Ambitious Plans. Made Together.
Working with partners to make the region healthier, greener, more vibrant and innovative for all.
Real world partnerships
Working with organisations and individuals across South Yorkshire we’ve created the Made Together programme: a major University of Sheffield regeneration initiative with a dedicated team of staff and a clear brief to do four things: make our region healthier, greener, more vibrant and innovative for all.
Investing in Talent
We recognise the talent of our students and staff is our single greatest asset and we are committed to finding new ways of sharing our talent across the region.
- Providing students access to placement and recruitment opportunities with local employers through our Careers Service and the RISE scheme
- Developing world-class talent in partnership with industry at the AMRC Training Centre
- Ensuring routes into Higher Education for those at risk of missing out through programmes such as HeppSY+
- Promoting a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship
We’re working with partners to regenerate the region by investing in spaces and technology, transforming key public places in the city and making sure that South Yorkshire keep its crown as a world-leading advanced manufacturing hub.
- Supporting Sheffield City Council to transform the high street
- Developing green spaces through projects such as Grey to Green and Love Square
- Collaborating with the City to regenerate Sheffield Castlegate
- Architecture students and residents collaborate on exciting development projects
- Our campus masterplan
Building Stronger Communities
Lasting regeneration of the South Yorkshire region must reach beyond the usual beneficiaries to re-energise and involve all communities and corners of the region.
Trusted Civic Partner
We have a simple but genuine ambition to be a trusted civic partner and role model for the region and an organisation that adds up to more than the sum of its many parts.
Santander UK Universities rewards Sheffield students for entrepreneurial ideas
Student entrepreneurs have each won £1000 funding for diverse projects in the Santander University of Sheffield Ideas for Good Programme 2022.
Family fun May Fayre makes a welcome return to Sheffield
The May Fayre, a day of free family entertainment in the heart of Sheffield, is returning to the city for the first time since 2019, thanks to a partnership between the University of Sheffield and Sheffield City Council.
Together in the Square
Sheffield Theatres, supported by The University of Sheffield and Yellow Bus Events announce the return of Together in the Square, an outdoor weekend of free events.