Professor Mark Hawley BSc, PhD, MIPEM, Hon. FRCSLT, CSci
Professor of Health Services Research
Director of CATCH, Head of RAT Group
The University of Sheffield
The Innovation Centre
Sheffield S1 4DP
Room: 1.06c, 1st Floor, The Innovation Centre
Tel: (+44) (0)114 222 0682
I am Professor of Health Services Research at the University of Sheffield, UK, where I lead the Rehabilitation and Assistive Technology Research Group. I am also Honorary Consultant Clinical Scientist at Barnsley Hospital, where I am Head of Medical Physics and Clinical Engineering, whose AT Team provides specialist electronic assistive technology services to people with disabilities in South Yorkshire.
Over the last 20 years, I have worked as a clinician and researcher – providing, researching, developing and evaluating assistive technology, telehealth and telecare products and services for disabled people, older people and people with long-term conditions.
- Assistive Technology
- Telecare & telehealth
- Digital Healthcare
- Catalyst for Knowledge Exchange, HEFCE, £8M (2014 – 2016), Co-applicant for Centre for Assistive Technology and Connected Healthcare £692,000
- Collaboration for Leadership in Health Research and Care - Yorkshire & Humber (CLAHRC Y&H), National Institute for Health Research, £24 million (£10M grant funded with match funding from NHS/universities/industry) (2014 - 2018) Co-applicant for bid (£24M), Principal Applicant for Telehealth and Care Technologies theme £2.4 million
- Devices for Dignity plus (D4D+), NIHR Health Technology Co-operative, £800,000 (2013-2016) Co-applicant
- Overcoming barriers to mainstreaming Assisted Living Technologies, Technology Strategy Board Assisted Living Innovations Platform (with ESRC and NIHR), £1.8M (2011–2014) Principal Applicant
- Voice Input Voice Output Communication Aid 2 (VIVOCA2), NIHR Health Technology Devices programme, £823,364, (50/50 DH grant / industrial match funding) (2010-2013) Principal Applicant
- Easton KA, Burton T, Ariss S, Bradburn M & Hawley M (2017) Smart clothing for falls protection and detection: User-centred co-design and feasibility study. Studies in health technology and informatics. View this article in WRRO
- Hargreaves SA, Hawley MS, Haywood A & Enderby PM (2017) Informing the Design of “Lifestyle Monitoring” Technology for the Detection of Health Deterioration in Long-Term Conditions: A Qualitative Study of People Living With Heart Failure. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 19(6). View this article in WRRO
- Bartlett YK, Webb TL & Hawley MS (2017) Using Persuasive Technology to Increase Physical Activity in People With Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease by Encouraging Regular Walking: A Mixed-Methods Study Exploring Opinions and Preferences. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 19(4), e124-e124. View this article in WRRO
- Bentley CL, Otesile O, Bacigalupo R, Elliott J, Noble H, Hawley MS, Williams EA & Cudd P (2016) Feasibility study of portable technology for weight loss and HbA1c control in type 2 diabetes. BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making, 16(1). View this article in WRRO
- Taylor J, Coates E, Wessels B, Mountain G & Hawley MS (2015) Implementing solutions to improve and expand telehealth adoption: participatory action research in four community healthcare settings. BMC Health Services Research, 15. View this article in WRRO
- Taylor J, Coates E, Brewster L, Mountain G, Wessels B & Hawley M (2015) Examining the use of telehealth in community nursing: identifying the factors affecting frontline staff acceptance and telehealth adoption. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 71(2), 326-337.
- Judge S, Hawley MS, Cunningham S & Kirton A (2015) What is the potential for context aware communication aids?. Journal of Medical Engineering & Technology, 39(7), 448-453. View this article in WRRO
- Gorst SL, Armitage CJ, Brownsell S & Hawley MS (2014) Home telehealth uptake and continued use among heart failure and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients: a systematic review.. Ann Behav Med, 48(3), 323-336. View this article in WRRO
- Bartlett YK, Haywood A, Bentley CL, Parker J, Hawley MS, Mountain GA & Mawson S (2014) The SMART personalised self-management system for congestive heart failure: results of a realist evaluation. BMC Medical Informatics & Decision Making, 14. View this article in WRRO
- Bentley CL, Mountain GA, Thompson J, Fitzsimmons DA, Lowrie K, Parker SG & Hawley MS (2014) A pilot randomised controlled trial of a Telehealth intervention in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: challenges of clinician-led data collection. Trials, 15(1). View this article in WRRO
- Bartlett YK, Sheeran P & Hawley MS (2014) Effective behaviour change techniques in smoking cessation interventions for people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: A meta-analysis. British Journal of Health Psychology, 19(1), 181-203. View this article in WRRO
- Brewster L, Mountain G, Wessels B, Kelly C & Hawley M (2014) Factors affecting front line staff acceptance of telehealth technologies: A mixed-method systematic review. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 70(1), 21-33.
