Dr Lesley Uttley BSc, PhD (Psychology)
University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Sheffield, S1 4DA
Tel: (+44) (0)114 222 0782
Fax: (+44) (0)114 222 0749
I joined ScHARR as a systematic reviewer in January 2011 after completing my BSc and PhD in Psychology at the University of Sheffield in developmental psychology. I work as part of the evidence review group, ScHARR-TAG, on projects in areas including mental health, oncology and diagnostics. I also design and lead research in systematic review projects of mapping reviews and complex interventions.
- Methodology of systematic reviews
- Treatment for mental health disorders
- Infant and child development
I supervise masters students and teach on modules across the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health on systematic reviews.
- Co-chair for ScHARR Systematic Reviewers academic development group
- Member of ScHARR Equality and Diversity committee
- Invited visiting scientist to the World Health Organisation (WHO) International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC)
- Editorial board member for Scientific Reports (Nature)
- Peer reviewer for Systematic Reviews (BMC)
- NIHR systematic review of clinical management strategies for reducing the risk of transmission via surgical procedures of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD)
- Uttley L, Carlton J, Woods HB & Brazier J (2018) A review of quality of life themes in Duchenne muscular dystrophy for patients and carers.. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes, 16. View this article in WRRO
- Uttley L, Bermejo I, Ren S, Martyn-St James M, Wong R, Scott DL, Young A & Stevenson M (2018) Tofacitinib for Treating Rheumatoid Arthritis After the Failure of Disease-Modifying Anti-rheumatic Drugs: An Evidence Review Group Perspective of a NICE Single Technology Appraisal.. Pharmacoeconomics, 36(9), 1063-1072. View this article in WRRO
- Uttley L & Montgomery P (2017) The influence of the team in conducting a systematic review.. Systematic Reviews, 6. View this article in WRRO
- Uttley L, Whyte S, Gomersall T, Ren S, Wong R, Chambers D & Tappenden P (2017) Degarelix for Treating Advanced Hormone-Dependent Prostate Cancer: An Evidence Review Group Perspective of a NICE Single Technology Appraisal. PharmacoEconomics, 35(7), 717-726. View this article in WRRO
- Uttley L, Whiteman BL, Woods HB, Harnan S, Philips ST & Cree IA (2016) Building the Evidence Base of Blood-Based Biomarkers for Early Detection of Cancer: A Rapid Systematic Mapping Review. EBioMedicine. View this article in WRRO
- Uttley L, Stevenson M, Scope A, Rawdin A & Sutton A (2015) The clinical and cost effectiveness of group art therapy for people with non-psychotic mental health disorders: a systematic review and cost-effectiveness analysis. BMC Psychiatry, 15. View this article in WRRO
- Uttley L, Scope A, Stevenson M, Rawdin A, Taylor Buck E, Sutton A, Stevens J, Kaltenthaler E, Dent-Brown K & Wood C (2015) Systematic review and economic modelling of the clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of art therapy among people with non-psychotic mental health disorders.. Health Technology Assessment, 19(18), 1-vi. View this article in WRRO
- Uttley L & Tappenden P (2014) Dry powder inhalers in cystic fibrosis: same old drugs but different benefits?. Current Opinion in Pulmonary Medicine, 20(6), 607.
- Uttley L, Harnan S, Cantrell A, Taylor C, Walshaw M, Brownlee K & Tappenden P (2013) Systematic review of the dry powder inhalers colistimethate sodium and tobramycin in cystic fibrosis.. Eur Respir Rev, 22(130), 476-486.
- Uttley L, Kearns B, Ren S & Stevenson M (2013) Aripiprazole for the treatment and prevention of acute manic and mixed episodes in bipolar I disorder in children and adolescents: a NICE single technology appraisal.. Pharmacoeconomics, 31(11), 981-990.
- Uttley L, Campbell F, Rhodes M, Cantrell A, Stegenga H & Lloyd-Jones M (2013) Minimally invasive oesophagectomy versus open surgery: is there an advantage?. Surg Endosc, 27(3), 724-731.