Funds for collaborative projects that assist the Health and Care workforce
As the event was oversubscribed, and some colleagues and partners were unable to attend, we are sharing information and funding details from the event to encourage further collaboration.
The event brought together staff from across the three health care partner organisations (the University of Sheffield, Sheffield Hallam University and Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust) with colleagues from Sheffield Children’s Hospital, the Sheffield Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) and Sheffield Health and Care Trust.
During the sandpit attendees examined a number of workforce issues from the impact of digital technology on the working of health and care staff, to using technology in patients’ homes and supporting patient activation. Participants were encouraged to explore other areas of workforce need where technology might assist.
The event ended with a call for applications for pilot projects up to £25,000 (deadline 10 October 2019). You can download the application form and some guidance below.
Applications for funding will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Fit with the challenge: Innovative technologies to assist the health and care workforce
- The proposal must involve clinical and technological expertise coming together to deliver a solution.
- The proposal must be a collaboration of at least three partners including at least two from Sheffield Teaching Hospitals, University of Sheffield and Sheffield Hallam University.
- The proposal must be a novel collaboration or an enhanced current collaboration.
- The proposal must outline the next funding stage if research is successful
- The proposal must outline the impact that attending the sandpit event or viewing materials had on the research idea/ plan/team
Applications will be reviewed by a group of experts and a shortlist of up to five pilot projects selected. These will then be asked to present their project to a 'closed' dragons den on 4th November 2019, with each project allocated 10 minutes and 5 slides. Applicants will be informed of the outcome by 7th November 2019.
A world top-100 university
We're a world top-100 university renowned for the excellence, impact and distinctiveness of our research-led learning and teaching.