- Cardinaux F, Brownsell S, Bradley D & Hawley MS (2013) A home daily activity simulation model for the evaluation of lifestyle monitoring systems. Computers in Biology and Medicine, 43(10), 1428-1436.
- Parker SG & Hawley MS (2013) Telecare for an ageing population?. Age Ageing, 42(4), 424-425.
- Gorst SL, Armitage C, Hawley M & Coates E (2013) Exploring patient beliefs and perceptions about sustained use of telehealth. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF INTEGRATED CARE, 13.
- Bacigalupo R, Cudd P, Littlewood C, Bissell P, Hawley MS & Buckley Woods H (2013) Interventions employing mobile technology for overweight and obesity: An early systematic review of randomized controlled trials. Obesity Reviews, 14(4), 279-291. View this article in WRRO
- Hawley M, Cunningham SP, Green PD, Enderby P, Palmer R, Sehgal S & O'Neill P (2013) A Voice-Input Voice-Output Communication Aid for People with Severe Speech Impairment. IEEE TRANSACTIONS IN NEURAL SYSTEMS AND REHABILITATION ENGINEERING, 21(1), 23-31. View this article in WRRO
- McCullagh PJ, Mountain GA, Black ND, Nugent CD, Zheng H, Davies RJ, Galway L, Hawley MS, Mawson SJ, Wright P, Eccleston C, Nasr N & Parker SJ (2012) Knowledge transfer for technology based interventions: Collaboration, development and evaluation. Technology and Disability, 24(3), 233-243.
- Brownsell S, Blackburn S & Hawley MS (2012) User requirements for an ICT-based system to provide care, support and information access for older people in the community. Journal of Assistive Technologies, 6(1), 5-23.
- Blackburn S, Brownsell S & Hawley MS (2011) A systematic review of digital interactive television systems and their applications in the health and social care fields.. J Telemed Telecare, 17(4), 168-176.
- Judge S, Robertson Z & Hawley M (2011) The limitations of speech control: perceptions of provision of speech-driven environmental controls. Journal of Assistive Technologies, 5(1), 4-11. View this article in WRRO
- Fitzsimmons DA, Thompson J, Hawley M & Mountain GA (2011) Preventative tele-health supported services for early stage Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: a pragmatic randomized controlled trial pilot. Trials, 12(6). View this article in WRRO
- Brownsell S, Bradley D, Blackburn S, Cardinaux F & Hawley MS (2011) A systematic review of lifestyle monitoring technologies. J TELEMED TELECARE, 17(4), 185-189.
- Creer S, Cunningham S, Hawley M & Wallis P (2011) Describing the interactive domestic robot setup for the SERA project. Applied Artificial Intelligence, 25(6), 445-473.
- Brownsell S, Bradley D, Cardinauxm F & Hawley M (2011) Developing a systems and informatics based approach to lifestyle monitoring within eHealth: Part I - Technology and data management. Proceedings - 2011 1st IEEE International Conference on Healthcare Informatics, Imaging and Systems Biology, HISB 2011, 264-271.
- Brownsell S, Bradley D, Cardinaux F & Hawley M (2011) Developing a systems and informatics based approach to lifestyle monitoring within eHealth: Part II - Analysis & interpretation. Proceedings - 2011 1st IEEE International Conference on Healthcare Informatics, Imaging and Systems Biology, HISB 2011, 213-220.
- Huang Y, Zheng H, Nugent C, McCullagh P, Black N, Hawley M & Mountain G (2011) Knowledge discovery from lifestyle profiles to support self-management of chronic heart failure. Computing in Cardiology, 38, 397-400.
- Cardinaux F, Bhowmik D, Abhayaratne C & Hawley MS (2011) Video based technology for ambient assisted living: A review of the literature. J AMB INTEL SMART EN, 3(3), 253-269. View this article in WRRO
- Brownsell S & Hawley MS (2010) ADOPTING TELEHEALTHCARE AS A MAINSTREAM SERVICE INNOVATION. GERONTOLOGIST, 50, 547-548.
