Our full-time degrees with a foundation year
We offer a range of degrees with integrated foundation years which can be studied on a full-time basis (part-time courses also available).
Our foundation year is designed to give mature students without standard entry qualifications the best possible preparation for success on the degree course of their choice.
All foundation years combine:
- core modules in academic literacy and communication skills
- core modules in maths and statistics
- an extended project
- subject specific introductory modules relevant to the chosen degree course
On successful completion of the foundation year (see individual course pages for more information), students transfer to the academic department in which they will complete their degree. While there, they will continue to be able to access the tailored support provided by the Department for Lifelong Learning.
Full-time degrees with a foundation year are suitable for learners who:
- Want to study for a full-time degree but don’t have the relevant qualifications for direct entry onto a degree
- Know which subject they wish to gain a degree in
- Can commit to 4 years of full-time study
We particularly welcome applications from mature students with non-standard qualifications.
Full-time degrees with a foundation year are available in the following subjects:
Arts and Humanities subjects:
Social Science subjects:
To apply for any of these courses for academic year 2017-2018, please apply through UCAS, after reading the course information and these pages carefully: