Identify Key Themes
- Agree the process and timetable
- ‘Planning Focus & Priorities’ discussed by UEB based on review of PIs and the wider political and policy context.
- 'Planning Focus & Priorities' circulated within the narrative template to Faculties and PSE with a briefing regarding the operation of the Planning Round.
- Outlook Planning Information Packs issued to Faculties and Professional Services.
||Inform & Align
- FDOs meeting with PSE to discuss the Faculty narratives regarding priorites for Professional Services responses.
|Planning meetings & target setting conducted within Faculties.
||Performance Review and Target setting
- Academic Planning Templates circulated to Faculites in Decdember for completion and return to SPG by 31 January 2017.
- Preparation of updates by Faculties, Cross-cutting PVCs and Professional Services.
- Early identifcation of key issues with Faculty and the Professional Services by the DVC, XPVCs and Director of Strategy, Planning , Director of Finance and Chief Financial Officer.
- Faculties, Professional Services and Cross-cutting PVCs to return final versions to SPG by 17 February 2017.
- Professional Services review of intake targets with Planning Services Officers.
- UEB receive and consider student number targets on 28 February 2017.
- Financial forecast assumptions defined for UEB, Finance Committee and Council review and approval.
||Review & Respond
- Consideration of Faculty strategies and updates during March 2017, subject to confirmation:
7 March: Arts and Science,
14 March: Medicine and Social Sciences,
21 March: Engineering and AMRC,
28 March: Professional Services and XPVCs,
11 April: International Faculty.
- Approve draft Outcomes and Action for 2017/18 for consideration by the Vice-Chancellor.
- Draft financial forecasts for UEB and Finance Committee consideration.
||Decisions and Choices
- UEB Away day discussion of themes arising from the updates and development of action points (25 April 2017)
|May - June 2017
||Actions and Funding
- CFO, DoF, DVC and DoSP meet Faculty for completion of iterative financial forecasting.
- Preparation and agreement of budgets for 2017/18 and indicative budgets for 2018/19.
||Feedback and Change
- Planning outcomes letters will confirm objectives, financial context and performance measures as one outcome.
- Planning Outcomes and Priorities and Financial Forecast for 2017/18 to go together to Council in July for consideration and approval.