How to organise a reunion
The Alumni Relations team can help you with your reunion in a variety of ways – from offering advice on the type of event and venues, to publicising the event and putting you in touch with old friends.
How we can help
We can search our database and provide a list of names of alumni. This will enable you to utilise social media to track people down. We can provide a list of names:
- by year of graduation
- by subject of study
- by country/location
- by group/society (e.g. football, chess club)
We can forward on invitations, via email, as long as:
- we can accurately determine the alumni you wish to contact
- we have valid email addresses
Accommodation and venue ideas
We can provide information on:
- places to stay – both local accommodation and Halls of Residence
- places to eat
- places to visit
- access to the Students’ Union and access to other University buildings
Organisation and promotion
- liaise with your department regarding tours or visits to the department (where possible)
- advertise your reunion on our website
- advertise your reunion on our social media pages
- promote your event on in the quarterly e-bulletin
- provide general advice and support
How you can help us
In order for us to keep in contact with our alumni, it is essential we have up-to-date contact details. When organising a reunion, it is possible you will find new contact information for some of your old friends. All we ask is that you encourage them to get in touch with us to update their details. Assisting us in this way helps to keep our database as up-to-date as possible.
After the event has taken place, please remember to send in a write-up and photos of your reunion, together with a list of all those who attended. Then, where possible we will include it on our website and it may even feature in our annual alumni publication, Your University.
For more detailed advice and a step-by-step guide, please download our guide document.Reunion Step by Step Guide
Contact our Events Officer for Alumni Relations, Helen Meadows on +44 (0)114 222 1079. Alternatively email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact our International Alumni Relations Manager, Charlotte Cremers on +44 (0) 222 45119 or email her at email@example.com.