- Zheng HR, Nugent C, McCullagh P, Huang Y, Zhang SM, Burns W, Davies R, Black N, Wright P, Mawson S, Eccleston C, Hawley M & Mountain G (2010) Smart self management: assistive technology to support people with chronic disease. J TELEMED TELECARE, 16(4), 224-227.
- Palmer R, Enderby P & Hawley M (2010) A voice input voice output communication aid: what do users and therapists require?. Journal of Assistive Technology, 2(4), 4-14.
- Judge S, Robertson Z, Hawley M & Enderby P (2009) Speech-driven environmental control systems a qualitative analysis of users' perceptions. Disability and Rehabilitation: Assistive Technology, 4(3), 151-157. View this article in WRRO
- Bradley D, Acosta-Marquez C, Hawley M, Brownsell S, Enderby P & Mawson S (2009) NeXOS - The design, development and evaluation of a rehabilitation system for the lower limbs. MECHATRONICS, 19(2), 247-257. View this article in WRRO
- Payr S, Wallis P, Cunningham S & Hawley M (2009) Research on social engagement with a rabbitic user interface. Roots for the Future of Ambient Intelligence - Adjunct Proceedings, 3rd European Conference on Ambient Intelligence, AmI 2009, 65-68.
- Brownsell S, Biddiss E & Hawley M (2009) Information communication technology-enabled health care at home. Geriatrics and Aging, 12(6), 328-333.
- Biddiss E, Brownsell S & Hawley MS (2009) Predicting need for intervention in individuals with congestive heart failure using a home-based telecare system. Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, 15(5), 226-231. View this article in WRRO
- Bradley DA, Acosta-Marquez C, Hawley M, Brownsell S, Enderby P & Mawson S (2009) Remote rehabilitation - The NeXOS project: Lessons learnt and questions raised. 2009 IEEE International Conference on Rehabilitation Robotics, ICORR 2009, 956-961.
- Brownsell S, Blackburn S & Hawley MS (2008) An evaluation of second and third generation telecare services in older people's housing.. J Telemed Telecare, 14(1), 8-12.
- Hawley MS, Enderby P, Green P, Cunningham S, Brownsell S, Carmichael J, Parker M, Hatzis A, O'Neill P & Palmer R (2007) A speech-controlled environmental control system for people with severe dysarthria.. Med Eng Phys, 29(5), 586-593.
- Palmer R, Enderby P & Hawley M (2007) Addressing the needs of speakers with longstanding dysarthria: computerized and traditional therapy compared.. Int J Lang Commun Disord, 42 Suppl 1, 61-79. View this article in WRRO
- Brownsell S, Aldred H & Hawley MS (2007) The role of telecare in supporting the needs of elderly people.. J Telemed Telecare, 13(6), 293-297.
- Parker M, Cunningham S, Enderby P, Hawley M & Green P (2006) Automatic speech recognition and training for severely dysarthric users of assistive technology: the STARDUST project.. Clin Linguist Phon, 20(2-3), 149-156.
- Hawley MS, Green P, Enderby P, Cunningham S & Moore RK (2005) Speech technology for e-inclusion of people with physical disabilities and disordered speech. 9th European Conference on Speech Communication and Technology, 445-448.
- Brownsell S & Hawley M (2004) Fall detectors: Do they work or reduce the fear of falling?. Housing, Care and Support, 7(1), 18-24.
- Brownsell S & Hawley MS (2004) Automatic fall detectors and the fear of falling.. J Telemed Telecare, 10(5), 262-266. View this article in WRRO
- Hawley MS, O'Neill P, Webb LH & Roast CR (2002) A provision framework and data logging tool to aid the prescription of electronic assistive technology. Technology and Disability, 14(2), 43-52.
- Hawley MS (2002) Speech recognition as an input to electronic assistive technology. British Journal of Occupational Therapy, 65(1), 15-20.
- Cherry AD, Cudd PA & Hawley MS (1996) Providing rehabilitation integrated systems using existing rehabilitation technology. Medical Engineering and Physics, 18(3), 187-192.
- Hawley MS, Cudd PA & Cherry AD (1994) Implementation of a PC-based integrated control system for children.. Med Eng Phys, 16(3), 237-242.
