Dr Lesley Uttley BSc, PhD (Psychology)
Senior Research Fellow
University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Sheffield, S1 4DA
Tel: (+44) (0)114 222 0782
Fax: (+44) (0)114 222 0749
I am a senior research fellow and career development award holder for investigating human influences in systematic reviews and meta-analyses, funded by the Medical Research Council (MRC). I obtained my BSc and PhD in Psychology at the University of Sheffield. I joined ScHARR as a systematic reviewer in January 2011 for the evidence review group, ScHARR-TAG, working on a variety of projects including mental health, oncology and diagnostics. I design, lead and conduct systematic reviews and I am interested in how the people, or the systematic review team, can potentially influence the output of apparently objective research projects.
- Research integrity of systematic reviews
- Positive and negative human influences in research
- Methodology of systematic reviews
- Supervisor to PhD students on systematic review topics
- Supervisor to Masters student dissertation involving systematic reviews
- Deliver lectures and workshops in systematic review and meta-analysis
- Co-chair for ScHARR Systematic Reviewers academic development group
- Member of ScHARR Equality and Diversity committee
- Member of ScHARR Research Committee
- Invited visiting scientist to the World Health Organisation (WHO) International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC)
- Editorial board member for Scientific Reports (Nature)
- Peer reviewer for Systematic Reviews (BMC)
- Invited commentary - WHO classification of tumors : how should tumours be classified? Expert consensus, systematic reviews or both?. International Journal of Cancer. View this article in WRRO
- Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease: a systematic review of global incidence, prevalence, infectivity, and incubation. The Lancet Infectious Diseases, 20(1), e2-e10.
- A review of quality of life themes in Duchenne muscular dystrophy for patients and carers.. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes, 16. View this article in WRRO
- Tofacitinib for Treating Rheumatoid Arthritis After the Failure of Disease-Modifying Anti-rheumatic Drugs: An Evidence Review Group Perspective of a NICE Single Technology Appraisal.. Pharmacoeconomics, 36(9), 1063-1072. View this article in WRRO
- The influence of the team in conducting a systematic review.. Systematic Reviews, 6. View this article in WRRO
- Degarelix for Treating Advanced Hormone-Dependent Prostate Cancer: An Evidence Review Group Perspective of a NICE Single Technology Appraisal. PharmacoEconomics, 35(7), 717-726. View this article in WRRO
- Building the Evidence Base of Blood-Based Biomarkers for Early Detection of Cancer: A Rapid Systematic Mapping Review. EBioMedicine. View this article in WRRO
- The clinical and cost effectiveness of group art therapy for people with non-psychotic mental health disorders: a systematic review and cost-effectiveness analysis. BMC Psychiatry, 15. View this article in WRRO
- Dry powder inhalers in cystic fibrosis. Current Opinion in Pulmonary Medicine, 20(6), 607-612.
- Systematic review of the dry powder inhalers colistimethate sodium and tobramycin in cystic fibrosis.. Eur Respir Rev, 22(130), 476-486.
- Aripiprazole for the treatment and prevention of acute manic and mixed episodes in bipolar I disorder in children and adolescents: a NICE single technology appraisal.. Pharmacoeconomics, 31(11), 981-990.
- Minimally invasive oesophagectomy versus open surgery: is there an advantage?. Surg Endosc, 27(3), 724-731.
- Systematic review and economic modelling of the clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of art therapy among people with non-psychotic mental health disorders. Health Technology Assessment, 19(18), 1-120. View this article in WRRO