Dr Lesley Uttley BSc, PhD (Psychology)
University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Sheffield, S1 4DA
Tel: (+44) (0)114 222 0782
Fax: (+44) (0)114 222 0749
I joined ScHARR as a systematic reviewer in January 2011 after completing my BSc and PhD in Psychology at the University of Sheffield in developmental psychology. I work as part of the evidence review group, ScHARR-TAG, on projects in areas including mental health, oncology and diagnostics. I also design and lead research in systematic review projects of mapping reviews and complex interventions.
- Methodology of systematic reviews and primary research
- Treatment for mental health disorders
- Infant and child development
Within ScHARR I am co-chair for the Systematic Reviewers Academic Development Group (SRADG) and a member of the Equality and Diversity Steering Group. I supervise masters students and teach on modules across the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health on systematic reviews. I work collaboratively with a number of institutions including the University of Warwick and the University of Oxford, and the National Institute for Health Care Excellence (NICE).
- Collaboration on projects conducted at the University of Oxford Dept. of Social Policy and Intervention for "empty" systematic reviews and the GRADE Extension for Complex Social Interventions
- Uttley L, Whyte S, Gomersall T, Ren S, Wong R, Chambers D & Tappenden P (2016) Degarelix for Treating Advanced Hormone-Dependent Prostate Cancer: An Evidence Review Group Perspective of a NICE Single Technology Appraisal.. PharmacoEconomics. View this article in WRRO
- Uttley L, Whiteman BL, Woods HB, Harnan S, Philips ST & Cree IA (2016) Building the Evidence Base of Blood-Based Biomarkers for Early Detection of Cancer: A Rapid Systematic Mapping Review. EBioMedicine. View this article in WRRO
- Uttley L, Stevenson M, Scope A, Rawdin A & Sutton A (2015) The clinical and cost effectiveness of group art therapy for people with non-psychotic mental health disorders: a systematic review and cost-effectiveness analysis. BMC Psychiatry, 15. View this article in WRRO
- Leaviss J & Uttley L (2015) Psychotherapeutic benefits of compassion-focused therapy: an early systematic review. Psychological Medicine, 45(05), 927-945. View this article in WRRO
- Uttley L, Scope A, Stevenson M, Rawdin A, Taylor Buck E, Sutton A, Stevens J, Kaltenthaler E, Dent-Brown K & Wood C (2015) Systematic review and economic modelling of the clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of art therapy among people with non-psychotic mental health disorders. Health Technology Assessment, 19(18), 1-120. View this article in WRRO
- Antakia R, Edafe O, Uttley L & Balasubramanian SP (2015) Effectiveness of Preventative and Other Surgical Measures on Hypocalcemia Following Bilateral Thyroid Surgery: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Thyroid, 25(1), 95-106.
- Uttley L & Tappenden P (2014) Dry powder inhalers in cystic fibrosis: Same old drugs but different benefits?. Current Opinion in Pulmonary Medicine, 20(6), 607-612.
- Uttley L, Harnan S, Cantrell A, Taylor C, Walshaw M, Brownlee K & Tappenden P (2013) Systematic review of the dry powder inhalers colistimethate sodium and tobramycin in cystic fibrosis.. Eur Respir Rev, 22(130), 476-486.
- Uttley L, Kearns B, Ren S & Stevenson M (2013) Aripiprazole for the treatment and prevention of acute manic and mixed episodes in bipolar I disorder in children and adolescents: a NICE single technology appraisal.. Pharmacoeconomics, 31(11), 981-990.
- Uttley L, Campbell F, Rhodes M, Cantrell A, Stegenga H & Lloyd-Jones M (2013) Minimally invasive esophagectomy versus open surgery: is there an advantage?. Surg Endosc, 27(11), 4401-4402.