- Hawley MS, Cudd PA, Wells JH, Wilson AJ & Judd PL (1992) Wheelchair-mounted integrated control systems for multiply handicapped people.. J Biomed Eng, 14(3), 193-198.
- Hawley MS, Conway J, Amasha H, Mangnall YF & van Rhoon GC (1992) Electrical impedance tomography: prospects for non-invasive control of deep hyperthermia treatments.. Front Med Biol Eng, 4(2), 119-128.
- Conway J, Hawley M, Mangnall Y, Amasha H & van Rhoon GC (1992) Experimental assessment of electrical impedance imaging for hyperthermia monitoring.. Clin Phys Physiol Meas, 13 Suppl A, 185-189.
- Mangion DM, Hawley MS & Norcliffe D (1991) Lower limb arterial disease: assessment of risk factors in an elderly population.. Atherosclerosis, 91(1-2), 137-143.
- Hawley MS, Broquetas A, Jofre L, Bolomey JC & Gaboriaud G (1991) Microwave imaging of tissue blood content changes.. J Biomed Eng, 13(3), 197-202.
- Jofre L, Hawley MS, Broquetas A, de los Reyes E, Ferrando M & Elias-Fusté AR (1990) Medical imaging with a microwave tomographic scanner.. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng, 37(3), 303-312.
- BROQUETAS A, HAWLEY MS, JOFRE L, DELOSREYES E & ALMIRALL H (1989) ACTIVE MICROWAVE COMPUTED-TOMOGRAPHY CYLINDRICAL SCANNER FOR BIOMEDICAL APPLICATIONS. J PHOTOGR SCI, 37(3-4), 151-&.
- Hawley MS, Conway J, Anderson AP & Cudd PA (1988) The influence of tissue layering on microwave thermographic measurements. International Journal of Hyperthermia, 4(4), 427-435.
- GAUTHERIE M, LAVOINE C, GABORIAUD G, LAVERGNE C, BOLOMEY JC & HAWLEY M (1987) MICROWAVE TOMOGRAPHY IN NONINVASIVE CONTROL OF HYPERTHERMIA. INT J HYPERTHER, 3(6), 563-564.
- Cudd PA, Anderson AP, Hawley MS & Conway J (1986) Phased-Array Design Considerations for Deep Hyperthermia Through Layered Tissue. IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, 34(5), 526-531.
- HAWLEY MS, CUDD P, CONWAY J & ANDERSON AP (1985) MICROWAVE FIELD PREDICTIONS IN LAYERED TISSUE - EFFECT ON RADIOMETER MEASUREMENTS. STRAHLENTHER ONKOL, 161(9), 535-535.
- CONWAY J, HAWLEY MS, SEAGAR AD, BROWN BH & BARBER DC (1985) NONINVASIVE THERMAL MONITORING BY AN APPLIED POTENTIAL TOMOGRAPHIC METHOD (APT). STRAHLENTHER ONKOL, 161(9), 528-528.
- CONWAY J, HAWLEY MS, SEAGAR AD, BROWN BH & BARBER DC (1985) APPLIED POTENTIAL TOMOGRAPHY (APT) FOR NONINVASIVE THERMAL IMAGING DURING HYPERTHERMIA TREATMENT. ELECTRON LETT, 21(19), 836-838.
- CONWAY J, HAWLEY M & ANDERSON AP (1984) A FEASIBILITY STUDY OF MICROWAVE THERMOGRAPHIC MAPPING FOR USE DURING HYPERTHERMIA TREATMENT. CLIN PHYS PHYSIOL M, 5(4), 285-294.
- HAWLEY M, CONWAY J, ANDERSON AP & MELEK M (1984) A MICROWAVE RADIOMETER FOR NON-INVASIVE TEMPERATURE-MEASUREMENT DURING HYPERTHERMIA TREATMENT. PHYS MED BIOL, 29(2), 167-167.
- HAWLEY M, CONWAY J, ANDERSON AP & MELEK M (1984) A MICRO-WAVE RADIOMETER FOR NON-INVASIVE TEMPERATURE-MEASUREMENT DURING HYPERTHERMIA TREATMENT. J PHOTOGR SCI, 32(4), 152-152.
- Hawley M, Anderson AP, Conway J & Melek M (1983) MICROWAVE THERMOGRAPHIC IMAGING FOR USE DURING HYPERTHERMIA TREATMENT OF MALIGNANT DISEASE.. IEE Colloquium (Digest)(1983 /89).
