Improving talent development and skills
We're committed to raising skills across the region through our placement, apprenticeship and widening participation activity alongside support for local employers to access talented graduates.
- Providing students access to placement and recruitment opportunities with local employers through our Careers Service and the RISE scheme
- Developing world-class talent in partnership with industry at the AMRC Training Centre
- Ensuring routes into Higher Education for those at risk of missing out through programmes such as HeppSY+
Enhancing the urban environment
We’re working with regional partners to drive urban development across our campus and the heart of the city, alongside growth of the Sheffield City Region Innovation district.
- Supporting Sheffield City Council to transform the high street
- Developing green spaces through projects such as Grey to Green and Love Square
- Our campus masterplan
- Collaborating with the City to regenerate Sheffield Castlegate
Supporting community projects
Informed by local voices, we're working to make a positive difference to people's lives by delivering projects and initiatives which support communities and organisations across the region.
The University as a role model
Driving economic, social, environmental and cultural benefits is part of our DNA. As a civic institution, historically created ‘for the people’, the University has a responsibility to act as a trusted role model and partner within the region.
University of Sheffield recognised for its impact on society and the economy
The University of Sheffield is in the top 10 per cent of universities in England for working with businesses to find solutions to problems in industry and society, according to a new framework published today (Wednesday 31 March).
EDF and University of Sheffield Nuclear AMRC to deepen collaboration
EDF has supported the Nuclear AMRC's development over the past decade, and the new tier one membership strengthens and deepens the relationship between the two organisations.
New partnership could help unlock economic potential of Sheffield City Region’s GatewayEast development
A new partnership that is aiming to help unlock the economic potential of the area surrounding Doncaster Sheffield Airport has been launched this week (27th April 2021).