Real world partnerships
Working with organisations and individuals across South Yorkshire we’ve created the Made Together programme: a major University of Sheffield regeneration initiative with a dedicated team of staff and a clear brief to do four things: make our region greener, more innovative, healthier and more vibrant.
Investing in Talent
We recognise the talent of our students and staff is our single greatest asset and we are committed to finding new ways of sharing our talent across the region.
- Providing students access to placement and recruitment opportunities with local employers through our Careers Service and the RISE scheme
- Developing world-class talent in partnership with industry at the AMRC Training Centre
- Ensuring routes into Higher Education for those at risk of missing out through programmes such as HeppSY+
- Promoting a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship
We’re working with partners to regenerate the region by investing in spaces and technology, transforming key public places in the city and making sure that South Yorkshire keep its crown as a world-leading advanced manufacturing hub.
- Supporting Sheffield City Council to transform the high street
- Developing green spaces through projects such as Grey to Green and Love Square
- Collaborating with the City to regenerate Sheffield Castlegate
- Architecture students and residents collaborate on exciting development projects
- Our campus masterplan
Building Stronger Communities
Lasting regeneration of the South Yorkshire region must reach beyond the usual beneficiaries to re-energise and involve all communities and corners of the region.
Trusted Civic Partner
We have a simple but genuine ambition to be a trusted civic partner and role model for the region and an organisation that adds up to more than the sum of its many parts.
Made Together: Getting under the skin of the city
Sheffield City Council Head of Economic Strategy and Commissioning, Diana Buckley, discusses working hand in hand with the University of Sheffield through the Made Together programme to drive the city's economic priorities.
Made Together: Scheme to harness hydrogen in battle to tackle climate change
ITM Power CEO Dr Graham Cooley explains the beauty of green hydrogen and how partnering with the University of Sheffield is putting the region at the forefront of this green technology.
Covid-19’s impact on arts, culture and heritage sector revealed by landmark report
A major new report revealing the economic impact of Covid-19 on the UK’s arts, culture and heritage sector, has been published by researchers at the University of Sheffield.
Made Together: A greener, healthier, more vibrant and innovative region
Working in partnership across South Yorkshire we’ve created the Made Together programme: a major regeneration initiative with a clear brief to do four things: make our region greener, more innovative, healthier and more vibrant.