- Mawson SJ, McCullagh P, Nugent C, Zheng H, Burns W, Davies R, Black N, Wright P, Hawley M, Mountain G & Eccleston C (2010) Promoting behaviour change in long term conditions using a self management platform In Langdon P, Clarkson J & Robinson P (Ed.), Designing Inclusive Interactions (pp. 229-238). London: Springer.
Conference proceedings papers
- Judge S, Clarke Z & Hawley MS (2011) Investigating the Success Factors of Expert Users to Inform Device Development, Vol. 29 (pp 995-1003). Nieuwe Hemweg 6B 1013 BG Amsterdam The Netherlands View this article in WRRO
- Clarke Z, Judge S, Heron N, Langley J, Hosking I & Hawley M (2011) User Involvement in the Early Development of Assistive Technology Devices, Vol. 29 (pp 362-373). Nieuwe Hemweg 6B 1013 BG Amsterdam The Netherlands View this article in WRRO
- McCullagh P, Nugent CD, Zheng H, Zhang S, Huang Y, Davies RJ, Black ND, Wright P, Hawley M, Eccleston C, Mawson SJ & Mountain GA (2011) Knowledge capture for self management of long-term conditions. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF INTEGRATED CARE, Vol. 11
- Hargreaves S, Hawley MS & Campbell MJ (2011) Telecare lifestyle monitoring-built on a strong foundation?. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF INTEGRATED CARE, Vol. 11
- Haywood A, Brownsell S , Hawley MS & Mountain G (2011) Development of an integrated telehealth system to facilitate self management of long term conditions.. Assistive Technology Research Series, Vol. 29 (pp 1051-1057). Maastricht, 31 August 2011 - 2 September 2011.
- Hawley MS & Brownsell S (2011) Mainstream adoption: assistive technology transfer's final hurdle.. Assistive Technology Research Series, Vol. 29 (pp 340-346). Maastricht, 31 August 2011 - 2 September 2011.
- Judge S, Robertson Z & Hawley MS (2009) Users’ Perceptions of Environmental Control Systems. AAATE 2009, Vol. 25 (pp 426-431). Nieuwe Hemweg 6B 1013 BG Amsterdam The Netherlands View this article in WRRO
- Cudd P, Judge S & Hawley M (2009) An Innovations Broker that Increases Availability of Assistive Technology. ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY FROM ADAPTED EQUIPMENT TO INCLUSIVE ENVIRONMENTS, Vol. 25 (pp 748-753) View this article in WRRO
- Bradley DA, Acosta-Marquez C, Hawley M, Brownsell S, Enderby P, Mawson S & IEEE (2009) Remote Rehabilitation - The NeXOS project: Lessons Learnt and Questions Raised. 2009 IEEE 11TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON REHABILITATION ROBOTICS, VOLS 1 AND 2 (pp 1115-1120)
- Cardinaux F, Brownsell S, Hawley M & Bradley D (2008) Modelling of Behavioural Patterns for Abnormality Detection in the Context of Lifestyle Reassurance. PROGRESS IN PATTERN RECOGNITION, IMAGE ANALYSIS AND APPLICATIONS, PROCEEDINGS, Vol. 5197 (pp 243-251)
- Zheng H, Nugent CD, McCullagh PJ, Black ND, Eccleston C, Bradley D, Hawley MS, Brownsell S, Mawson SJ, Wright PC & Mountain GA (2008) Towards a Decision Support Personalised Self Management System for Chronic Conditions.. ICNSC (pp 1521-1524)
- Hanson J, Percival J, Aldred H, Brownsell S & Hawley MS (2007) Attitudes to telecare among older people, professional care workers and informal carers: a preventative strategy or crisis management?. Universal Access in the Information Society, Vol. 6 (pp 193-205)
- Hawley M, Cunningham S, Cardinaux F, Coy A, O'Neill P, Seghal S & Enderby P (2007) Challenges in developing a Voice Input Voice Output Communication Aid for People with Severe Dysarthria. CHALLENGES FOR ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY, Vol. 20 (pp 363-367) View this article in WRRO
- Cudd P, Boyle B & Hawley M (2007) Who Determines the Ethics of AT Research?. CHALLENGES FOR ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY, Vol. 20 (pp 605-609)
- Acosta-Marquez C, Bradley D, Hawley M, Brownsell S, Enderby P, Buri H, Mawson S, Scott E & O'Neill P (2006) Design requirements and user interfacing for a rehabilitation robot for the lower limbs. 2006 IEEE Conference on Robotics, Automation and Mechatronics, Vols 1 and 2 (pp 499-504)
- Hawley MS, Enderby P, Green P, Cunningham S & Palmer R (2006) Development of a voice-input voice-output communication aid (VIVOCA) for people with severe dysarthria. COMPUTERS HELPING PEOPLE WITH SPECIAL NEEDS, PROCEEDINGS, Vol. 4061 (pp 882-885)
- Brownsell S, Blackburn SJ, Aldred H & Hawley MS (2006) Two telecare examples from the UK: lifestyle reassurance and chronic heart failure. WMSCI 2006: 10TH WORLD MULTI-CONFERENCE ON SYSTEMICS, CYBERNETICS AND INFORMATICS, VOL IV, PROCEEDINGS (pp 136-141)
- Mawson SJ, Bradley D, Hawley M, Enderby P & brownsell S (2005) The design of an active exoskeleton to support rehabilitation. 3rd IFAC Conference on Mechatronic Systems (pp 505-510), 15 September 2004 - 17 September 2004.
