous vertebroplasty and percutaneous balloon kyphoplasty for the treatment of osteoporotic vertebral fractures: a systematic review and cost-effectiveness analysis.. Health Technology Assessment, 18(17), 1-290.
- Holmes M, Rathbone J, Littlewood C, Rawdin A, Stevenson M, Stevens J, Archer R, Evans P & Wang J (2014) Routine echocardiography in the management of stroke and transient ischaemic attack: a systematic review and economic evaluation.. Health Technology Assessment, 18(16), 1-176.
- Rawdin AC, Duenas A & Chilcott JB (2014) The cost-effectiveness of weight management programmes in a postnatal population. Public Health, 128(9), 804-810.
- Tappenden P, Campbell F, Rawdin A, Wong R & Kalita N (2012) The clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of home-based, nurse-led health promotion for older people: a systematic review.. Health Technology Assessment, 16(20), 1-72.
- Chilcott J, Tappenden P, Rawdin A, Johnson M, Kaltenthaler E, Paisley S, Papaioannou D & Shippam A (2010) Avoiding and identifying errors in health technology assessment models: qualitative study and methodological review.. Health Technology Assessment, 14(25), iii-107.
- Madan J, Rawdin A, Stevenson M & Tappenden P (2010) A Rapid‐Response Economic Evaluation of the UK NHS Cancer Reform Strategy Breast Cancer Screening Program Extension via a Plausible Bounds Approach. Value in Health, 13(2), 215-221.
- Simpson EL, Stevenson MD, Rawdin A & Papaioannou D (2009) Thrombophilia testing in people with venous thromboembolism: systematic review and cost-effectiveness analysis.. Health Technology Assessment, 13(2), iii-91.