International travel

Travel guidance for international students.


Travel to England rules

Travel to England from another country – Covid-19 rules

If your travel to England is delayed

Exams and assessments

If you’re unable to attend an upcoming exam or assessment, inform us as soon as possible. Submit an extenuating circumstances form for your absence before the date of your exam. 

If you feel you need to submit an extenuating circumstances form, first contact your academic department, who will be able to help you through the process. You should include as much detail in your application, so that we can make sure you receive the support you need.

Let us know if you have a problem

Attending in the spring semester

If you face a delay in your arrival in Sheffield and cannot arrive before the beginning of your studies for the spring semester, you should contact your academic department to inform them first. Your academic department will then advise you based on your circumstances. 

Please note that UK Visas & Immigration's Covid concessions allowing Student Visa holders to distance learning ended on 30 June 2022. All Student Visa holders must be physically present on campus for study. 

We look forward to welcoming you to study with us in Sheffield.

Support – get in touch

Our extensive range of support services for students are all available online.