- Mawson S, Enderby P, Bradley D, Acosta-Marquez CA, Hawley M, Brownsell SJ & Buri H (2005) User involvement in the development of remote assistive technology will for rehabilitation of spinal cord injury. JOURNAL OF THE NEUROLOGICAL SCIENCES, Vol. 238 (pp S346-S346)
- Aldred H, Amaral T, Brownsell S, Arnott JL, Hawley MS & Hine N (2005) Supporting older people through telecare. Assistive Technology: From Virtuality to Reality, Vol. 16 (pp 41-45)
- Green PD, Carmichael J, Hatzis A, Enderby P, Hawley MS & Parker M (2003) Automatic speech recognition with sparse training data for dysarthric speakers.. INTERSPEECH
- Roast C, O'Neill P & Hawley M (2002) Improved assistive technology prescription via usage log analysis. UNIVERSAL ACCESS AND ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY (pp 235-244)
- O'Neill P, Roast C & Hawley M (2000) Evaluation of scanning user interfaces using real-time-data usage logs.. ASSETS (pp 137-141)
- Hawley MS, O'Neill P & Webb LH (1999) A provision framework and software tools to aid the prescription of electronic assistive technology: Results of a case study. ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY ON THE THRESHOLD OF THE NEW MILLENNIUM, Vol. 6 (pp 728-732)
- Cherry AD, Hawley MS, Freeman M & Cudd PA (1994) Human-Computer Interfacing for the Severely Physically Disabled.. ICCHP, Vol. 860 (pp 177-184)
- Cudd PA, Freeman M, Yates RB, Wilson AJ, Cooke MP & Hawley MS (1994) The CORES Project.. ICCHP, Vol. 860 (pp 493-495)
- CUDD PA, HAWLEY MS, DALSGAARD P, AZEVEDO L, AGUILERA S & GRANSTROM B (1993) MULTIMODALITY AIDS FOR PEOPLE WITH IMPAIRED COMMUNICATION (MAPIC). REHABILITATION TECHNOLOGY : STRATEGIES FOR THE EUROPEAN UNION, Vol. 9 (pp 118-122)
- Cudd PA, Anderson AP, Conway J & Hawley MS (1987) MICROWAVE PHASED ARRAY SYSTEM FOR DEEP HYPERTHERMIA THROUGH LAYERED TISSUE.. IEE Conference Publication(274) (pp 263-266)
- Cudd PA, Anderson AP, Hawley MS & Conway J (1986) PHASED ARRAY DESIGN FOR DEEP HYPERTHERMIA THROUGH LAYERED TISSUE.. IEE Colloquium (Digest)(1986 /73)
- Cudd PA, Hawley MS, Conway J & Anderson AP (1985) NON-INVASIVE PHASED ARRAY TECHNIQUE FOR ACHIEVING DEEP HYPERTHERMIA.. Conference Proceedings - European Microwave Conference (pp 661-666)
- Prescott TJ, Epton T, Evers V, McKee K, Hawley M, Webb T, Benyon D, Conran S, De Cock Buning M, Verschure PFMJ & Dario P () Robot Companions For Citizens: Roadmapping The Potential For Future Robots In Empowering Older People. BRAID (Bridging Research in Ageing and ICT Development) Final Conference, 29 May 2012. View this article in WRRO