We are keen to attract outstanding early career researchers through postdoctoral fellowships and grants.
With its reputation for research excellence in the social sciences, and its renowned early career development opportunities, the University of Sheffield can offer an excellent environment for you to establish your research career.
If you are interested in conducting postdoctoral research in Urban Studies and Planning, please contact the Built Environment Research Hub (email@example.com) in the first instance, with the following information:
- Curriculum Vitae (max. 2 pages)
- Outline research proposal (max. 2 pages) - including aims, research questions, methods and outputs
The University runs internal competitions for most major postdoctoral schemes in order to select the strongest applicants. With this in mind, you are advised to contact us as early as possible so that we can work with you to develop a competitive application.
Links to some of the key postdoctoral funding schemes are provided below:
- ESRC Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellowships
- Newton Fellowships
- Marie Curie Individual Fellowships
- British Academy Post-doctoral Fellowships
- ESRC New Investigators Scheme - open call
- UKRI Future Leaders Fellowships - multiple calls planned in coming years
The University’s four flagship institutes bring together our key strengths to tackle global issues, turning interdisciplinary and translational research into real-world solutions.